Worst perfume?

officegal

Worst perfume?

Ever make the mistake of buying a full bottle and ended up hating it?  I like all the perfumes I've ever bought (which are about 20) except SJP's Covet.  I thought it could work and bought it super cheap somewhere, but I can't stand the smell as it gives me a headache within 20 minutes.  What's your biggest perfume mistake?

blondiejess

Re: Worst perfume?

I would have to say SJP's Covet as well. I thought it was nice but after i bought it and started using it on a regular basis I relaized I really didnt like it. It now just sits on a shelf and looks pretty.

welcomingtruth

Most recently...Bvlgari Omnia Cristalline...and Kenzo Flowers...way too synthetic

thecaramelapple

Chanel NO.5 hands down, and deseo by jennifer lopez made me smell like a golden girl =000

tonsofsparkles

Definitely Kim Kardashian's perfume! It smells like a mix of grass, dirt, and manure. I sampled it at a recent makeup trial show and I could not get the smell off of my clothes! I love Kim and all, but the perfume is horrendous!

steph1126

I cant stand Chanel # 5....and anything Estee Lauder. I dont have a clue what the fragrance is but whenever I am in Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC, I  always wind up in the elevator with an old lady that has SO MUCH perfume on that it makes me physically sick....it has happened so many times and it seems to be the same smell......just awful!

peaceloveshoes

I hate Chanel No.5, and Kim Kardashian's perfume. 

fallwitch

I'm with everyone who's against Chanel No. 5.  The weird, old-lady powder smell.

elliehn

Worst perfume purchase was definitely Lolita Lempicka Fluer Defendue. The cherry-almond combo made me feel sick.

mallory87

I strongly dislke Twirl by Kate Spade. It gave me a headache in an instant

officegal

Okay, so I started this thread and said that I didn't like SJP's Covet... but now I do!  Odd how these things happen. 

jadab

Worst Perfumes Ever...

Chanel no. 5

Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto Shine

Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds

J'adore Dior

I just hate really strong or floral perfumes!

jadab

I have to add perfumes that I hate and that are also waaay overrated and those are...

Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy

Lolita Lempicka L de Lolita Lempicka

D&G literally smells like grass and lemon Pinesol! People describe it as being clean and fresh, yeah clean as in wiped down with pinesol and fresh as in fresh cut grass...bleh!:smileysad:

VLJ doesn't know what it's doing!  It isn't sweet as some say, it just smells like flowers with a tiny hint of vanilla, but not sweet...I do not like it!

L de LL is the only perfume I smelled that was audacious enough to mix black licorice and patchouli together and call it a sexy fragrance...no not at all, it's repugnant at first sniff imo!

kristin050585

The worst 2 perfumes for me are curious by britney spears and the scent from paris hilton. I really do like some of the scents mentioned. I obsolutely love sinner by kat von d and light blue by dolce and gabbana.

tinyjenny

I would have to say Red Door....but I cannot for the life of me remember who makes it????   I just think it stinks to high heaven....LOL

sass118

Elizabeth Arden Red Door, it smells like old beer....GROSS!

tenngal

Without a doubt, Chanel No. 5 and White Linen. :smileywink:

calluna13

Juicy Couture Peace Love & Juicy was horrid on me! It was soooo strong and wouldn't go away either! I thought I'd love it from the packaging, name, etc, but was very much mistaken!!! Ugh!

vickyp

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb is the worst perfume I have ever bought! I really liked the way it smelled in the bottle, but when I wore it, I immediately felt nauseated. 

natesgirl

I agree about FlowerBomb. Someone compared it to standing in a formal garden your Grandma would have. Well, my Granny has a huge flower garden, and it doesn't smell remotely similar (Thank God!). It's more like standing outside next to the dryer vent while it's on.

bmer

Okay!

Here's a list of scents I absolutely hate: very hollywood by michael kors, the kim kardashian perfume, elizabeth arden perfumes, the new juicy couture scent, and the vampire perfume they sell at walmart. I also dislike burberry brit, loved it in the bottle, but on me it smelled almost peppery and gross :smileysad: I'm sure there's many more out there as well

supertrixie

Ok, I kow we are probably  not talking about men's fragrances but I have to say the smell of old spice makes me gag! If I am sitting on the bus and some guy wearing it get on I literally have to fight the urge to vomit.  Double that if he is wearing leather. I hope it never happens to me again but I once worked at a place where one of the managers wanted to talk to me in the office with the door closed and he smelled like b.o., old spice and garlic. I don't know how I made it through that meeting without throwing up on his smelly shoes.:smileysad:

Oh yeah. feel much better now.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 98 hearts
  • 73 in conversation
    • melalah
    • makeupmichelle
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • ngyl