helpful

Help for my weird hair...

Okay so I always thought I was taking care of my hair correctly but lately I feel like I'm missing something. I have ombré style blonde hair, it's long, about to my bra strap, and is fairly thick. I use Carols Daughter Monoi Mask as well as Coconut oil a few days per week for deep conditioning and use Tresemme shampoo/conditioner. I use Nexxus pro mend heat protectant before styling. So now that's out of the way....

I feel like any time I try to wear my hair straight it looks like a hot mess. It seems to always be tangled and almost stringy looking. I usually wear it in waves and it looks good when I do that, but I'm wondering if there's a product I can use so that it looks better straight. I don't have a ton of breakage/split ends, just a few here and there.

Any suggestions or is this just a result of my hair type that I have to deal with?

a2z1

Re: Help for my weird hair...

Hi, Carols Daughter are excellent products, I use them on my Daughter often! I would suggest trying the whole Monoi line! Coconut oil is also a great choice, also try jojoba oil! Try using serums on your hair a little before you blow dry as well as a bit after drying and straightening! Are you using a good flat iron that is ceramic and or ion based? If not that is very important! Hope this helps!

helpful

Re: Help for my weird hair...

(0) Hearts

I do use a ceramic iron. I was thinking of trying more from the Monoi line- I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • helpful
    • a2z1