dolceloure

displaying/storing large perfume collection

I'm getting ready to move in a couple of months, and while I find moving to be terribly inconvenient and annoying, the one shiny, silver lining is that I get to redecorate and reorganize all my stuff, which is just so very fun for me. :smileytongue:

Anyway, I have a collection of over 50 perfumes -- most are 1 oz bottles or smaller...but still, 50+ takes up a lot of space. Previously, I had a small glass shelf I just kept in the bathroom and I could barely fit my collection of 40 on there...and now I have even more. I was just curious about how the rest of you store/display your perfumes, particularly if you have a large collection. (and I promise not to store them in the bathroom in my next apartment; I only recently learned you're not supposed to do that! lol)

Personally, I prefer to keep my perfumes out in the open so they're easily accessible and I know what I have. Anyway, Thoughts? Suggestions? Photo examples of your collections? 

dolceloure

Re: displaying/storing large perfume collection

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! :smileyhappy:

I thought about floating shelves, but my one fear is that if it's not put together really well (and that's a strong possibility since I'm the one doing it, heh) that they'll somehow break or something and all the perfumes will come crashing down and then I'll have a conniption fit.  :smileysurprised: Any suggestion for good brands to try, something sturdy?

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Dolceloure, I've been wanting to create a pretty display for my fragrances for awhile now too!  I was looking into a mirrored or glass tray that you could keep on a dresser top.  It reminds me of something my grandma had on her very fancy vanity when I was little.  Very chic!  I found some reasonably priced, pretty trays on Amazon.com.  Definitely report back with pics when you get it set up!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

nebel

(0) Hearts

I store mine in boxes on a shelf.  Usually, they are the original boxes which I find are quite lovely- like the Tocca line.  I have entire shoeboxes full of smaller bottles and samples.

emmaclaire

I don't have a particularly large perfume collection, but my boyfriend has an extensive shot glass collection and we were kind of stumped about how to store/organize it.  Finally we came up with an idea that would work for perfume too: a floating/wall shelf!  It's actually a better idea for perfume because the bottles are always so pretty.  You can buy more unique versions too - there's a couple "wall cubes" that are really funky and would look lovely filled with different perfumes!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Don't know why, but the idea of the "extensive shot glass collection" made me chuckle! That is a good storage idea!

ChicDabbler

Lol, I was about to mention the storing in the bathroom thing.

I change my perfume according to season and outfit, so I have them displayed next to my full length mirror, BUT out of direct sunlight from the window (bad for perfume). 

It's nice to have a change of scenery sometimes, so instead of displaying all of them, I separate into winter/summer category and display accordingly based on the season. The half that I'm not displaying/using, I stow it in a drawer with stable temperature (dark, not too cold, not too hot) cuz I think perfumes last longer that way.

DeltaGammaGirl

I like to keep mine out where I can see all of them! I had cute shelves built onto my walls where they all sit! That way they are all out to where I can see each one and they are all stored cute

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • ChicDabbler
    • dolceloure
    • crayzeeRN
    • nebel
    • DeltaGammaGirl