Manda

What is your signature perfume?

Mine is Dior J'Adore.  It actually smells amazing on me.  Very light and flowery.

tinkerbug

Re: What is your signature perfume?

Amazing Grace by Philosophy!

ahighromance

this is my first time posting, so if i do something wrong, please forgive me.  :smileyhappy:

my scent of the day definitely depends on my mood. 

for the most part, i'm a d&g "light blue" girl.  unfortunately the scent reminds me of a past romance, so i'm currently looking for a new standby.  i just ordered "womanity", so i'm crossing my fingers that it's my new "go to" scent. 

i definitely wear "alien" when I'm feeling sexy. 

& I have an "I need to feel pretty" scent which is actually from black phoenix alchemy lab, "new orleans". 

previous perfumes I've tried & discarded:

gold by donna karen

hypnose by lancome (which i still think smells delicious, but again i associate it with a different time in my life)

miami glow by j.lo

kaitm89

I've been wearing Ralph Lauren's RALPH since I was 13.  I'll be 22 in a few months, and it still smells sweet and cute, but far from overdone!  I recently receieved Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb as a gift.  It's way different, as it's a sweet/spicy floral, but it's a gorgeous scent!

banane

My signature scent changes from season to season.  Currently it's Burberry Brit, but as it gets colder I'll go back to Dior Hypnotic Poison.

Manda

Thank you all for sharing!

myra2

Juicy A La juicy. Only perfume to get compliments on, used it for two yrs. Asking for designer bottle this yr for Xmas.
glendoria

I use Daisy by Marc Jacobs! !:smileyhappy:

lunaalice

I think I found one! I just got some as a sample. It's Chloe (it's floral with a hint of spicy!) It's feminine but sexy. I've already gotten compliments on how good I smell. :smileywink:

artemisgem

My signature fragrance can change with my mood, and I like to try a lot of different fragrances. Most often, I use certain perfumes for certain occasions:

For Special occasions: Guerlain "Shalimar"--iris, rose, vanilla bergamot

For Work Everyday: KenzoAmour "Indian Holi" --cherry blossom, incense, red berries, sandalwood

For Dates: Guess "Seductive"--Obidaum, black currant, bergamot

For casual or outdoor occasions: Burrberry Classic--peach, apple, jasmine, cedar

These 4 have never let me down, and I've gotten compliments on all of them! :smileyhappy:

jennynync

Artemis Gem--I love your picks!  I personally have worn and love Kenzo Amour Indian Holi".  It's unique and very exotic.

I've never heard of Guess "Seduction," but I hope I can sample it somehow when I find it.

As for me,  I second that it depends on the place, or my mood, or the season...and my age.

When I was younger, I went for the more airy, fresh scents like Kenzo Parfum d'ete, Eau de Givenchy, etc.

Now that I'm in my early 40s, I find I like more lush, more striking scents.  My current faves are:

Dior Miss Cherie (I love the staying power and how sweet but strong and stylish it is)

YSL Cinema: this one is hard to find, but I have gotten compliments on it every time I wear it.

I think the Miss Cherie is better for daytime wear and during warmer months. You can smell the "popcorn" that is listed as one of the notes, but it blends in nicely and makes for a really creative "bouquet."  The YSL Cinema is a slightly stronger statement scent and more sophisticiated and sexy.  I wish it was easier to find/purchase!

shoddy

(0) Hearts

Just wanted to say I second Kenzo's Perfume d'ete as a signature perfume.  I had forgotten about that perfume for a while but I wore it in my late 20's and loved it!  Thanks, jennynync for reminding me of this scent!

tori331

(0) Hearts

absolutley fresh sugar and lychee rollerball

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I didn't exactly have a signature scent before, but I believe, with the help of my boyfriend, I have discovered it: Daisy by Marc Jacobs.  Love this scent!

galfriend40

I adore Angel and Angel Violet. It lasts all day and actually smells better, softer as the day progresses.  Another wonderful fragrance is Eau du Cartier. Again, will last all day, does not smell heavy when applying, and I get more compliments on these particular fragrances.  The hair mist from Angel is SOO nice.  The great thing about the Angel line is that when you apply the lotion, creme, shower gel, etc..., it lasts, making it not only pleasant but economical.  Times may be tough, but a girl has to smell good!:smileyhappy:

Manda

Very nice, everyone!  Keep them coming!

katimae

[ Edited ]

I just tried (from the sample bag) Jean Paul Gaultier's "classique" X Collection and think I really like it.  Although I just put it on and it hasn't quite settled all the way in yet.  But it's original smell was very much like black pepper and woodsy.  I have to be so careful because of my migraines, we'll just see how the day goes.

Manda

That is the best way to test it.  Try it on at t he stores and wear it for a whole day. ;D

beebrunet

Mine is aquolinas pink sugar. I LOVE it!!! It is so sweet and I get SOOO many compliments on it! I will never buy a different perfume! :smileyhappy:

hittingpan

[ Edited ]

Mine is Issey Miyake. Another staple is D&G Blue.

pretty21kitty

I love BiJan! :smileyhappy: But it is hard to find. Most of the time I go to E-bay to find it.:smileysad: Why do ya'll not carry BiJan?

tyler5055

sephora pure grace

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 175 replies
  • 213 hearts
  • 143 in conversation
    • mangosong
    • shoddy
    • leilla