officegal

Worst perfume?

Ever make the mistake of buying a full bottle and ended up hating it?  I like all the perfumes I've ever bought (which are about 20) except SJP's Covet.  I thought it could work and bought it super cheap somewhere, but I can't stand the smell as it gives me a headache within 20 minutes.  What's your biggest perfume mistake?

officegal

Re: Worst perfume?

OMG, yeah, Angel reeks something awful to me as well!  I didn't understand how something that looked and sounded so ethereal could be so strong and overpowering!

broonah

(0) Hearts

I think Far Away by avon takes the cake, lol. It stinks and has that "old lady" smell

melalah

(0) Hearts

KVD Sinner I have a mini bottle of so I don't feel so bad. It's nice to look at. lol but I can't stand the way it smells on me!

I love the way Ralph smells but it gives me a bloody nose!! Can you imagine the horror? I thought it was maybe just me or the heater or the season or something but nope. I try it randomly from time to time and bam! bloody nose. It's so wrong...

Lavender reminds me of kitty litter because my sister's kitty litter is lavender scented. so I associate the two now, it's terrible. 

I also hated Dior Addict but loved Dior Addict 2! And I thought I liked shine but I tried it on the other day and freaked out trying to get it off because it smelled terrible on me!

nikitaam

I thought that I would like Kat Von D Sinner. I thought wrong! As soon as I put it on I smelled like body odor! I know a lot of people like it, but it did not work with my body chemistry. I also agree with the others regarding Channel #5.  Makes me smell like an old lady!

antoine0000

Chanel / Age ???!

(0) Hearts

No dear.... Chanel no. 5 is a classic , it cant make you smell old ! :0

Antoine

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I don't think I've ever bought a perfume I hated -- but I have certainly smelled ones that I can't stand! I abhor Dior Addict -- I know people love it, and I'm in the minority, here, but the vanilla / amber / tonka bean concoctions always get to me; I end up with a headache within minutes. In that vein, I also hated a VS body spray called Amber Romance -- my sister owned it, and I would run every time I saw her reach for the bottle.

Wait! I did buy a perfume I ended up disliking -- Tommy Girl. I think I was in early high school -- maybe 9th or 10th grade -- and I loved it at first, but now I don't know how, since it's so overpowering.

I'm with both of you on Chanel No. 5 -- I love so many of the Chanels -- Cristalle, No. 22, Gardénia -- but I don't like heavy floral aldehydes in general -- they always smell soapy and WAY too strong for me.

:smileyhappy:

glendoria

Hi everyone,

Actually I'm a huge fan of Chanel "Eau Tendre". Marc Jacobs "Daisy" and the new one from Clinique "Happy Bloom".

They are all really nice they las all day no need to re apply like 6 times a day.

Another nice ones is "Jennifer Aniston", smells great  but don't last for long maybe 30 min.

Bloomsthree

White Diamonds

Tabu

Kim Kardashians

T.M Angel

Juicy Couture

Anyone that thinks they need more than a half second squirt of anything....

I am a huge perfume lover, but irritates me to no end women who wear waaayyyyyy too much of ANYTHING. If I can smell your perfume when I am standing farther away than 5 feet from you,  or  I can still smell you five minutes after your gone..........you are wearing way too much.

officegal

(0) Hearts

I never liked the smell of Dior Addict to begin with so I could never make myself spray it to see if it would smell nicer once I put it on.  And every single VS scent is so sickly sweet that even as I enjoy it at the moment, I know will induce a headache by mid-day.

muaficionadonmd

The original Juicy Couture perfume is my least favorite. It is the epitome of a headache-inducer. 

rmv66ny

I made the mistake of buying Clinique Happy about 10 years ago, I loved it the first time I smelled it, but after about half an hour it gives me the worst headache.  Ever since then I've tried to be super careful with my scent purchases.

avagardnertwin

I have to agree, I recently purchased a perfume sampler from sephora and the juicy couture viva la juicy was part of it and I hated it along with DG the one or the rose... whatever I hate those so much :smileysad:

indulgealunatic

I know people love it & view it as a classic scent, but I hate the smell of Chanel No. 5. It smells like a combination of old lady musk and airplane bathroom. I thought it would mellow out and relax after being on my skin for a while, but my boyfriend (who is very adept at picking out scents, to the point that he considered becoming a perfumier), was repulsed by the scent. It was awful.

karbear24

(0) Hearts

totally agree. It does not smell appealing at all- I wouldnt think it would on anyone of any age!

giagia

(0) Hearts

chanel No.5 smells beautiful try CoCo chanel that is even better worst smell is Clean smells worst than anything I ever smelled. The best is Angel lasts all day.

paisleygirl76

I agree!  I feel like I'm supposed to love it as it is this timeless favorite everyone loves, but I hate it.  My husbands hates it as well...and he says I smell like his mom.  Smelling like your husband's mom is no way to come across as sexy.

pinkipinklips

(0) Hearts

I know it is supposed to be fabulous but I hate chanel no.5

officegal

Oh God, same here.  I want to love it just because it conveys that timeless classic elegance for so many women, but I can't stand it on me.

anaa

I used to wear Chanel #5 20 years ago and loved it...I put some on recently at Ulta and it smelled awful!  My daughter asked what the heck it was....

mia831

(0) Hearts

Bvlgari Notte for woman , worst powdery scent ever, smells like an old lady.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 98 hearts
  • 73 in conversation
    • melalah
    • makeupmichelle
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • ngyl
    • katie1724