hollywo0d

Best heat protection product

I straighten my hair about 2-3 times a week and I used to use TREsemme's thing that they do not sell anymore. But I did not like it much because it felt a little greasy and I wash my hair every other day so I would sleep on this "heat protection" product that would make me get pimples on my forehead.

Can you tell me what heat protection product you use. I love my hair and I do not want to have major split ends I got those chopped off and now have a fresh hair cut so I wanna ensure my hair to be protected.

Thanks<3

pinkmonkey

Re: Best heat protection product

(0) Hearts

I straighten my hair every, the only product i use everyday before i use the flat iron is PAUL MITCHELL SUPER SKINNY SERUM. I never know this thing really works until when I went to have hair cut, my hairstylist tells me everytime when I go that my hair looks very healthy and shinny. She also told me that my hair is moisturizing enough because after she washed my hair, the water just keeps on dripping from my hair, which means my hair doesnt need more water. I told her that I suspected my hair being not healthy because I use flat iron everyday, she told me that I used the right product. Also, a small bottle last a really really long way... real long... hope it helps u too..

mayerialgurl

(0) Hearts

I usually use Aveda products! there high end salon products, all natural! you can find them on there website. It leaves a great healthy shine! a little bottle. but a little goes a long way! i use one drop and i have very thick hair! I hope this helped :smileyhappy: they smell awesome!

fashionista1030

(0) Hearts

I use Keratin, not liquid keratin, but it should come in a silver bottle, and i straighten my hair 5 times a week and it makes my hair shinier, and look healthier.

tenngal

(0) Hearts

I really like ALTERNA's new Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist which you can find at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278004&categoryId=B70

It is a lightweight, nutrient-rich oil mist that protects your hair from heat styling tools, it enhances your hair's shine and boosts your hair's health.  You just have to be careful not to spray on too much so you won't look oily.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

toriboo15

I use the CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. Ever since I used it, (I have dry hair) I have noticed that my hair looks more healthy, and shiny than when I wasn't using it. I highly recommend it!

weeitsashley

(0) Hearts

I love TRESemme's Heat Tamer Spray. It's not greasy at all and doesn't weigh your hair down. I spray on a ton before I flat iron my hair and just run my fingers through it to make sure that it isn't wet.

jessiccaa

My all time favorite is CHI's 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. It comes in an 8.5oz bottle and is around $13.99. You can get it in a salon and I believe Target and select Walmarts also carry it. Some individuals dislike the smell, however, I think it smells great. It leaves my hair feeling very fresh and cuts down on the frizz dramatically. I love it. I use it everytime I use my Professional 1" GHD flat iron.

lagoclare

(0) Hearts

My favorite is the John Freida Heat Protecting Spray. It can feel a little sticky at first, but it dries totally silky. Plus, it makes your hair smell like a salon! It does a good job of keeping my hair non-fried looking. I'm not sure if they sell this at sephora, but you can get it at ulta or any drugstore.

<3

greeneyedgirl107

(0) Hearts

Hands-down the best is Redken's Iron Silk.  It helps straighten hair and it HOLDS!  It also prevents frizz!  It is the BEST!!!

chrystynsview

(0) Hearts

I have tried my fair share of heat protectors and I found one that I am in love with. It is the FX Special Effects Flat Iron: Sheer Silky Smooth Heat Memory Flat Iron Spray (lol don't be intimidated by the long name).

It is light and leaves my hair smooth and soft.  The spray is a water like consistency and it won't leave you with that greasy or oily feeling.  I have only seen it sold at Walgreens and it is about 3.99 or so. It comes in a purple bottle

islandqt

I really liked Bumble and Bumble styling lotion (spray bottle) not really a lotion but they call it that. you can use it on damp or dry hair.

redken also makes a heat protectant that comes in varying hold strengths that's also rally nice.

I also really liked Matrix Vavoom Gold Het Iron-in Control Protective Dry Mist and I found it helped add shine as well.

Kudos to you for ironing your hair the RIGHT way and not putting the appliance straight onto your strands! :smileywink:

Hope this helps!

mayerialgurl

(0) Hearts

I LOVE Bumble and Bumble! :smileyhappy: good choice!

melalah

(0) Hearts

I use herbal essences long term relationship. I haven't found anything at sephora YET that i've liked but hopefully others here will have some nice recommendations t o check out!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • melalah
    • tenngal
    • islandqt
    • greeneyedgirl107
    • mayerialgurl
    • hollywo0d