Answer
hikagemono
Forehead Enlarging Haircuts
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I know normally the goal for most is to decrease forehead appearance but I have a 'pear'/'triangle'-shaped face, so the opposite effect is desired.  The snap I included below is for reference. As you can see I already have wispy layers around my face which somewhat gives the illusion of a narrower cheek/jaw area; still isn't quite cutting it though to balance the heavy lower half to the top.  Try to disregard the bedhead-thing going on (ha!), but you get the idea. I want to keep the same shag-fluff and long length, just looking to alter that one thing. Is there a style fringe, hair parting or any other technique anyone might suggest to accomplish this? Thanks!

Face Frame and Side Fluff.jpg
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi, hikagemono.  Here’s a few tips about styling your hair to flatter your face shape:

1) Expose your forehead. Not only does this draw attention upward and away from a full jaw line, it also looks exceptionally flattering.  Try pushing the hair back with a stylish head band or use a clip to hold bangs that are growing out in place.

2) Tuck your hair behind your ears.  If your hair is on the longer side, tuck one side behind your ear to slim and elongate the cheekbones.  Ideally, individuals with pear-shaped faces should avoid hair longer than the neckline (it accentuates the jaw's width).

3) Avoid excessive waves or curls.  These tend to widen the chin and jaw lines.

4) Avoid hair that is all one length and opt instead for a layered cut.

5) Avoid parting hair in the center.

Here’s a few tips about choosing a pair-shaped face haircut:

As with any type of face shape, some styles suit the pear-shaped face better than others. The objective of a great pear-shaped face hair cut is to create width at the temples and forehead and an illusion of sleekness along the jaw line and cheeks - essentially, a look of symmetry on the top and bottom is what you're after. The right cut will also suggest the illusion of an oval face shape.

Short, full side-swept hair can even out a pear face shape.  An ideal style for individuals with pear-shaped faces is the layered shag cut. Layers create fullness on the upper half of the face and help to accentuate those features that are otherwise drowned out by a prominent jaw line. This style also helps draw greater attention to the eye area. For an extra boost, tuck hair behind your ears - it will add some width to the upper half of the face.

A wedge cut is also ideal for pear-shaped faces. An updated take on this flattering style will work wonders in training all the attention on your best features. Wedge cuts, also known as "stacked" cuts, require a precise cut that reveals one layer of hair cut just slightly longer than the layer before it. The result is a graduated look that relies on a "weight line" to determine where the layers should stop. This style suits pear-shaped faces well and is also very easy to care for. It should be noted that individuals with straight hair will have an easier time managing a wedge cut than those with curly or wavy hair.

An extra tip:  Create some height and fullness at the top of the head to really balance things out nicely. If you have bangs, angle them slightly and tuck them behind the ears to frame the jaw line and draw attention upward. While height is good, too much fullness at the crown is not. If you do choose to go with a longer hairstyle, keep the hair as close to your head as possible; anything too voluminous will add weight to the bottom of the face.

Here's a link to some photos of hairstyles that flatter pear-shaped faces:  http://www.google.com/search?q=hairstyles+for+pear+shaped+faces&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Sea...

Hope this helps and have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • hikagemono
Photos1
  • Face Frame and Side Fluff.jpg