BeautyBee92

What's your signature scent?

[ Edited ]

Hello ladies!

I was thinking about perfumes and scents I really enjoy and was wondering what some of your favorite scents are! I'd love to hear what your thoughts are.

I personally am a fan of perfumes with vanilla and citrusy notes. Florals I can find enjoyable too but sometimes they can be overpowering.

Edit: Some people have been asking me what some of my favorite scents are. I don't really have a signature and find I switch it up, depending on the season and mood I'm in.

I do like:

-Clinique Happy

-DKNY Be Delicious

-G (from Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Girls line)

-So This Is Love (Sephora's Cinderella line)

-A Whole New World (Sephora's Jasmine line)

Londonlover101

Re: What's your signature scent?

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love The body shop's mango body mist , Victoria secret pink fragrance and juicy couture

LCResz

(0) Hearts

A scent I wear that works perfectly with my chemistry and I never smell on anyone else is Womanity by Thierry Mugler. I love a lot of odd fragrances that I only wear on super special occasions, all from the Mirror Mirror collection by Mugler as well. Dis-Moi Mirior is my fave for now, but I really want to get my hands on Mirior des Majestes. Yeah, I have a fanatical fascination with Mugler fragrances!

dannyc

I think the phrase "signature scent" doesn't mean what it used to. To me it's a scent no one else has, like the kind you would get Saks & make your own custom scent. 

I have a few perfumes I love, and I really don't purchase a lot, but I don't consider any of them me "signature scent" because I smell it on other people too. 

A few of my favorites:

- Vera Wang Princess

- Fendi 

- Chanel chance (the Green)

- Fresh Sugar Lychee

- Spicebomb

- Dior Bronze

- Miss Dior

When I layer them (a light with a spice) then it becomes signature :smileywink: 

Candy357

(0) Hearts

I change them like underwear, lol

But my most favorites: Marc Jacobs Dot

Juicy Couture (all of them)

Versace Crystal

Gaga Fame

Chanel Chance

Coach Poppi

I really like trying them all.

bleuorchid21

[ Edited ]

For me, I tend to alternate between scents but I most often wear LaVanila Pure Vanilla. I almost always get complimented on it when I wear it (people tell me I smell really good).

I also like a few scents from Bath and Body Works (Twisted Peppermint, Be Enchanted, and Sweet on Paris).

Another fragrance I love that was limited edition is Harajuku Lovers G of the Sea (in the mermaid packaging). It is just a really nice summertime scent since it reminds me of the ocean. I wish you could still buy it in stores. I was hoping the new Ariel fragrance smelled like this but looking at the notes, I don't think it will.

neko333

(0) Hearts

-DKNY Be Delicious

-Fresh Sugar Lemon

I can't use very many fragrances and these don't seem to bother my migraines. I've yet to find anything else I can tolerate, I seem to do better with light fruity smells (especially citrus). I would like to try a strawberry scent but have yet to find a good one.  

chrissyatmcb

[ Edited ]

f12eb33ed42211e1ae7122000a1e86bb_7.jpgBurberry classic is my signature sent. One of my most memorable moments was when I had reunited with my long distance boyfriend (at the time) after 6 months of not seeing him, and after we hugged each other he said "you smell the same." He had always complimented me on how good i smelled when we first met, so it just made my heart melt.

rikkie

Awww, that is so sweet! I wonder if I should wear one of the perfumes I wore this summer when I get to see my husband again in the fall so I can smell the same as he remembered when I left. 

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I have slowly been adding favorite scents to my collection.  Here are my go to fragrances:

Chloe by Chloe

The Des Vignes by Caudalie

Shower Fresh by Clean

And, a scent that I used to wear when I first met my (now) husband I just found again and the smell just brings back the memories of young love (it is not purfume and not a high end brand) called Vitalizing Green Tea and Rain Water body mist By The Healing Garden.

1930sbella

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

How could I have forgotten Noa Fleur.

She Wood by Dsquared2 smells really good too,

kalex

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I wear perfumes according to my mood and the seasons.  Right now I'm wearing a lot of:

- Dior Addict Shine (Just realized this has been discontinued when I went to link it.)

- CLEAN Ultimate

http://www.sephora.com/ultimate-P58002

and

- Philosophy Amazing Grace or Pure Grace

http://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=grace&_requestid=88002

In the fall/winter my hands-down favorite is L'Artisan Tea for Two.  It was discontinued awhile ago and I will die when I run

out!

jxw200

(0) Hearts

oooo l'artisan tea for two sounds lovely. sad i missed that! 

deedjw

(0) Hearts

My signature is YSL's Opium eau de parfum,_6109111.jpg it's an old classic that I can't get enough of.  I have been wearing it for years.  Though it is too heavy to wear at work, so my go to for work is either Prada Candy or one of my Tocca rollerballs. 

brittieeee

Oh Rikkie did you used to work in fragrances at Neiman Marcus or just in an office?  That must have been a cool place to be at nontheless!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness no, I doubt they'd dream of letting an 18 year old into the fragrance counter, haha! 

There is (or was then) a call center in Dallas to take catalog orders and this was before the housing crash when everyone was kind of living large, so they opened another one in my city in Canada even though we don't get Neiman's here. If anyone asked where we were located our first response was supposed to be "the office north of Dallas" just a bit north, hahaha. It was really fun to be amazed at all the insanity of the Christmas issue for the first time ever. I think it one of the super crazy gifts was a trip into space that year.

I think we took calls for Neimans, Horchow, Bergdorf Goodman, David Yurman, Ermenegildo Zegna, errr I forget if there was anything else. One lady wanted to ship this enormous carved wooden bed ($16,000 or so I think) to Afghanistan because her daughter was getting deployed there. I had to explain that this was really not possible, eek!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Ooh, I'm enjoying reading everyone's answers. I may finally be brave enough to try Black Orchid now. I remember selling it when I was 18 taking phone orders for Neiman's, but it wasn't one we had a tester of in the office. I don't think I could have worn it then anyway, hah. 

My favorites right now

swfupload_2518020956078290031.jpg

Cartier Baiser Vole, some people say this smells powdery to them but I don't get that at all. It smells like a big bouquet of lilies in the sunshine, flowers and green leaves and freshness and life. 

swfupload_1329100516741356287.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana The One, I love the fruity opening with a burst of peach, lychee, and citrus and the lingering vanilla amber notes are lovely and feminine. 

Also, Flowerbomb, Acqua di Gioia, Juicy Couture original, Loverdose, and Tokyomilk Dark Tainted Love. Kind of all over the place with probably too much sweet fruitiness, haha. 

brittieeee

I did not find my signature scent until I was almost 24.  I spent my college years switching scents experimenting with mostly florals such as various Escadas (Rockin' Rio was LE scent of the year when I was a freshman), Lacoste Touch of PinkChanel22_w.jpg, Versace, etc.  Now, I stay with Chanel 22, and my husband won't settle for anything else either! 

Spyski

Mine has always been Ralph Lauren Romance, but to change things up a bit its been CHANEL CHANCE EAU TENDRE

swfupload_6941252304317774275.jpg"Reveals itself to be both delicate and radiant, with an intoxicatingly light, fruity trail. An unexpected mingling of grapefruit and quince meets the crispness of fresh green notes, while a trace of Jasmine Absolute lingers in the air. Gently warmed by a sheer veil of White Musk, at once, innocent and seductive."

janinebt

(0) Hearts

If there was only one perfume that I was allowed to wear for the rest of my life I think it would probably be a toss up between Juicy Couture's first fragrance or Dior's J'adore Voile de Parfum. Both just possess this captivating fragrance that works well for both evenings and during the day if you like an extra grand scent.

swfupload_3872597785789006050.jpgswfupload_5022203999483333610.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lmi82

I have 5 perfumes that I really love. I usually go for fruity florals and I've been liking perfumes with notes of honey lately.

I would have to say that Marc Jacobs DOT is my signature scent because it is the one I gravitate to the most.

Here are my other favorites:

Vera Wang Princess

Chloe Eau de Parfum

Marc Jacobs Honey

Gucci Glamorous Magnolia

crayzeeRN

My favorites are Coach Signature and Hanae Mori Butterfly!coachsignature.jpghanaemoributterfly.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 112 hearts
  • 126 in conversation
    • kalex
    • corrin99
    • shoddy
    • dannyc
    • mberteig
    • prosopon