staringatstars

Beach Waves for Straight Asian Hair

I tried the bumble and bumble spray and even the not you mother's beach spray. Neither worked. Does anyone know what product I can use that will give me a better shot at getting beach waves? 

melissabt

Re: Beach Waves for Straight Asian Hair

(0) Hearts

Hi Staringatstars,

I have pin straight Asian hair and I had to really find ways to keep the curl! Both of the products that Laura recommended work on my hair too. I agree, you will need to braid or put some sort of wave in your hair. I like to use a flat iron, something like the Amika Mighty Mini Ceramic Styler. It creates loose waves without any kinks in it!

mighty.jpg

<3 Melissa
laurabt

Hi Staringatstars, check out Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist Texture Volume & Moisture & Alterna Summer Hair Ocean Waves Texturizing Spray.  But, like Tashalicious mentioned, you'll probably have to do more than just spray the product in your hair.  You can get the look by braiding your hair when damp & taking it out once it dries.  Or twisting & pinning sections of damp hair to your head, then letting them out once hair is dry.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Josie Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist Texture Volume & Moisture.jpg

Alterna Summer Hair Ocean Waves Texturizing Spray.jpg

tashalicious

you could try braiding your hair, when you take the braids out your hair will have a wavy texture. or you can wrap your hair around a curling iron leaving the ends straight to get the wavy look.

staringatstars

I tried braiding it today and it did a better job! Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • laurabt
    • tashalicious
    • staringatstars
Photos3
  • Josie Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist Texture Volume & Moisture.jpg
  • Alterna Summer Hair Ocean Waves Texturizing Spray.jpg
  • mighty.jpg