What's your signature scent?

BeautyBee92

What's your signature scent?

[ Edited ]

Hello ladies!

I was thinking about perfumes and scents I really enjoy and was wondering what some of your favorite scents are! I'd love to hear what your thoughts are.

I personally am a fan of perfumes with vanilla and citrusy notes. Florals I can find enjoyable too but sometimes they can be overpowering.

Edit: Some people have been asking me what some of my favorite scents are. I don't really have a signature and find I switch it up, depending on the season and mood I'm in.

I do like:

-Clinique Happy

-DKNY Be Delicious

-G (from Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Girls line)

-So This Is Love (Sephora's Cinderella line)

-A Whole New World (Sephora's Jasmine line)

ShinyMagpie

Re: What's your signature scent?

Right now I'm alternating between D&G The One and Estee Lauder Private Collection - Tuberose Gardenia but I would really love some Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. 

bfuller

(0) Hearts

Ohhh yesss.... TOM FORD Neroli Portofino!! :heart:  Right there with ya, SM!

mityren

(0) Hearts

I think I commented on this before about my favorite,  Channel No 5.

It's been my favorite for years, it's the only super high end luxury item I buy. I don't have coach bags or any luxury brand anything except make up and bath and body items and that's just because I have super sensitive skin.

I don't have an expensive car, I have a modest house. I tend to spend my money at making memories with my family and books, lots and lots if books. Totally not knocking any one else, I don't know your life, this is just what I do. 

BUT  I am loving Le Vie De Boheme by Anna Sui. I have been reaching for it more often lately than my Chanel.

And also Turkish Rose by Demeter surprisingly. I love rose scented sheets (ok maybe I am just a little prissy (: )

and I am waiting for my rose water to come in stock so I thought I'd give it a try. Soooo good! It's not straight rise it has kinda a peppery or spicy low note to it that makes it not just wearable but kinda...Turkish??? I'm obsessed at any rate

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

I love dior jadore and fresh sugar perfumes :3 

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

Lately mine have been Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison, Jennifer Lopez Glowing (Kohl's exclusive) and Bath & Body Works Forever Red eau de parfum.

BTW I tend to favor foody/gourmand notes such as vanilla, caramel, toffee, chocolate and almond. I also enjoy soothing clean blends that contain white musk, soapy notes, lavender, etc. , I guess I'm allover the place I like what smells good :smileytongue:.

ladymeag

I tend to like masculine fragrances. My favorites are from an indie line, but the notes are: 

Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco. (Antikythera Mechanism, probably my signature, this is the one I most frequently reach for and would be heartbroken to run out of.)

amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon (Sin, probably my second-in-line.) 

Then I have seasonal favorites. 
Spring: light musk with leather, tonka, a dusting of dry woods, and a splash of porter (Captain Cully) 
Summer: coconut, tobacco and sweet, sugared rum (Elegba)
Autumn: balsams, leathers, and raw vanilla (U Mutter Museum)
Winter: soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods (Dee) or black musk, wet leather and vetiver (Iago.) 

mimibel

I used to do the signature scent thing but in the past few years I'm having more fun matching scent to my moods. Also collecting minis and omg the sampling! 

Current faves in my rotation are:

L'Heure Bleue

Shalimar

Coco Noir

Amethyst (Lalique)

Insolence shimmering EDT

Fame

Nag Champa oil

violet oil

cheap gardenia body mist

for spring/summer I'mplanning:

Après L'Ondée

Mitsouko

and maaaaybe

Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince

to sample:

Jo Malone's frags

some floral Creeds

more Aqua Allegorias

some Amouage 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Mine changes so frequently. Right now I've been wearing J'adore Voile De Parfum, which is a much lighter version of the original. It smells really soft and fresh.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
quotidianus

i'm a fragrance junkie!  have been ever since i bought my first little vial of patchouli oil at portland saturday market when i was about thirteen... i don't have one favorite, but several.  (i also still love mixing amber resin and patchouli into jojoba oil ... oh! the nostalgia.)

in no particular order (and limiting to my top five):

viktor & rolf flowerbomb

hanae mori butterfly

lolita lempicka

tom ford black orchid

chanel coco

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I tend towards scents that are reminiscent of incense but with a dash of floral. I love Harvey Prince Yogini, Jo Malone Vetyver and 154, Armani Code for Women, and Thierry Mugler Angel and Alien when I also want a little cocoa in the mix. 

PinkQ

(0) Hearts

My HG perfumes: Versace Bright Crystal, Dolce & Gabbana The One, and Guerlain Le Petite Robe Noir :x

krushxo

(0) Hearts

I do love Chanel chance fraise. It has a nice fresh scent and stays well on my skin. 

Dolce and gabana light blue is a nice smell also sorta citrusy and light but delicate but it doesn't last as well. 

puppytia

(0) Hearts

I alternate between Vera Wang's Princess, Burberry, and Marc Jacob's Daisy.  During the warm months, I just spritz on one of Bath & Body Works' body sprays.

SilveryPink

(0) Hearts

Flowerbomb, Viva La Juicy, and Yellow Diamond. I like fresh scents, and heavier, more ''addictive'' too.

MakeupJunkie666

I absolutely love KVD's sinner! Ever since I bought it I haven't stopped using it. I just discovered Escada's Cherry in the Air and I really like it, I just need to get a full size now.

SammyChan

(0) Hearts

My signature is Bright Crystal. I tried at least 50 samples of different perfumes before realizing that Versace Bright Crystal is the only one for me.

Here's my first test for determining whether a perfume is right: If I can sit in the middle of traffic in the car with radio off for an hour without being bothered by the fragrance, then it is the scent for me.

Perfumes that failed my test include but not limited to BCBGMAXAZRIA, Flowerbomb, Desire, Issey Miyake, Florabotanica, Yellow Diamond, Happy, La Vie est Belle, Narciso Rodriguez, See by Chloe, Couture La La, Hanae Mori, Romance by Ralph Lauren... etc.

beeberz

anything from Escada, loving cherry in the air right now. I also love vera wang princess. those i wear the most.

melissabt

Hi beautybee92-

Right now my go to fragrance is the Juicy Couture
Viva La Juicy! It's heavier for winter so I just spray it one or 2x, I get lots of compliments on it!

http://www.sephora.com/viva-la-juicy-P219412?skuId=1108109

<3 Melissa
michmo

(0) Hearts

My husband just bought me Coach Poppy Flower.  I like it.  However, through samples I smelled Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme and I really love it.  That will probably be the next one I buy.  I really like the raspberry note I smell in it.  

Pour Femme

In general I like feminine scents that aren't too strong, but still have some power.  I like fruity and vanilla.  

bad823

(0) Hearts

Calvin Klein Eternity.  I've worn this for years & years, still get compliments on it.

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

That was my mom's signature scent for decades, but they've reformulated it. She doesn't like it anymore :smileysad: They've cheapened the formula, apparently. She got a salesperson to admit it because her nose was too darn good! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 112 hearts
  • 126 in conversation
    • kalex
    • corrin99
    • shoddy
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • prosopon