melissa93

HAIR HELP!

(0) Hearts

Hey guys!

Today out of nowhere, I woke up with DANDRUFF! I almost started to cry. I was so very confused and it's just so gross. I have color-treated hair ( I have red and green in my hair) and I don't know what product to use to get rid of it! I don't wash my hair every day either. It just happened out of nowhere! Any home remedies or products that any of you have used that has worked PLEASE let me know! I'm seriously like dying here...maybe not but you get the picture! Thanks guys!

ds729

Re: HAIR HELP!

(0) Hearts

ACV does the trick inexpensive and I do it at least once a month. Its not just dandruff remedy but its so good for so many things, not only does it restore your scalp but I use it as a toner for my face. ACV helps improve complexion, can also help reduce red marks and blemishes, and soften skin. For all-over softness, add a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your next bath as well. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

For an at home remedy that won't break the bank, take 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup of water and mix it together, pour or mist onto your scalp and let it sink in for 10-30 minutes then rinse out. If your hair is linger or the mixture isn't enough, just be sure it's equal parts ACV and water you mix.

corrin99

(0) Hearts

Try Clear shampoo it's cheap, it smells good and the active ingredients really work.

bananachoox3

Try rubbing some organic coconut oil onto your scalp. Coconut oil is amazing for what it can do for your hair. Helps it grow faster and it will help with the dandruff. You should probably rub this onto your scalp an hour or so before you shower so you can wash it off. If you want to put some on before you go out, a little will do or else it will make you look greasy. You also can do an overnight treatment, rub some on and put a shower cap over your hair so none of it will be on your pillow, wash off in the morning.

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Melissa93-

I think it could be because of the cold weather! Itchy scalp can be an issue during winter. It could also be product build up, or your shampoo might not be removing it fully. Try using the Ouidad Mediterranean Bay Leaf Exfoliating Hair & Scalp Treatment 1-2x a week. It gently exfoliates the scalp and helps clear build up.

http://www.sephora.com/mediterranean-bay-leaf-exfoliating-hair-scalp-treatment-P375623?skuId=1459387

<3 Melissa
melissa93

I think you're right... It's super cold here in SF and now my face is gettin dry and itchy! :smileysad:

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Melissa93-

You are not alone! Since it is cold out too, places will crank up the indoor heating and that could also cause a dry itchy scalp! Try if possible cutting back on the hair drier too, I noticed that over using it REALLY dries out the scalp. Sounds like you're on the right track not washing your hair every day!

<3 Melissa
arielaaaaaaaa

Have your changed Shampoos and conditioners lately, Or Are you over bleaching ot coloring your hair that could lead it a dry scalp?

melissa93

(0) Hearts

Nope. Nothing. That's why I'm so confused. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • melissa93
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • bananachoox3