Answer
18psu55
Best hair straightener/flat iron? Or some comparisons?

Hey everyone!

I have used a CHI for about 4 years now and it is on it's last leg. I have been trying to figure out which straightener I should purchase to replace it and I am torn between three:

The Sultra Seductress, T3 Single Pass, and the ghd Classic.

For some background info, I have very thick hair and curly hair that with my current CHI takes about 45 minutes to completely straighten (I have to go over each piece three times, but as I said before, I don't think my CHI is as hot or powerful as it used to be). I'm sure some of my fellow curly hair girls have plenty of experience with flat irons!

They are all within the same-ish price range so that is not an issue, I'm willing to pay for a good product but I really can't find much of a difference between the three and am looking for any personal recommendations other than the review sections. Or if you know of something even better, I would love to hear about that too!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered

Hello 18psu55, 

I would recommend using the Sultra flat irons. They are amazing quality and although a bit heavier in the cord, that is to supply the straightener with the strongest voltage and technology possible. I have had my own iron for almost 2 years now and it is as good as it was when I first bought it. 

The Seductress

The Seductress: Curl, Wave & Straight One-Inch Iron

I think this tool is great for thicker hair and it gives you a good variety of options to style your hair with as well. You can curl it, crimp it, twirl the hair, etc. If left on for 30+ minutes it will automatically shut off, the universal voltage allows you easy travel with it, and it comes with 3 different temperature settings for fine, medium or thick hair.  The long lasting quality and results I have received from the Sultra have definitely influenced my own decision to use Sultra rather than other brands I have tried before (T3, Chi, etc). My own hair is softer and smoother, with less heat damage and "fried" ends. 

If you have a store near you, you are welcome to visit to try the item out and test it for yourself. With our return policy you are welcome to make any returns on items you have purchased within 60 days from the purchase date (even if they are lightly used). I hope this helps you decide!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • anaa
    • 18psu55
    • vivi07
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • maryask