Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Are Kerastase Products worth it?

I'm going to be switching hair products and right now I'm looking at a couple different brands, and I'm wondering if Kerastase products are worth the price? I've heard really great things about the brand and I've got pretty finicky hair, so I figured it might be a good idea. For reference I have hair that is 2 inches longer than my shoulders, pretty dry and it's dyed red. The other brand I was looking at is Redken, and ill mention the comparable products as well. So the products I'm interested in are the following:

1. Kerastase Bain Mirroir Shampoo/ (Redken real control shampoo)

2. Chroma Reflect Milk (conditioner)/ (real control conditioner)

3. Chroma Thermique (heat protectant)/ (satinwear blowdry lotion)

4. Sublimateur jour (leave in conditioner)/ (Crema care)

I'm also going to be trying the kerastase masque. but ive already decided that.

The redken is alot cheaper but I figured with such a difficult color the Kerastase might be a good idea?

Thanks for your help =]

Anonymous Insider

I have used Kerastase products for many years, as my old...

I have used Kerastase products for many years, as my old salon was a Kerastase certified salon. I did like the in-salon rituals but I do believe that their hair products are a bit overpriced for what they actually do. I have achieved much better results with products that are much less expensive. I had my naturally dark hair dyed red and I'm sure you know but red color molecules wash out more easily than other color molectules. To protect your hair color and your strands from harsh chemical processes you may want to invest in products that are safe for color treated hair such as Living Proof Restore hair mask. It closes cuticles thus preventing color molecules from escaping. 

Re: I have used Kerastase products for many years, as my old...

Do you think LIving Proof is comparable to Kerastase? I was going back and forth between the thickening shampoos in both of these brands and ended up buying Kerastase-- but don't think I can hang with the $80+ price every couple of months (if not more).

Re: I have used Kerastase products for many years, as my old...

Living Proof shouldn’t be placed on the same shelf as Kerastase. 
It’s expensive true enough but it’s worth every penny. 
I’ve been using Kerastase for 10 years. 
I’m truly happy impressed.

Yes, absolutely worth it.  I have used Kerastase for age...

Yes, absolutely worth it. 

I have used Kerastase for ages and I still love it.  You do have to bear in mind though that it is a super expensive line of products..  and since you have long hair (mine is a bit longer than yours) and an average washing and conditioning of twice a week, it can get quite taxing on the pocket. 

I like alternating between Kerastase, Redken and Phyto. 

I did not like Bain Miroir very much but I do like Redken Real Control shampoo as well as conditioner. 

I like Chroma Reflet Milk (makes the hair really smooth) but I prefer the mask because the tips of my hair are a bit on the dry side. 

I absolutely love Chroma Thermique - I use this every time I wash my hair, and it is especially good to use with heating products - protects the hair and makes it super soft. 

Sublimateur Jour is even better.  I like using this as a daily nourishing leave in conditioner.  You can also use this on dry hair. 

I cannot comment on Satinwear blow dry lotion or Crema care.  I am not familiar with these two products. 

I hope you will like Kerastase as much as I do. 

I hope I have been helpful and good luck

🙂

Anonymous Insider

i don't have any experience with the kerastase products,...

i don't have any experience with the kerastase products, but i do know that using a color depositing conditioner will help keep the color. the loreal artec products have a great line of color depositing products and because i don't know if you're warm or cool,  they still have a rannge of red shades. if you use it   a few times a week, it will keep your color. also, another deep conditioner that's good is farouk sealer plus. i've never been that impressed with redken products.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing