Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Heat Protection that can be applied on dry hair

I am looking for a good heat protectant to apply to my air dried hair before straightening or curling.  I have long, wavy, thick hair.  It is color treated.  I am currently using Living Proof spray but am not a super fan of the spray. 

Re: Heat Protection that can be applied on dry hair

My favorites were all discontinued, but I am in love with a new one: Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press.  It is an Allure award winner.

The Tressame Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray (found at drugstores, Ulta, Target, etc.) can go on dry hair. It's what I use before curling. 

Hello,

Our Sheer Thermal Protect mist provides an extensive thermal shield by absorbing heat up to 220 degrees C/ 428 degrees F. whilst preventing colour fade.

The Sheer Thermal Protect Mist contains Meadowfoam Seed Oil which penetrates hair fibres, repairs cuticles and prevents damage from intense heat from chemical and mechanical stress. Furthermore, it contains Vitamin E - Anti-Oxidant which is an added barrier against colour fade, including sun protection from UVA/B rays.

All our products are Paraben and Sulphate free and are blended with innovative hair care ingredients that treat and improve the condition of hair. Further to this, they offer UV protection and Anti-Humectant whilst incorporating free-radical scavengers to keep colour hair free from oxidation.

To use Sheer Thermal Protect: Spray the product sparingly at arms length throughout damp hair and brush through for best results. 

We hope this helps and you will enjoy using the collection.

SHOW Beauty Team, London

The bumble & bumble hairdressers oil primer gets my vote as well.  While I usually right out of the shower I have used it on dry hair as well. I have parts of my hair bleached and re dyed and I find this is great at helping my ends look a little less.... bleached? Lol .. I like the spray and scent as well.  Oh! It helps as a d'étrangler right out of the shower for me or for my niece dry as well!

Hi @sfulton,

You may like ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR CC Cream for Hair 10-in-1 Complete Correction. Some of the benefits it provides is moisture, shine, smoothness, heat protection, and UV protection! It can be used alone or as a base for other products. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

I use this Bumble and Bumble protectant: http://www.sephora.com/hairdresser-s-invisible-oil-primer-P386464?skuId=1602960&icid2=products%20gri...

I too have long, thick, wavy hair and it's worked great for me so far 🙂

@lylysa is the person to ask, lol. I like Bumble&bumble stuff but I don't do much to my hair.

Thanks for the tag!

🙂

To sfulton, if you're finding you're wanting a departure from the LP spray and want something a bit more suited to your thick wavy hair, I'd recommend checking into the Alterna cream that MariekeBT mentioned above as it is a richer consistency than a spray so it better serves thicker or textured hair as it can absorb more and not be as thin as a mist/spray formula.

Another option is Orlando Pita's Atmos-Shield Hair Protection Treatment Spray or It's a 10's Miracle leave-In Product. While both formulas comes in a spray bottle, the consistency of them is creamier. Both of these are available at Ulta and can be applied to dry hair.

If you're not wanting a creamier formula, try a serum like Iles Formula's Haute Performance Finishing Serum. This multi-purpose serum can be applied to wet or dry hair as a thermal protectant, but also be applied after styling as a smoothing and shine-adding finisher.

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing