Answer
amberembers
Dry scalp

My scalp is always so dry and itchy, nothing I've used seems to work.  Can you recommend  something ?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
bchen506
Answered

Look for sulfate free shampoos, sulfate can be really harsh on your skin, they use the same thing in household cleaning agents. I've also read about Lush's Shampoo Bars, haven't had the chance to try it yet, but seems to work with ppl with sensitive skin.

Manda
Answered

I agree with bchen. Sulfates can do more harm than good on scalps and when you have a sensitive scalp, it can cause irritation. I use sulfate free shampoos and it is the best! My hair looks a lot healthier than what it has ever been before. Also, my scalp is content.

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi amberembers, 

I agree, sulfate free is the best way to go to keep your scalp feeling free of irritation. Try a clarifying shampoo that can remove buildup and restore the ph balance to your scalp.

Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint

Rosemary Mint Clarifying Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo

Sunday Shampoo

Alterna Caviar Clinical Daily Detoxifying Shampoo

Caviar Clinical Daily Detoxifying Shampoo

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Masonwilson
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Most of the times for my skin I prefer to use home remedies. Even I too had a dry skin and I use the mixture of honey and 2-3 drops of lemon in it. Its very effective.

DTalksAll
Answered
(0) Hearts

I get a really dry scalp with oil buildup during the winter since I never wash my hair more than 3x a week (more like 2). I found the Bumble & Bumble tonic lotion works well on the scalp to help it heal. It has teatree oil in it which can be drying if used too much, so I only use it twice a week. I was also concidering buying the Alterna root stimulator, but found one of the travel sizes of the B&B & really liked it. swfupload_4910057810215858240.jpg

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • Manda
    • dianabt
    • amberembers
    • bchen506
    • Masonwilson
Photos1
  • swfupload_4910057810215858240.jpg