infinitise

Am I the only one who has hair on the side of my face?

I haven't really noticed until I started makeup but I have hair that's about the length of my full grown (if I let them grow) on the sides of my face and it makes my skin look darker than it is..

also whenever I pluck them, I get black heads or white heads as a result. 

does this mean my skin is weird? 

should I wax them? 

When I search google for facial waxing, only upper lip situations come up..

MsStacey1990

Re: Am I the only one who has hair on the side of my face?

(0) Hearts

Think we all have it ;P but I wax, tweeze mine I HATE hair! omg! makes me cringe at the sight of it! No your skin is not weird, its normal we all have it :smileyhappy: . Theres face shavers as well! ive used them! but waxing/tweezing helps them not grow back as fast :smileyhappy:

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I've heard about it growing back like beard if someone tries to shave them T_T 

so I'm scared :smileysad: 

Which wax do you use? 

I've been looking for facial wax but they all seem to have low rating and since its my first time trying something out, i'm being super picky and careful 

Thank you so much for your advice though :smileyhappy:

Urbie

I have peach fuzz too...it's normal.  For women, the hair is often transclucent, but some women can have darker hairs there.  There are some ladies here who wax it if it bothers them :smileyhappy:  I'm too lazy to shave my legs half the time (oops), so I just let the fuzz be. 

You can get it threaded too, esp if the hair is a little longer and darker.  It's almost always listed on the price lists at the places I go to get my brows threaded.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for your advice 

I didn't think about threading 

would it be better than waxing in terms of time before hair grow back? 

Urbie

(0) Hearts

I only get my brows done, but it lasts as long.  The added bonus of threading is that it does not pull or tear at your skin like waxing, so while the hair follicles could get irritated from having the hair ripped out (same as waxing), you don't run the risk of accidentally pulling off some skin and developing hyperpigmentation.

infinitise

Thank you :smileyhappy: I didn't know that at all 

I'm new to eyebrow shaping as well so I really had no idea (I just went to benefit brow bar every now and then) 

Urbie

(0) Hearts

No problem!  If your esthetician uses a hard wax (it sticks to the hair, but not the skin) and is skilled, you probably won't experience skin irritation, but it is really easy to accidentally take some skin off using at home wax strips.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I should probably start with going to an esthetician and then move on to home waxing:smileyhappy: 

didn't know there was different types of waxes either..... 

but Thank you :smileyhappy: 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I have peach fuzz on my cheeks and chin. It's not colored (thank goodness!) but the very-white-blonde hair bothers me. I wax because I have the same problem you do when I pluck - I get bumps, acne, or ingrowns as a result. I don't understand fully why waxing doesn't present this same problem (it's the same process, right?) 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your opinion 

I don't know why mine is the same color as my eyebrows.. its soo every annoying :smileysad: 

how do you wax them?

I've been looking for a facial wax but nothing seems to have a good rating :smileysad: and since its my first time trying waxing at home I'm kind or scared

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I go to a salon that uses beeswax. Sorry that's not really helpful for at-home use. :smileysad: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • ladymeag
    • lucyshnoosy