paigecey07

What's a good, expensive smelling perfume?

[ Edited ]

I'm looking for an expensive, but not grandmaa smelling perfume. I really like the D&G perfumes, but are there any gems I'm missing? I want to smell unique, but not weird. 

polishlover10

Re: What's a good, expensive smelling perfume?

(0) Hearts

How expensive? If you do want something upwards of 100 but really unique, you might really like Nasomatto or Andrea Maack. They're niche perfumes, so they're harder to find. No one will smell like you. They're definitely different, but they're amazing. They're made for people that are very serious about perfume that know all the notes and levels and all that. haha

poshified

(0) Hearts

Elie Saab perfume! Sephora needs to start carrying it ASAP :smileyhappy:

swfupload_7899298579285916849.jpg

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

A really good perfume is Thierry Mugliers Alien! it smells so unique and expensive to me, i've truthfully never smelled anything like it, you can also buy a refillable bottle from sephora :smileyhappy:

DeltaGammaGirl

(0) Hearts

I would recommend Miss Dior Cherie for you. It is my absolute. It smells classy and feminine. It definitely has a more "expensive" scent to it haha. It is amazing and has been my signature scent for years! I'm 21 years old and it is absolutely a wonderful fragrance. The bottle is even adorable!

ellevee09

this past June I received a Cartier perfume. I never really checked it out before but now it's my signature scent (up to now). It is pricey but well well worth it. Plus it last all day!! :smileywink: When you visit Sephora try and get a sample.

Cartier - Baiser Volé Eau de Toilette

mysignaturescent.jpg

trucie

Chloe Eau de Parfum, definitely

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I agree scents like Armani Code smell so good and I also love Chanel tender and Chanel Eau So fresh these are some of the best!

voxover

(0) Hearts

I have to second lolo on Chance--it's so lovely! I also really like Hanae Mori's Butterfly (one of the versions of it, at least). Daisy and Dot by Marc Jacobs are also new favorites. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

To be honest, there's not much to work with aside from knowing you want a higher price point fragrance. Aside from wanting to smell "unique", give us some specifics and details as to your likes, personality types, and wants.

What may be "unique" to you might not be "unique" to me and vise versa. 

Which D&G fragrances do you like? Are you wanting something along those lines? You mention below liking musky scents, are there any other specifics you enjoy or scents you prefer?

A higher price point doesn't automatically equate to a perfume being better or top notch. How a perfume develops on you won't be the same for the next person, so it's not difficult for a scent to "change" on you, allowing you to give your own spin to it.

Bond No. 9 New York Amber is a very warm, rich scent with mustk, sandalwood, amber, nutmeg, an saffron. This is a heavier scent with a lot of body, there's nothing light, airy, or flowery about it. It's bold and a very sensual scent. For reference, this scent retails for $260 for a 50 ml bottle.

Tom Ford's Black Orchid is a sultry scent combining spicy florals, rich woods, with senual florals like orchid, jasmine, black gardenia, and ylang-ylang. This scent, like the Amber is a nice, long lasting scent as how many of the notes are warmer. The 1.7 oz retails for $110.

paigecey07

(0) Hearts

When I say expensive I don't mean price wise really, more like not cheap smelling. It might just be me but some things just smell more expensive then others. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Gotcha, the clarification totally helped! :smileyhappy:

Keeping to the below tidbit of you like musky, almost masculine-like scents, check out:

Narciso Rodriguez For Her Music Collection:

swfupload_2204896604415601076.jpg

It combines florals like jasmine and orange blossom to keep a balanced note where it's not like a bouquet, but also adds ylang-ylang (a more abstract and unique floral note) with musk.

Cartier made a unisex fragranced called Eau de Catier Essence de Bois that opens with fresh, woody notes with zesty fruit such as bergamont and yuzu (a Japanese orange), but also soft, woody florals like violet and lavender. The notes of oud, musk, and ambergris give this scent a warmer cool down and helps the scent transform and touch base on a variety of senses. Ambergris is actually a hard to find ingredient in the fragrance world due to it's rarity and extreme value. It's highly sought after in the fragrance world and greatly revered.

swfupload_270685216121625183.jpg

FloriaValery

(0) Hearts

The Kat Von Dee perfumes are SO nice.  I have both "Sinner" and "Adora."  I wear them all the time...they don't last long, but to me the scent is totally worth it.

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ah Adora smells so unique! I love it!! I have two full bottles and a Rollerball! Too bad it's not available anymore

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I plan on purchasing Gucci Flora in Glorious Mandarin on the 12th. I have a sample of it and I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear it. All of the Gucci Flora ones are good, but the Mandarin is by far the most unique IMO.

Hope you find something good! :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

Prada Candy smells soooo good

paigecey07

(0) Hearts

I really like musky, almost manly (probably because boys smell so **bleep** good) scents 

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

I agree, I like the more masculine scents too :smileywink:

My favorite more expensive scent is Armani Code.

http://www.sephora.com/armani-code-pour-femme-P144212?skuId=912352

viviene23

(0) Hearts

It depends on which basenotes you prefer, mine is vanilla although I like citrus and floral too. For reference, in D&G, my favorite is Pour Femme and The One. For expensive smelling, you can't go wrong with Chanel, I like Chance Eau Tendre. Try  Dior Addict, Jimmy Choo Flash (now available in sephora),Tocca Stella and Tocca Graciella. I also second LCResz on Prada Candy and Tom Ford Violet Blonde. Check them out...Hope you find your perfect scent :-)

lolo01

Chanel Chance is timeless....

Micheal Kors- Very Hollywood

viviene23

Another yay for MK Very Hollywood...are they still available in sephora? It's hard to find now :-( I thought it was getting phased out so I went to Nordstrom rack and hoarded a few bottles!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • polishlover10
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • annonymous1
    • poshified
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4