JinxFox

Best Daily Shampoo for fine/oily/straight hair.

Hi everyone. I have fine, natural (never been dyed/highlighted) shoulder-length hair which tends to get greasy and flat by the end of the day. I cannot go without washing it everyday because it looks completely greasy from root to tip the next morning.

I have used a variety of shampoos (most with a clear formula as opposed to the creamier versions), make sure to only condition my ends, and use “It’s A 10 Lite” on my ends before blow drying. I also use dry shampoo mid-day to combat the oilyness on my scalp but nothing helps in the long run.

I have tried sulfate-free shampoos before and they weighed my hair down (maybe due to them being too much moisturizing?) and am wondering if there is a gentle, daily shampoo that anyone can recommend.

Thanks in advance!

polly13

Re: Best Daily Shampoo for fine/oily/straight hair.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i have this same problem and i really like anthony logistics peppermint shampoo for normal/oily hair. they no longer sell this at sephora so i buy it at beauty.com now. i follow it up with a couple of drops of ojon oil and this has made my hair feel much healthier. conditioner is really what weighs down my fine hair, but most shampoos are so stripping that i feel like i have to add moisture back in. anthony logistics shampoo has a lot of great ingredients in there and it gets my hair squeaky clean without stripping it.

corrin99

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have oily fine straight hair, I have to wash everyday, I have tried soooo many here are the Best.

#1 Neutrogena Clean Shampoo, the pink one, it's the perfect balance of scent, price and quality.  It never strips my hair, leaves it shiny and with volume.

#2 Aveda Chamomile shampoo it's probably my favorite but it's so pricey, it smells like real cherry almond and leaves hair clean.

#3 Tresemme deep clean is quite stripping for when you need it, but doesn't dry me out, it works well for me, smells pretty good.

#4 Dove volume is ok for when I get out of a grease rut, but not in the middle of one. 

I do use deep conditioners and heavier conditioners on my scalp, it is almost like dry skin that gets oily because it needs moisture for me, if I don't it gets worse.  I like Vidal Sasson moisture conditioner, Loreal balm, Neutrogena triple moisture.

JinxFox

(0) Hearts

Hi corrin99, 

I actually used the green Neutrogena Clean Shampoo but not the pink (must try it!). I loved a Dove Lemongrass Shampoo but they discontinued it recently. Thanks for the great suggestions!

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

JinxFox

(0) Hearts

Thank you triciaann12! I use the Biolage contidioner in the winter and I love it. I'll check out the color-treated hair type shampoos.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Whenever daily shampoo by Kiss My Face? It foams a bit more than other organic/natural/sulfate-free shampoo, makes my hair feel clean but not dry, and does not weigh my fine hair down.

JinxFox

Hi beautytester, 

Thanks for the advice! Can you tell me if the Kiss My Face line is available in stores or is it only online?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I haven't seen it instore, but there aren't any store with a good organic/natural selection near me. I brought it from Amazon based on the review that it foams more than other natural shampoos (I like my foam). It is also available on Drugstore/Beauty.com I believe, I plan to order next time there's a good promo there.

Personally I still like the super foamy ones, but I feel like the oily buildup and dryness of the hair accumulates when I use those for long time, so then I switch to Whenever, which brings balances back to the scalp/hair (then I switch to the feel-good-but-bad ones and the cycle repeats =X).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • triciaann12
    • ChicDabbler
    • JinxFox
    • polly13