crayzeeRN

Favorite Hair Mask or Leave-In Treatment?

My hair has been driving me crazy for years, and I have yet to find something to tame it. My hair is halfway between full-out ringlets and waves. The problems that drive me crazy are split ends and frizz- particularly at the back of my head and right above my forehead. I have all these short little pieces at my forehead!

Hair oil is one thing I want to avoid- I've tried multiple types and all it does is make my hair look crazy greasy.

Couple things I'm looking at right now- have heard good things about the Devacurl line and the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. I've also recently tried some small samples of the Living Proof No Frizz line. Anyone tried these or have some other recommendations they love?

Nicrohr

Re: Favorite Hair Mask or Leave-In Treatment?

(0) Hearts

Organic jojoba oil, put a few drops in my hands, spread around palms/fingers - then comb through hair ends (ideally damp hair, but also works on dry), then work my hands a ways up my waves to spread out the last little bit!

Geminichilde

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

upload_8705753766510585466.jpg

I LOVE this stuff and it's moisturizing and smells like bananas! It's expensive but if you sign up for the sites email they send out a 30% coupon each month.

ShinyMagpie

My answer is a copy and paste from another thread with some additions:

Good old coconut oil has done wonders for mine. I melt it in the microwave and wait until it cools a bit and then slather it all over my hair and massage and comb it through. I use an old hair tie to loosely tie it in a bun on my head and sleep with a towel on my pillow. I shampoo out the next day. It sometimes takes more than one shampoo to get it all out. Doing this once a week has made a significant difference to my hair.

*Edit* I wanted to add to always look at ingredients and if you're not sure what they are then google them. A lot of (not all) so called hair repair masks contain alcohol (drying) and a ton of silicon and antistatic chemicals. They will make your hair feel better but they are just coating your hair in silicone and not actually helping it in any way. They're purely cosmetic in their effect.

Now for the additions. When I use a product other than coconut oil I really love the Shea Moisture products because they don't have a lot of filler garbage or silicon in them. The two I like are:

SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque $7.99 at drugstore dot com

300.JPG

and the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie $8.99 at drugstore dot com

MK89

(0) Hearts

You should try the Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner! It's cheap but it really works, and lasts a while too. It leaves my thick, wavy and dry hair really soft and moisturized. It's a HG product for me :smileyhappy:upload_6270439041659934026.jpg

wendyomgwar

Hey :smileysurprised: are you my... hair twin?!?! Okay first things first, get it cut!! Seriously you'll be so happy to get rid of those split ends!! Plus if you don't get it cut your split ends will just get worse!!

... Did you get it cut yet? Okay, I totally LOVE the Carol's daughter for in shower BUT Lush sells one called Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze, you leave it in your hair for 30 minutes before you shower... I swear you won't believe you have the same hair you did before you showered. And I personally also think that this one last longer then most treatments.

mia135

I am going to try Carol's daughter, thank you for the advice. Oh and I also need a hair cut first!!!

ireneshh

(0) Hearts

I pretty my swear by this stuff:

upload_7087873034996143451.jpgIt makes my hair feel amazing!  I use it 1-2x a week in lieu of my regular conditioner, leave it in for 3-5 mintues, and when I rinse it out, my hair just feels so soft! Smells great, to boot! :smileyhappy:

For the little pieces on your forehead, you can try to tame down with a clear mascara or by spritzing some hair spray onto a clean spoolie and brushing them flat.

renee1003

(0) Hearts

Carol's Daughter Hair Repair - Monoi --- it saved my hair! :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

I'm currently using Bamboo Smooth Moisture Masque that I really only bought to use up the rest of a gift card I had and was impatient with keeping it.  Its pretty much the first one I've tried and while I don't have any complaints, I will most likely buy another type when it's empty.

SarahShameless

Agadir Argan Oil Moisture Masque
It's THICK but it's AWESOME. I'm one quarter italian, and three different types of spanish, so my hair is ALL CRAZY. frizzy and curly. but this deep conditioner has argan oil, keratin protein, and vitamin e, so it's EXTREMELY nourishing, and their entire brand is dedicated to being anti-frizz. LOVE IT!!!

vivi07

my favorite hair mask is the one from pro naturals which is really good for hair, leaves it soft, shiny and healthy. I bought it online @ safrons. com in case you are interested. :smileyhappy:

mityren

My hair is very long, ringlet curls, very thick,and frizzy and dry.

The best thing I have run across is Wen. I looove this stuff. The kit here on sephora comes with cleansing conditioner, hair mask, and refresh spray. I tried Carols Daughter Monio set and i personally snt impressed. 

I also use Wen as a leave in  conditioner. I really cant say enough about it. It sounds cheesy but Wen did change my life as far as my hair is concern. I saw a difference after I used it the first time (not a total change but ter than before) I have been using it regularly for 6 months and i can actually wear my hair down regardless of the weather.

I mean my hair is like poodle curly naturally so frizzy so alot of days I would literally have to braid it or put it in a bun if it was the least bit humid and I live in Ohio so, yeah I lived in a bun!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Yeah its very humid over here in NC, so my hair practically lives in a bun, ponytail or braid as well! Thank you for the reply!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
melissabt

@CrayzeeRN. That's not a dumb question! Use the mask after shampoo. Gently squeeze out excess water and apply the mask to your hair. Leave in 3-5 minutes.

<3 Melissa
crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

crayzeeRN

Actually, scuse a stupid question for a minute: when exactly do you use a hair mask? After conditioner, in place of conditioner, before shampoo?

WhereYouStand

I like Frederick Fekkai Shea butter hair mask it's the only one I've used so I guess I wouldn't be the first one to take hair treatment advice from but I love it nonetheless :smileyhappy: everyone comments the day after I use it at work asking if I did something different to my hair not only that it's soft and it's good. you can get it at target and at Ulta. I don't really know where else sells it. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

It does, thank you! :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Two votes for the Carol's Daughter Mask! Thanks for all the recs guys, I will be checking them out!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • ashhay
    • wendyomgwar
    • mia135
    • vivi07
    • melissabt