Worst perfume?

officegal

Worst perfume?

Ever make the mistake of buying a full bottle and ended up hating it?  I like all the perfumes I've ever bought (which are about 20) except SJP's Covet.  I thought it could work and bought it super cheap somewhere, but I can't stand the smell as it gives me a headache within 20 minutes.  What's your biggest perfume mistake?

kle21

Re: Worst perfume?

Angel. Hands down. I know it's also a classic, but the smell is just so strong and heavy and there's just something about it that I cannot stand! Smells like old lady. Yes it's unique but it's awful. I find that I don't like most "classic" scents such as Chanel No. 5, YSL Opium, and Shalimar. They all smell somewhat similar. Also I really dislike Kim Kardashian's scent...too strong and cheap smelling. 

supamodell

(0) Hearts

omg...I ACTUALLY LOVE ANGEL....IT IS A DIFFERENT SMELL BUT FOR SOME REASON IT WORKS WITH MY BODY CHEMISTRY....LOL../SINCE YOU ALL HATE IT YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR BOTTLE!!!!! LOLL...:smileyvery-happy:

WHITE DIAMONDS....JOOP...POISSON....SARAH JESSICA PARKER...THE ONE MENTIONED IN PREVIOUS TEXT...

REALLY DO LIVE ANGEL THO....& #1 ESTEE LAUDER PLEASURES....SO SWEET!!!!!     

juicyglosspaige

Ugh. Thierry Mugler Angel. I thought I would like it, because I like chocolate, but it was disgustingly sweet and cloying :womantongue: SO yucky. I've since learned to stay away from sweet perfumes. Aquolina Pink Sugar is another terrible one.

ginger46

OK...this is embarrassing, but I made these bad purchases back in the early to mid 90's. I'm over 45 now and know better then to take someone's word only on a perfume. Body chemistry has everything to do with it. I purchased full bottles of several Estee Lauder perfume because my best friend wore them and they smelled great on her. In my excitement I opened all of them...and none of them worked with my own body chemistry. I couldn't wear any of them. Knowing, Beautiful and White Linen. I did the same with a perfume my mother recommended...Escape by Calvin Klein. Smelled like strong laundry detergent on me, but not on her. Best friend and Mom got the perfumes.

ssmittys

I haven't bought this, but I cannot stand the smell of Thierry Mugler "Angel"

I tried it on one time and I had the worst migrane of my life, and the smell was god awful :smileysad:

lagoclare

hmmmm, I don't own many bad perfumes, but would have to say the worst of the worst is the Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling perfumes. They are so nasty sweet! Made me gag the first time I smelled it. In fact, I'm just not a fan of celeb perfumes altogether. They should stick to being celebs and not entrepreneurs.

islandqt

I didn't buy it for myself but I hate the scent of Dolce and Gabanna;s The One perfume it smells strong and dirty!

Dior Addict is quite bad.

I also don't like Cool Water for Men, Versace's Bright Crystal.

So many others, I won't list them all

ginger46

I had to refund the D&G The One purchase I made a couple of weeks ago BEFORE I left the parking lot. It turned out that bad for me. I tried a spritz from the tester and shopped for about 45 minutes. I liked how it smelled so I purchased a 1.7 oz bottle. I walked next door and did my grocery shopping. By the time I was at the check stand I had a splitting headache and couldn't get away from The One that turned on me. It smelled like cheap, drugstore, men's cologne. Another horrid perfume purchase was a few years ago.... Brittney Spears Control from this web site. UPS smashed the box just before reaching my home and the driver knew he dropped off a box with a bottle of crushed perfume on my door step when he rang my bell and dashed off. The over whelming power of that much Brittney Control on a hot Summer day!! It even made my dog vomit! (I can only imagine how long the inside of that UPS truck smelled).  

eviekins

Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

My daughter's boyfriend's mother gave her a bottle for Christmas. It gave me a really bad headache and made me

nauseated. She had to put it on after she left the house.

pinkipinklips

once got a perfume smelled like a new jersey turnpike bathroom can't remember the name though

sweetdream

my biggest perfume mistake -Thierry Mugler " Angel"....I found it overwhelming and too strong for me,but  still ,may work for others))

Maggy

White Linen, hands down.  Smells like a public elevator.

I love L'air du Temps in the bottle, but it smells like buttered popcorn the minute it touches my skin, lol!

ngyl

Agree with Angel... I only used the sample and very glad I didn't buy it. The worst for me though is Armani Code for women. I know it must smell good on some women b/c it's popular and my niece loves it but I think it reeks.

fisheyes

Juicy Couture's new one, Peace, Love and Juicy.  It smells like Aqua Net Extra Super Hold, in the old white and pink aerosol can.  It's a very chemical-ly artificial scent.  Takes me back in time to my college and nightclubbing days.  ;-)

girlfactory

(0) Hearts

Amariage is the horrible scent for me.  Even my husband hates it. 

dpepe

My boyfriend just bought me Amarige.  He loves it!  I love it too.  I only wear it on special occasions and usually one or two squirts is all you need.  That's too bad that it didn't work for you or your husband.  It must be one of those body chemistry things where it works for some people but not all. 

evoulie

Hands down Angel by Thierry Mugler! It gives me a head ache and makes me nauseous! I hope I'm not offending anyone...but I thinks it smells like bad powder too overwhelming!

beebrunet

Defiantly red door by Elizabeth Arden... Totally old lady!

mandycasey

WHITE DIAMONDS! OR ANIS ANIS AND ALSO PALMO PICASSO..........oh goodness what were they thinking?!

mia831

WHITE DIAMONDS!

makeupmichelle

[ Edited ]

(Muglers, Angel) Agree! Nausating cherry cough syrup!, and as strong as you can get........leaves a trail a mile long. Hate it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 98 hearts
  • 73 in conversation
    • melalah
    • makeupmichelle
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • ngyl
    • katie1724