staringatstars

What is a good perfume for a 19 year old in college?

Something more refined

kd006

Re: What is a good perfume for a 19 year old in college?

I agree with everyone else. Scents are hard to recommend.

But, I love the DKNY golden delicious perfume. It smells amazing. I get compliments on it almost every time I wear it. The green apple one is also very good. I love them both. I also love one of the aerie scents, sheer. It doesn't last very long but it smells heavenly. If you're looking for something a little stronger, then the coach signature scent is very nice. A little goes a long way and it lasts all day. Another great light scent is Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue. That one is also not very long lasting but it smells so good.

For the wintertime, I love to use DKNY pure. The one with the gold top. It smells more like vanilla and I prefer that for a winter scent since it has more of a comforting scent to it.

staringatstars

I currently own Light Blue and I really like the freshness of the scent. I'll have to try the DKNY perfume...a lot of people rave about it! I guess, for me, I want a scent that isn't too teeny.  I look like a high schooler but I want to give off a more mature vibe since I'm a junior in college.    

kd006

It definitely isn't a teeny scent. I am also a junior in college and I wear it daily. It just smells light and fresh and clean. It lasts all day and just smells amazing. Fruity but not too fruity. Just a great scent overall.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i wear the DKNY gold one, its better then the original at least to me, plus i don't think its that expensive i think its like $50? which isent bad for a perfume

kd006

(0) Hearts

Yeah for a perfume that is a very good price. I also love the packaging. That it's in the shape of an apple lol. It's cute.

annonymous1

i also agree with @Nebel, everyone is different and some perfumes smell different with your body chemistry you should actually try it on your own, but at sephora if you ask they'll make you a little sample of any one you like, 

but personally i am 19, and i also had this problem, i ended up settling with Marc Jacobs Daisy So fresh, its so clean and floral it just smells amazing to me i do recommend it. 

but i also have grown really fond of Alien by Theirry Muggler, its very unique and kind of fruity to me but it does have good staying power. 

also, the DKNY very delicious gold is good, it smells like apples and it does last a really long time. 

hope this helps :smileyhappy: 

nebel

I think perfume is a very personal thing. Because each of us has a different body chemistry, the same scent can smell very different on two different people, so it is hard to just recommend specific scents.

I would go to Sephora and try scents from the Tocca line. Their perfumes are wonderful, and certainly refined and glamouous! I think you will find something that you like and works great on you. My personal favorite is Cleopatra.  Good luck! let us know what you choose!

staringatstars

And I have been trying out the Tocca Cleopatra since I got a sample of it.  I like it as well!

staringatstars

(0) Hearts

I was thinking about Marchesa parfum d'extase and I've tried it.  I'm just worried about how long it lasts because I heard that it doesn't last for a long time.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • annonymous1
    • nebel
    • kd006
    • staringatstars