Answer
lorenabee
HAIR WITH NO VOLUME

I've been struggling with volume problems for a really long time & I need help on finding an oil that adds volume to my hair but is also a heat protectant and tames frizz. Any suggestions on products or advice to add volume to my hair? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
OzarkOrigins
Answered
I have very long hair. I use Argan oil mid-way down my length, root lifter in my crown area, and a heat protector lightly on my length, concentrating in the tips, sparingly on the crown.  I have used a multitude of products from high-end to low-end, and have learned price isn't a determining factor in product effectiveness. I buy Salley's One N' Only Argan oil, L' Oreal's root lifter ( silver bottle), and Tresseme's heat protector spray. To build more volume after my blow out, I spray in Elnett's hairspray for color treated hair with UV protection (gold can with red label, and Kardashian favorite). Bumble & Bumble has another good spay, but it's more expensive. Anyway, I layer it through my root area, then gently smooth my style with a wide tooth comb, not a brush. A brush will just pull the volume right out. When building volume, the only brush you may want to utilize is a tease brush, exclusively at the roots.
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • lorenabee
    • OzarkOrigins