MJAR

Heat Protection Spray/At Home Blow Out

(0) Hearts

So I am a new law student and will be doing interviews in a couple of months. I have long (past my shoulders) thin hair and want to learn how to do a blow out at home to get bounce and make my straight long hair look more professional.

I am looking for recommendations for a heat protection spray possibly one that also calms fly aways? I need it to be very light because my hair is super thin and fine. 

Also, if anyone has general tips on how they do a blow out at home that would be great!

Thanks!

lylysa

Re: Heat Protection Spray/At Home Blow Out

(0) Hearts

Try Living Proof's sprays, they're light aerosals that offer flexible hold and heat protection.

http://www.sephora.com/living-proof#!brandName=living-proof&pageSize=60&sortBy=-1&node=1050092&ref[]...

The Restore one is more geared to heat/thermal protection while Straight can work well as a finishing spray without any hard, crunchy hold.

To get bounce in your hair, use a volumizing foam or spray at the roots and work with a large (size will depend on hair length) round brush to lift and work hair at the roots while blow drying to give hair a more lifted look and more body,

Phyto Actif is a great volumizing spray perfect for roots as the particles actually swell/expand between strands once heat is applied to add more space/body, thus increasing the look of volume in your hair.

If you don't want an aerosal spray, Chi Iron Guard 44 is a heat protectant spray in a pump nozzle.

Stick with sprays rather than a serum or oil, those would be too heavy on your hair type.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • MJAR