From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Can someone please recommended a good shampoo and conditioner for bleached blonde hair

My hair isn't in the best shape. I like its a ten deep conditioning mask, best ive tried so far. Is there anything better? I want moisture and "damage repair"

i just got alterna shampoo and conditioner and it left my hair super dry.

i prefer luxury products but am open to anything which will make my hair soft 

Re: Can someone please recommended a good shampoo and conditioner for bleached blonde hair

Hi @imababymuffin,

I have 2 sisters that are blonde and one is a hairdresser. She loves the Blonde Ale Brightening Shampoo and Conditioner by Drybar. It is gentle and does not strip any color and leaves the hair nice, soft and healthy.

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Re: Can someone please recommended a good shampoo and conditioner for bleached blonde hair

I used to mask every single time I washed my hair and then use leave in products after the shower.

Try the phytokeratine masque and Chi Silk Infusion.

I also loved the macadamia mask and the oribe mask when I was growing my bleached hair out.

If none of that cuts it, Sally Beauty sells a protein treatment that will do the trick, but it literally smells like cat piss.

I have a sample of the phyto! I'll try it tomorrow. 

Omg chi, i used to love it in middle school, everything smells so good! I stopped using it because the boys would keep smelling me!!! Ahhh 😭

Thanks for reminding me of chi! Ill def pick up the silk infusion and some other things asap! Oh the memories

The macadamia mask doesnt do much for me 😞 i used it up as reuglar conditioner

haven't heard of oribe but that packaging... 😍 Yes!! I hope I like it so I can get more stuff

...i have cats... im a stong woman... i can handle the cat piss ._.

Do you leave your masks in your hair for 5 minutes before washing them out? I have to do that.

As for the Chi, I've seen it at Marshalls on super sale a bunch if you want to try to get a deal on it. 

Ive been known to leave masks on for HOURS! 😂 But always at least like 10 minutes 

@imababymuffin I second the Redken Extreme shampoo and conditioner! They're amazing and have worked wonders on my (seriously heavily) highlighted hair! Their Strength Builder Plus mask is also incredible. 

As a leave it, I really love Bumble and Bumbler's Don't Blow It. Keeps my hair feeling so soft and silky. 

Yay! Excited to try the redken! Ill totally get the mask if my hair likes the shampoo and conditioner.

I know so many people who swear by bumble and bumble! I tried something form Nordstrom rack (aka old and watered down beauty prodcuts) and obviously hated it. Haven't been able to try the brand from a repubale seller since...   

dont blow it looks perfect for me! I rarely heat style and usually just use oil. I'll order right now! 

I really hope you like all the products @imababymuffin. 🙂  They've all made a big difference for my hair. I hope they work the same for you!

Not a shampoo or conditioner but have you tried moroccanoil masks? Either the intense hydrating mask or the restorative hair mask?  If your hair is really really really damaged the restorative is better but if not the intense hydrating should be fine. 🙂

I don't recall which I tried but I recently threw it out because it left my hair worse! Everyone loves it! I want to be in the club too!! 😭 I know someone who works for the brand and can prodcuts free but my hair hates them 😞 isn't that super weird?? Everything smells so good from that brand 😭

Oh wow. That's too bad 😞 Was it the one with the orange cap? If so that's the strongest one and only made for over the top damage... like beyond straw hair. Not recommended for just damaged hair. If it was maybe try the one with the brown cap instead. My HG isn't even made anymore... well don't think so anyway. It was Ojon restorative hair treatment. That brought my hair back to life like nothing else.

Spoiler
Image result for ojon restorative hair treatment

I dont remeber... ok I'll ask her for the one with the brown cap! I just told her i wanted something for really damaged hair so its possible she gave me that. Thanks for the info!

that ojon mask looks cool!!! I had to look it up and... Is that the original price orr... I love their oilIMG_4295.PNG

@imababymuffin.OMG no. That is crazy expensive. Wow! Sorry didn't think it was selling for that. It was over 30 but can't recall the actual price. That mask was sooo good. I don't know why it's been pulled.  Oh and if you do try moroccanoil again follow the directions... as in don't leave it on for hours if it doesn't say so. IIRC they don't need much time and was told to never deviate from the directions.

Hmm... I never follow directions when it comes to hair. Ive read online that the longer you leave conditioner on, the better. Idk if thats true though lol

hair really bores me, its a chore for me to reasearch more. Thanks for the tip though, i totally will this time!

@imababymuffin.I never follow them either LOL and usually leave everything in longer. The Ojon mask I would sleep with.  But I remember being told to follow the directions for the moroccanoil masks. Like a few minutes probably wouldn't be a big deal but it's for longer periods of times that's the problem.  I hope you find something that works for you 🙂

@imababymuffin I also have lightened hair and have had a journey of finding things that work well for my hair. 

1. Shampoo/Conditioners - I've been alternating between Matrix Repairing shampoo & conditioner and Redken Extreme shampoo & conditioner. My hair has never felt softer. Normally with other shampoo and conditioners my hair will feel soft for the first or second day after washing then start feeling like hay after that. NOT with these though. 

2. Masks - I absolutely love the Carols Daughter Monoi mask and the It's a 10 Miracle mask. I mask 1-2x a week depending on when I wash my hair. 

3. Leave ins - Detangler wise I use Healthy Sexy Hair Tri Wheat Soy Leave In spray, keeps my hair tangle free and makes combing and brushing a dream! Also, while my hair is damp I apply the It's a 10 Miracle Leave In smells just like the mask and contributes to hydration and repair. I can definitely feel it on days I don't or forget to use this. 

These products probably aren't considered 'luxe' but I find they work well for me. Hope this helped!:)

Thanks so much girl! Im a sucker for packaging and labels but I need something that works more than anything right now. I use the its a 10 leave in spray too! Im quite happy with my oils and the its a 10 when I style. Something about using a heat protectant when I'm not heat stlying really throws me off o.O

I love the blue bottle for the leave in spray! It doesn't say heat protecant so I'm getting that.

Ive heard great things about carols daughter! I'll def try that mask. So many leave my hair feeling worse! Only its a 10 has worked so far

My mom swears by matrix and I love the smell! I'll order the redken now and use it for 2 weeks. Im going to be visiting my mom after then, for a month, so I'll try it while im there! 

Placing and ulta order now! ❤️❤️

@imababymuffin the carols daughter mask smells amazingggg I love that it lingers a while too. 

also, dry shampoo is my bff since I don't wash my hair everyday. I don't have a holy grail one yet since I'm working my way through my stash of travel size ones. 

I don't use dry shampoo often because it's hard to wash out when I have extensions.  😞

I love pssst because it's almost undetectable, doesn't feel or smell weird.  

Elizabeth and James and batiste smell too obvious for me, like smell me I didnt shower!!

lush has a powder one that I like but have to apply wearing clothes ready for the laundry because it's messy, not really worth it

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_4295.PNG
testing