crayzeeRN

Favorite Hair Mask or Leave-In Treatment?

My hair has been driving me crazy for years, and I have yet to find something to tame it. My hair is halfway between full-out ringlets and waves. The problems that drive me crazy are split ends and frizz- particularly at the back of my head and right above my forehead. I have all these short little pieces at my forehead!

Hair oil is one thing I want to avoid- I've tried multiple types and all it does is make my hair look crazy greasy.

Couple things I'm looking at right now- have heard good things about the Devacurl line and the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner. I've also recently tried some small samples of the Living Proof No Frizz line. Anyone tried these or have some other recommendations they love?

tonyacan

Re: Favorite Hair Mask or Leave-In Treatment?

I have curly hair but it's getting wavy now that it's longer. I always have to use a heavy conditioner to comb it out in the shower. My long-term favorite is Carol's Daughter Monoi Hair Mask. Brilliant conditioning, never heavy. Worth the money. All I need to style my hair is Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel. At night, I use a little Josie Maran Argan Oil and put my hair in the bun. It's a winning combination. My hair has never looked better.

beautylovingirl

I love Kerastase Masque. Also I love the Chroma Christal or Elixir Ultime for leave in treatments.

ashhay

Favorite leave in hair treatment is Infusium 23.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Thank you both for the suggestions!

DTalksAll

I don't have curly hair, but it's long, thick, frizzy & dry. The only thing that will help split ends is a cut. Products heavy in waxes can temporarily "mend" the hair to make it appear smoother, but it will weight the hair down & can cause more breakage. 

Products with protein in them can help, but using too frequently can dry the hair out more. I know you said no oil, but I love Argan oil. I use the tinniest amount and apply it just to my ends when my hair is still wet. When my hair is dry & I need a boost I reach for Macadamia Leave in Cream (found at CVS, Target, Ulta...) 

I only wash my hair 2x a week, and was using the B&B Tonic Lotion as a scalp stimulator during the winter (to help with yucky oil dry patches) but noticed a huge difference in my new growth. This is something I'm going to keep using. http://www.sephora.com/tonic-lotion-P280530?skuId=1270305 Alterna has something similar, but I haven't tried it yet. 

One product that really intrigues me is the new Alterna CC cream. I love Alterna products (maybe even more than Phyto) but I have too many hair products right now that I need to use up before I purchase a new one. http://www.sephora.com/caviar-cc-cream-10-in-1-complete-correction-P378716?skuId=1524701

A lot of the Living Proof products dried my hair out more. 

Have you looked into Carols Daughter? I tried a sample of the mask & loved the results after one use; hair was soft, but smooth. http://www.sephora.com/monoi-repairing-hair-mask-P286902?skuId=1341635

ellevee09

Spoiler

You you should really try L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • ashhay
    • wendyomgwar
    • mia135
    • vivi07
    • melissabt