chiararaiden

Clarifying Shampoo

I was hoping someone had a great suggestion for a clarifying shampoo...  I color my hair, and use a color protective shampoo, but recently I have been noticing bumps around my hairline around my neck... I assume from hair products used for updos.... I can only imagine that when I add sweat from the upcoming hotter months, that they will increase.

Thank You!

chiararaiden

Re: Clarifying Shampoo

(0) Hearts

Thank You all for your help... I was definitely looking to use it once a week.... I haven't tried the vinegar route.

I just learned about the Living Proof line shortly prior to posting the original message... maybe I'll look a little more into it... I DO love Jennifer A!

dianabt

Hi chiararaiden, 

Most clarifying shampoos are great to remove buildup and excess oils on the hair but if you color your hair they can be a bit harsher and stripping of the colors causing more fading.  If you do go with one, try to use it just once a week and even try a sulfate free one like the Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying Sulfate Free, or even try an apple cider vinegar rinse like Danny C suggested.

swfupload_4377792579202335710.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/rosemary-mint-clarifying-sulfate-free-shampoo-P136308?skuId=1350743

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
aviscardi

I'm with jelly bean. I just started using the LP full shampoo a little over a month ago. I used WEN for 3 months and it was too heavy for my fine hair, so i use that as a conditioner now.   Since my hair is fine, oily and color treated, I add in a qtr size of my regular shampoo (matrix for color or the other types i have) in my first wash with LP, rinse and then solo on the 2nd wash. i find my color does not fade any differently and i started when my hair was already a month out of being dyed, not freshly done.

DTalksAll

You won't want to use a clarifying shampoo every time you wash your hair unless it's a really mild formula. 

If you really like your shampoo, then try an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse once a week. Just mix some with warm water in a bowl & soak your hair in it. Then pour it over your scalp, massage it in & rinse off with cool water. Don't shampoo after! 

jellybean917

Sulfate-free shampoos are generally safe for color-treated hair. The first sulfate-free shampoos I found were not clarifying at all. Then I tried Living Proof, and I love the Full collection (my hair is fine and I color it). The shampoo is gentle and clarifying, and have not noticed my color fade any more quickly. Before I could commit to the full size shampoo/conditioner, I tried the Full Discovery Kit (http://www.sephora.com/full-discovery-kit-P296831?skuId=1376243).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • dianabt
    • chiararaiden
    • jellybean917
Photos1