glitzeegirl

Get Glam Using Ingredients in Your Pantry

Have you ever spent a fortune on hair treatments only to be disappointed? Some deep treatments can leave hair overly stringy and greasy or do not provide enough moisturization. One way to potentially recoup some of your hard earned funds is to add some ingredients that you may already have stocked in your pantry i.e. virgin coconut oil, olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, plain greek yogurt, avocadoes, etc... One great way to close hair cuticles after a harsh coloring treatment is to add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to some deep conditioner and mix. Let the mixture saturate strands for five minutes. The moisturizing ingredients will soften hair while the apple cider vinegar forces cuticles to lay flat; thus creating a more smooth surface area that reflects light. If you have a deep treatment that does not provide enough moisture and softness you can always add a tablespoon of honey and half of a ripened avocado. Blend well and enjoy luscious locks!

glitzeegirl

Re: Get Glam Using Ingredients in Your Pantry

I'm glad there are so many of you, like me, who enjoy using accessible finds for beauty solutions. I almost forgot, I have one more tip- olive oil is a great way to speed up the nail polish drying process. After your base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat, let your nails dry for about one minute then drizzle a few drops of olive oil onto them. The oil draws out the solvents in each layer of polish; thus giving you shiny, dry nails in no practically no time!  find that olive oil works just as well as nail polish drying drops...not to mention at a cheaper cost. BTW, you can find cheap plastic liquid dispensing bottles or dropper-style bottles at Walgreens, Target, Sally Beauty, etc... You can even use those liquid haircolor bottles with the twist top to put olive oil in. The small applicator tip allows a more controlled drop of the oil onto nails. 

stefaniexx

Hey! This was SOO helpful! Thank you!

lowrah

I add baking soda to my regular facial cleanser when I want a boost. It's a good, gentle, exfoliator.

tiffanybt

Thanks for the tips glitzeegirl! I can't wait to try the avocado and honey mask. Sounds too delicious not to try it on my hair. 

Cheers,

Tiffany

blondeglam

My daughter is always looking for panty finds for her hair and skin. Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on.

melissabt

Hi Glitzeegirl,

Wow great tips! I cannot wait to try this on my hair.:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
dianabt

Hi glitzeegirl,

Thank you for the tips! I agree with Jill, these are very handy to know. :smileywink: I have only heard of using apple cider vinegar to soak on the hair for softness and shine, it's a tip my mother and grandmother passed to me but I have yet to try it myself.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
projill

(0) Hearts

Great tips!  I have heard of avocado and olive oil- but the others are great to know.

Thanks!

xoxo

Jill

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • tiffanybt
    • lowrah
    • projill