infinitise

Am I the only one who has hair on the side of my face?

I haven't really noticed until I started makeup but I have hair that's about the length of my full grown (if I let them grow) on the sides of my face and it makes my skin look darker than it is..

also whenever I pluck them, I get black heads or white heads as a result. 

does this mean my skin is weird? 

should I wax them? 

When I search google for facial waxing, only upper lip situations come up..

laynebr

Re: Am I the only one who has hair on the side of my face?

It's normal everyone has peach fuzz. I usually use one of those face razors from the pic but be careful not to cut your face. It's great because it also takes off dead skin and helps products penetrate deeper and I also feel my foundation always applies much smoother. I usually do it every 2 weeks when I also wax my upper lips :smileyhappy:

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestions! 

I would think my skin care products and makeup sitting better on the skin! 

I just wish my peach fuzz be lighter in color so that I can go longer without doing something to it.. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I do, too......The one on the side of my face I don't mind TOO too much since it just make my face look naturally contoured *cough* there, now my secret is out. But the ones over my lips and on the chin I hate, half the time when I pluck I get black/white head even if I exfoliate. =(

I want to try some of the tips below, but I'm a wimp when it comes to pain, but maybe, if I'm desperate enough. @.@

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your input :smileyhappy: 

I didn't have this in highschool :smileysad: and I got so annoyed that I started plucking them (they hurt.. I get teary..) but only to end up with white and black heads like you did :smileysad: 

I'm definitely going to try all of them over the summer and hope that my skin deals with it :smileyhappy: 

rockinlaudy

I have peach fuzz all over my face and I use a product called the Bellabe Facial hair remover. You can google where to buy it.  It looks like a slinky and you roll it over your face and it pulls out all of the hairs by the root.  So you don't have to do it very often, it's like a waxing, and the good news is the more you use it the less hair that grows back.  Now for the bad news ... it is painful.  Pulling your facial hair out by the root is indeed painful.  So here's the trick ... go to the drug store and buy some Orajel.  I only need to use it on my upper lip .... the rest of my face can take it.  Rub some Orajel onto your skin, let it set for a few mins until it feels pretty numb, then rub off the gel and slinky that area.  This little device works like a charm, I have all of my girlfriends using it.  I can't live without it now.  

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Omgsh Thank you so much!! This is super helpful!! 

I didn't think hair not growing back or growing back thinner was possible but now I'm hopeful :smileyhappy: 

Leselma

I have the same problem!!!

I have hair in my whole face!! (yes, your problem could be worst, at least you only have hairs in the side of your face). I have a light skin tone and my hair is black, so...I think I'm the lost sister of Chewacca  :smileytongue:

Wax your face is not as painful as it sounds or looks like. First time of course is weird and it hurts, but if you keep doing it your skin start to handle the pain. 

I wax my face every month and a half, the hair start to gets weak and every time is more thin than before. First time, your skin will be very damaged and irritated, but nothing that some creams can't fix. I've been waxing my face since two years ago and I really feel comfortable with how my face looks after that. 

I wouldn't recommend you the shaving, because this make that the hairs grow stronger and bigger. I prefer waxing, but of course, you can make test and you'll decide what's the best for your skin and for looking prettier than you are  :smileyhappy:

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

I also have fair-light skin and the periphery of my face look so much darker than my skin because of the hairs :smileysad: 

Do you go to a particular place for waxing? or do you use a product at home? 

crazyj1

(0) Hearts

I'm blond and have a lot of peach fuzz on the sides of my face. It was never a problem when I was younger but started to thicken as I entered peri-menopause. The lady I see for facials/eyebrow waxing suggested derma-planing which she does with a single edge razor. I get it done every 4-6 weeks and haven't had any problems. The hair is not thicker or denser.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestions :smileyhappy: 

I too! never had this!! now it interferes with my makeup and couldn't hate it more than I do :smileysad: 

I haven't heard about the derma planing but I will look it up and possibly try it :smileyhappy: 

irenet

You're not alone, I have very fine hair on the sides of my cheek. Like peach fuzz. I found that my skin looks darker there so I used at home wax to remove it. I use Sally Hansen Wax Hair remover for face. It's just strips of wax in between plastic that you rub in your hands to heat it, you peel it open apply to your face and rip off. It's not as painful as I thought it would be.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestion :smileyhappy: 

I love how everyone in this community are so empathetic and willing to help :smileyhappy: 

I saw a few facial wax the other day at the drugstore but wasn't sure which one to buy or buy one at all.. 

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I have very blonde peach fuzz hair on the sides of my cheeks. I use a good quality men's disposable razor and shave it off every few weeks (it grows slow). I just use some oil on my face to help w/ the razor. I think that soft fine hair can more easily become ingrown if it is plucked. I've not had a problem w/ shaving. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestion

the addition of ingrown hair would make my life miserable... I don't understand why my peach fuzz isn't white or lighter in color :smileysad: 

I'll steal one of my brother's new razor to try if I like the results and buy one my self :smileyhappy: 

weeeeweeeeeee

Do you watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey? One of the housewives, Caroline Manzo, shaves her whole entire face every morning. I tried shaving my face too, even though I am not even that hairy, it left me soooo much smoother!

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I've never seen any of the Real Housewives shows, but I shave my face. I have tried waxing before, my skin is so sensitive that it took a lot of my skin off and left my skin red, irritated and painful. I tweeze a lot of my hairs too, but I shave my upper lip, chin, sides of my face and my neck under the chin. 

If you are going to shave, vvib, I would definitely recommend using a new razor (I steal my boyfriend's disposable razors) so you don't get razor burn. Sometimes I can't get close enough to my nose to get those little hairs, so I'll pluck them, even though it hurts like hell! 

I've never tried threading, but I might look into it as well. 

I've read that one of the reasons men usually age better on the face is because of shaving and that it exfoliates the skin. I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense to me. I usually exfoliate my face first, then shave with a shaving cream or hair conditioner. I do this once or twice a week. My "peach fuzz" is almost black and my skin is super fair.

infinitise

I actually haven't watched the show (I'm more of a CSI/24) person.. lol

because my hair is so dark, I'm scared that it might grow back thick and coarse like how eyebrows grow back thicker and coarser when you shave/pluck them :smileysad: 

did you notice anything similar happening to the facial hair? 

I've heard about both make up and skincare products applying and working better without the hair .. but I don't want to make a choice that i'll regret for the rest of my life T_T 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

plucking, threading, waxing, epilating... it's all the same: ripping the hair from the root. Which could lead to irritation since the pore is open (tiny red bumps, if you are prone to them)

If you're concerned about shaving, do a test patch :smileywink: 

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

There's no way I could do it every day. It takes me a while because I'm paranoid of shaving off an eyebrow! Lol

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

LOL, I would just shave below my eyes. But I am afraid of chopping too much of my hair line make it my hair uneven on the sides.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • ladymeag
    • lucyshnoosy