ChicDabbler

Do you switch up your hair routine?

Summer's coming, and I know lots of people are switching up the make up and skincare routine. Do you also switch up your hair routine? My hair gets a bit dry in the winter, but now it's super itchy and oily, ugh. As much as I hate buying expensive haircare, I think I might splurge and try the B&B sunday shampoo. Anyone know of any good shampoo for itchy, oily, thinning hair?

placaminero

Re: Do you switch up your hair routine?

(0) Hearts

I change my hair routine frequently. I get bored with my shampoo half way through the bottle.. Which isn't as often as you'd think, since I only wash my hair every two to three days. And my conditioner suffers an even worse fate yet, as I go through about a third before I get bored. Which is unfortunate, because I typically use that daily. (Though not on all of my hair. I've found that if I make a ponytail with my hands and apply conditioner from there to the ends, my hair is less oily on my no-wash days.)

Because of this, I've found that buying the 8 oz bottles works best for me. Economically, it's not very sound, as lower volumes of product are generally the most expensive. But for someone attention deficit disorder when it comes to hair care, it works for me.

All of that being said, I think B&b Sunday is a good investment. It makes my hair so obscenely luxurious and I don't tire of it since it's not intended to be used regularly. And, for me, $23 for 8 oz. is nothing compared to the money we sink into skincare and makeup products. I believe in treating my hair as well as I treat my skin.

veevali

I like the ginger shampoo for the body shop. I got it online on a whim cause I was experiencing super itchy and oily hair. I use it every other time I wash my hair right now, and it's really help with the itchiness and my hair feels so clean after.

I've also been thinking about splurging on the sunday shampoo.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

ooohh, nice. i might have to try it nxt time when they have a promo.

sephoramusthave

Every once in awhile but I mostly stick to what works for me (dermorganic and Giovanni). Right now I'm using Avalon organics and alba and I like them but the bottles are too small....and I have long thick hair that it wont last me more than a week >_<

melissabt

Hi Beautytester,

I have to agree, the Sunday Shampoo is a good investment. It's really concentrated and removes dirt and oil like no other shampoo that I've tried.

During the summer, I like to use the Alterna Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade-Proof Fluide. Since I have blonde highlights my color fades and gets really dry from the sun. This protects it and adds lots of shine.

UV.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/bamboo-color-care-uv-fade-proof-fluide-P292400?skuId=1360213

For dry ends I bump up my conditioner. Bumble and Bumble Quenching Masque.

quench.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/quenching-masque-P280553

<3 Melissa
DTalksAll

Not a shampoo, but the B&B tonic lotion helped my winter dry oil patchy scalp issue so much that I'm going to continue using it during the summer. 

http://www.sephora.com/tonic-lotion-P280530?skuId=1270305

I usually just cut back on my deep conditioning. My biggest issue is oil control. I wash my hair 2x a week MAX & dry shampoo can only do so much. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler
    • veevali
    • placaminero