missfawnie

"Salty" Fragrances?

[ Edited ]

One of my main focuses lately has been to find a trio of perfumes that I can use day-in, day-out, regardless of my mood, the occasion or the season. I have already found the perfect floral scent for me, and now I am trying to look for my second scent. 

I don't know if there are any or many fragrances out there, but I'm looking for a "salty" kind of fragrance... I don't quite know how to describe what I'm looking for- hopefully you get what I mean. I want something that isn't musky, but is more on the softer, feminine but bordering on gender neutral kind of scent?

Kind of like something perfect to pair with a chunky sweater, leggings and riding boots on a relaxing day out? 

EDIT: Now that I think about it, perhaps "cozy without being overall sweet" would be a better description for what I'm looking for? 

WhereYouStand

Re: "Salty" Fragrances?

(0) Hearts

the only thing I know with a deliciously salty smell to it is not a perfume but a lip balm by Toyomilk Dark in the scent of salted caramel. it's only seven dollars which is a good price for something...anything via sephora! I own it & ironically applied it today for the first time now that I think about it. and I really like it. :smileyhappy: hope this helps.

RMOR86

(0) Hearts

Ralph Romance has a dry down that I personally think might be good for you...I wear Acqua Di Gioia everyday though. It's good for the office, weekend, or even a night out. Maybe go to Sephora and see if they will fill you up some custom samples :-)

doriangray

(0) Hearts

Dior Dune!  It's soft and womanly, casual and sexy, and it has a salt note in it like sea air.  It's a classic and I love mine.

eaugirlspirit

I strongly reccomend Thierry Mugler Womanity if you are looking for salty. This fragrance is very interesting as it has figs and an ocean air crispness about it that is fresh but savory.

upload_4847514831598832034.jpg

hydee77

(0) Hearts

That bottle is so pretty!

Rufflesandbows

(0) Hearts

You might try Clean White Woods, or Forever Red (by Bath & Body Works).  I also like Bulletproof by TokyoMilk, but that one is smoky.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I love how you described what you're looking for!  

I can't really wear perfume due to headaches/asthma so I don't have any good recs, but I wish I could and your ideas sound delicious :smileyvery-happy:!

Good luck.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

I prefer Acqua di Gioia eau freiche, IT SMELLS SO GOOD! you will not be disappointed

(I tried to reply directly to your post but it wouldn't let me)

LindaDD

(0) Hearts

I was browsing the fragrance section at Sephora the other day and one of the cast members spritzed Givenchy's Dahlia Noir on me. She told me it was her new favorite, but I wasn't very impressed because I barely smelled anything. Well, fast forward three hours and I caught of whiff of it and it was incredible. Really light and feminine and natural-smelling.

violalea

(0) Hearts

oh yeah I think I got a sample from Nordstrom and it smelled nice.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Oh, and check out Acqua di Gio Pour Homme. I want to buy this for myself!

A resolutely masculine fragrance born from the sea, the sun, the earth, and the breeze of a Mediterranean island. Transparent, aromatic, and woody in nature Aqua Di Gio Pour Homme is a contemporary expression of masculinity, in an aura of marine notes, fruits, herbs, and woods.

missfawnie

Ooh... I think I stuck a sample of that in my husband's stache. 

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that uses men's colognes at times. Sometimes, nothing seems better than a sheer spritz of a masculine scent. :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Definitely! I don't always feel like a delicate flower, so sometimes a really feminine perfume is not the best!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

In an ipsy box I got Demeter Salt Air Perfume Oil, and I think it might be something you'd like. That fresh sort of water accord, with a saltiness to it and not a lot else to distract from that. 

seff

(0) Hearts

My favorite for that is Gucci Flora. It can be expensive, but it's usually included in the Sephora Fragrance Samplers. That and Marc Jacobs Lola are my go-to fall scents

missfawnie

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried Acqua di Gioia? From the description, it's hard to tell if it's the cozy/ salty fragrance that I'm searching for, or if it will be too sweet with the peony and jasmine notes. 

doriangray

(0) Hearts

Acqua di Gioia is fresh and watery, not what I think of as a cozy cool weather scent.  It is casual and easy to wear though.

No2nicknames

(0) Hearts

Acqua di Gioia is dii-vine!  My favorite to wear of all time.  

mafan

(0) Hearts

I was thinking of Acqua di Gioia from your description.  I really like this.  I'm not sure if I think it's cozy; it's definitely fresh in my opinion and definitely not too sweet.

And definitely smell things on yourself -- to me this smells nothing like D&G's Light Blue.  I love Acqua di Gioia and I can't wear Light Blue (for some reason that smells like damp sweaters on me, I have no idea why).

seff

(0) Hearts

I love Acqua di Gioia, but I tend to use it in the spring/summer. For me it's very similar in mood to Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • hydee77
    • eaugirlspirit
    • seff
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • doriangray