Answer
mabango
What's the most popular chanel perfume? Thinking of trying one! Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
adorabella
Answered

In the last 10 years or so, I think that Coco Mademoiselle has been the most popular, with Chanel no. 5 being the most iconic.  They recently came out with Chanel no. 5 eau premiere, which is supposed to be an updated version of the original.  I personally like it better and ended up buying a bottle.

stepha0322
Answered

I think in the last 8 - 10 yrs it's been Coco Madamoiselle and Chance (incl. the different versions) .  I remember when Madamoiselle came out and then it seemed like most new perfumes had that same distict note, even a Jennifer Lopez one was similar.  

I just bought Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche.  I owned the original Chance as well as Madamoiselle but they just didn't work with my chemistry.  But I love the quality of Chanel, they last all day!!

:smileyhappy:

janinebt
Answered

Hi there mabango,

Dominiqu3Renee is correct! Chanel No 5 has been an vanity shelf favorite for decades! However, just because a fragrance is popular does not mean one should invest in getting a bottle. Scents are very personal and there are particular scents that just don't work for everyone. Chanel No 5 is made up of bold notes, which give it a very distinct smell.

I personally favor Chanel Chance (such a dignified and sophisticated scent) and Coco Mademoiselle (a little more playful, but it still possesses that regal scent that is often associated with Chanel fragrances).

Whimsically yours,
Janine
dominiqu3renee
Answered

Hi Mabango!

I believe that Chanel No.5 is the most popular, but I wouldn't buy a fragrance based on popularity. Fragrance can vary from person to person and a fragrance that smells good on one person won't necessarily smell good on you. I would go into Sephora and ask for samples of a few Chanel scents and try them for about a week to see which ones smell best on. I know it took me about a month before I could commit to my fragrance (Chanel Chance Eau De Toilette). I'm glad I waited though because since I was spending a good amount of money I wanted to make sure I was investing in something I would like. With that said see if you like Chanel Chance it's my personal favorite :smileyhappy: Hope that helped!

Happy Hunting!

Dominiqu3Renee

shoddy
Answered
(0) Hearts

Try No. 19 from Chanel. Better than No. 5, in my opinion.  Very classic.

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree with everything that has been said!

Chanel No. 5 is definitely a true iconic scent that is known everywhere for its glamour and classy reputation.

Lately I have been smelling Chanel Mademoiselle a LOT on women! My nose picks it up right away, it is such a light and feminine scent. 

My personal favorite is the original Chanel Chance which is a slightly stronger floral scent that lasts me for hours. You can't go wrong with a Chanel scent. Try to smell these first so you can see what you like and what lasts on your skin. Happy Shopping! :smileywink:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • shoddy
    • stepha0322
    • dianabt
    • adorabella
    • janinebt
    • dominiqu3renee
    • mabango