Answer
reinah
Hair product recommendation request
(0) Hearts

Hi guys!

So I normally have poofy, wavy/curly hair. I usually put it up or something, but occasionally I straighten it. However, all of the products I've tried seem to not really affect its softness, shininess, and healthiness of my hair. The ends get dried out easily, no matter how much I try to prevent it (even without straightening my hair) and get very straw-like, even before the ends start splitting. Even the top, which is soft, is not as soft as so many girls I see out there. 

I look at pictures of girls with really shiny, beautiful, healthy, SOFT, glossy hair, and have no idea how to achieve this. 

I'm also on a budget. I know that higher priced products usually result in higher quality products, but ideally, I'm looking for something that can help make my hair look healthy and glossy. 

I'm talking conditioners, pre straightening treatments, whatever. (Although it should be noted that when I DO straighten my hair, I always let it completely air dry first, I don't know if this can affect any products recommended.)

I have dandruff, so my current routine is Head & Shoulders, and a shea butter conditioner, with some drugstore brand spray, and handfuls of pre-straightening heat protectant products. 

Hopefully this isn't too vague. I appreciate any help. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
bananachoox3
Answered

Whenever you straighten your hair, I would protect your hair with a heat protector. That way it won't be as damaged without it, its only a couple bucks at the drugstores. I like to use tresme heat protector. Spray it in your hair before using any heat. I would also use a deep repair masque. I would recommend this Macadamia Natural Oil repair masque. Its a deep conditioner that makes your hair soft and shiny. I may sound like a broken record becuase I tell everyone to use this but I swear by this, I would use this once-twice a week. The big jar can be pricey about 30 bucks but they also sell a package of it for 4 bucks. With one package you can get a couple of usage out of it; depending on the amount of hair you have. Also something for your ends, Carol's Daughter split end repair creme. This one is about 25 bucks. After showering, use a pea size and run it through your ends. Helps with the split ends and making it look better. If you want to get just one thing, go for the Macadamia Repair Masque. For 4 bucks a pack, it won't hurt to try.

Hope this helps.

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

What type of heat protectant products are you using? What are their formulations? Are they sprays? Serums? Oils?

How often do you get your hair trimmed or when was the last time you got your hair trimmed?

What conditioning products do you follow up with after your straighten? Does the flat iron you use allow for adjustable temperatures?

Let us know more specifics and we can make better recommendations for you!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • bananachoox3
    • reinah