Answer
cleocorky
Accepted Solution
What fragrance appeals the most to men?

I always seem to pick fragrances that most guys don't find appealing. What fragrances do men find the sexiest and most irresistable? If anyone has any suggestions--I want to hear them! Thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
artemisgem
Answered

Well, that is certainly the age-old question! :smileyvery-happy: Since the answer is going to vary greatly from guy to guy, I thought I'd put together a little guide for what kind of scents appeal to different kinds of guys, some examples of these scents that I personally like and/or have received compliments from men on and the topnotes of these scents. Also, I've provided links to the Sephora product pages:

For Down-to-earth guys that are nice and unpretentious: I would recommend fresh and clean scents. Here are a few:

DKNY Pure: vanilla, sandalwood and soft florals (Link)

Thierry Mugler Womanity: Fig, sea salt, citrus and mossy woods (Link)

Armani Acqua di Gioia: Lemon, Jasmine, Mint, Peony (Link)

For outdoorsy guys who love to go camping/hiking/fishing, I would recommend woody scents:

Burberry Classic: peach, black currant, jasmine, cedar (Link)

Gucci by Gucci eau de parfum: guava, pear, honey, patchouli (Link)

Versace Crystal Noir: plum, amber, gardenia, cedar (not sold by Sephora, but available on Ulta)

For Adventurous, daring guys who like a taste of the exotic: I would recommend exotic and oriental scents:

Guerlain Shalimar: bergamot, jasmine, rose, iris (Link)

KenzoAmour Indian Holi: cherry blossom, incense, rose, red berries, rice steam, sandalwood (Link)

Calvin Klein Obsession: mandarin, bergamor, jasmine, orange blossom, amber (Link)

D & G No. 10 La Roue de la Fortune: pinapple, tuberose, pink pepper, patchouli (Link)

For Successful, sophisticated and clasically masculine guys who like ultra-feminine women: I recommend floral scents:

Calvin Klein Euphoria: pomegranate, black orchid, lotus blossum, persimmon (Link)

Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret:  cranberry, white peony, sambac jasmine, white musk (Link)

D & G No. 18 La Lune: apple, lily, bergamot, tuberose (Link)

Burberry London: clementine, honeysuckle, tiare flower, jasmine, peony (Link)

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne: blackberry, damask rose, sandalwood (Link)

For Sweet, Considerate guys who make good friends and good listeners: I recommend sweet and fruity scents:

Gucci Guilty: mandarin, peach, pink pepper, patchouli (Link)

D & G No. 3 L'Imperatrice: kiwi, red currant, watermelon, jasmine, rhubarb, grapefruit wood (Link)

Benefit Cosmetics So Hooked on Carmella: Lemon, grapefruit, peony, vanilla, sandalwood (Link)

DKNY Be Delicious: apple, cucumber, grapefruit, magnolia, tuberose, white amber (Link)

I'm a bit of a fragrance junkie and I'm constantly trying new scents. I've personally worn all of these scents that I've recommended here and can vouch that they are all unique blends that are of good quality and frequently draw compliments. I hope all of this helps you--good luck in your search for the fragrance most irresistable to men! :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • officegal
    • shoddy
    • prettyinpa
    • dpepe
    • 6aad0801
    • ran8
    • artemisgem
    • cleocorky