From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Can someone help me decide upon a haircut and how to style it?

I would like to do something with my hair. I have always had my hair pulled back (which may be the cause of my uneven hairline) and tied up all my life. I don't like my hair down because of how frizzy it becomes. I have tried many antifrizz products and am using shampoos and conditioners (Shea Moisture products) so that there are no sulfates to strip my hair of moisture but none of it seems to help the frizz. I live in the Caribbean and daily temperatures are normally around 33-34 degrees celsius

A little bit about my hair:

• I have to apply oils as soon as I wash my hair or else the frizz is much worse when it is dry. When I sleep and wake the next day my hair is dry like I never applied anything.
  • I don't really blow dry my hair. I let it air dry and I don't use heat tools on it at all.
  • I like low maintenance. Hair is naturally wavy to curly and is flat at the top of my head and gets wider below ( like a triangle). Please consider I wear glasses all the time.
  • It never feels greasy unless I put too much product on it. I am of Indian descent by the way.

Here are some pics. I can't get the pics to rotate when I add them here. sorry

DSC_0021.JPG

2016-06-07 07.24.49.jpg

If you look closely at the pic above you can see shorter hair sticking out of my head and looking wiry like. It is like this no matter how much hair product I use. (Shea Moisture style milk or moisturizer)

What style do you suggest? How can I style it so I can maintain it? Really sorry about the photo orientation guys.

Re: Can someone help me decide upon a haircut and how to style it?

I feel your frizzy pains @ShivaniM! My hair gets pretty frizzy if I don't add a curl defining product after my cream/oil. If I don't get the right product in at the right time my hair goes into a bun. Sounds like we have that in common. 

Sounds like you're taking the right steps, I would add in a styling product to define your curls after you use your oil. I really love Sold Out Curl Primer and Down & Out Dirty Spray by IGK to style wet hair so my hair dries into more defined waves and curls rather than an unorganized frizzy poof. 

The DevaCurl team started a thread all about curls so you may want to head there and ask them for product and styling tips. They can probably help with haircut tips as well. I know a lot of BTers and curly girls in general are big fans of their products!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hair/Let-s-Talk-Curls/td-p/2798507

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for being so thorough with this. I like the first one most.

Why not something short and easy.  A little product air dry . Go with what  your hair naturally wants to do 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • 2016-06-07 07.24.49.jpg
  • DSC_0021.JPG
testing