jmneye62

Best product???

I have Asian medium thick hair.  After I wash my hair it drys fluffy and feels dry?  I'm looking for something I wouldn't have to do much with, and not need to blowdry or flatiron (always in a hurry) What is/are the best products? Shampoo/Conditioner or style product, when I have time.

gongju87

Re: Best product???

(0) Hearts

Biosilk...love the stuff!

jinxski

(0) Hearts

Try putting some argan oil in your hair. Avoid the roots and just go for the tips, a little goes a long way with this stuff. It should help with any dryness and application is super quick.

swfupload_3222433342787098225.jpg

Bear in mind that it can weigh down your hair if you use too much, so just start with a little to figure out the right amount for you. 

Good luck!

jmneye62

(0) Hearts

Thanks guys ill try the living proof.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

What products do you currently use?

For the description of your hair after it dries it appears your hair might not be getting the proper moisture it needs if it splays and fluffs up and feels dry. This means your hair is susceptible to humidity and doesn't have the proper hydration levels to lay smooth.

For starters, try to avoid sulfates. Sulfates are lathering agents that provide that nice soapy lather. Though the visual may have you think your hair is getting cleansed, sulfates don't do any actual cleansing. Too much sulfates and hair can dry out, leaving in vulnerable to issues like dryness and frizz, and for medium thick hair this can make hair feel even thicker and out of control.

I would keep with Melissa's suggestion of Living Proof, but their No Frizz line rather than the Full line. If volume isn't something necessarily you need to amp up, the No Frizz is a good starting point. Rather than use silicones and waxes to smooth and keep hair manageable, LP uses polyfluroesters which don't form water impervious bonds over hair in excess use. Often time smoothing and anti-frizz products rely on silicones, dimethicones, and waxes to smooth hair and though it does work by helping block out humidity, too much (especially if you don't use a clarifying shampoo at least once a week with constant use of those products), you end up blocking healthy moisture from hair, causing strands to dry out.

Another thing to look into is a good conditioning and hydrating mask, something to use maybe once a week. It's a 10's Miracle Mask, Frederic Fekkai's Shea Butter Mask, Macadamia Natural Oil Mask, and Phyto's Phytojoba's Intense Hydrating & Brilliance Mask are some to look into as the contain rich nourishing butters, humectants, and conditioners.

lolo01

(0) Hearts

I always tell my girlfriends get anything with Keratin...that will do the trick :smileyhappy:

ellevee09

below are some really good suggestions, get anything with keratin in it. It will really help! :smileyhappy: 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Jmneye62-

Try using a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. It will prevent your hair from feeling dry. I suggest the Living Proof Full Shampoo and Conditioner.

full shampoo.jpgfull shampoo.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/full-conditioner-P270707

Use a hydrating leave in that will give your hair a glossy finish.

Alterna Bamboo Silk-Sleek Brilliance Cream

bamboo cream.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/bamboo-silk-sleek-brilliance-cream-P285157?skuId=1333541

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • lylysa