Answer
cleocorky
Accepted Solution
What fragrance appeals the most to men?

I always seem to pick fragrances that most guys don't find appealing. What fragrances do men find the sexiest and most irresistable? If anyone has any suggestions--I want to hear them! Thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
artemisgem
Answered

Well, that is certainly the age-old question! :smileyvery-happy: Since the answer is going to vary greatly from guy to guy, I thought I'd put together a little guide for what kind of scents appeal to different kinds of guys, some examples of these scents that I personally like and/or have received compliments from men on and the topnotes of these scents. Also, I've provided links to the Sephora product pages:

For Down-to-earth guys that are nice and unpretentious: I would recommend fresh and clean scents. Here are a few:

DKNY Pure: vanilla, sandalwood and soft florals (Link)

Thierry Mugler Womanity: Fig, sea salt, citrus and mossy woods (Link)

Armani Acqua di Gioia: Lemon, Jasmine, Mint, Peony (Link)

For outdoorsy guys who love to go camping/hiking/fishing, I would recommend woody scents:

Burberry Classic: peach, black currant, jasmine, cedar (Link)

Gucci by Gucci eau de parfum: guava, pear, honey, patchouli (Link)

Versace Crystal Noir: plum, amber, gardenia, cedar (not sold by Sephora, but available on Ulta)

For Adventurous, daring guys who like a taste of the exotic: I would recommend exotic and oriental scents:

Guerlain Shalimar: bergamot, jasmine, rose, iris (Link)

KenzoAmour Indian Holi: cherry blossom, incense, rose, red berries, rice steam, sandalwood (Link)

Calvin Klein Obsession: mandarin, bergamor, jasmine, orange blossom, amber (Link)

D & G No. 10 La Roue de la Fortune: pinapple, tuberose, pink pepper, patchouli (Link)

For Successful, sophisticated and clasically masculine guys who like ultra-feminine women: I recommend floral scents:

Calvin Klein Euphoria: pomegranate, black orchid, lotus blossum, persimmon (Link)

Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret:  cranberry, white peony, sambac jasmine, white musk (Link)

D & G No. 18 La Lune: apple, lily, bergamot, tuberose (Link)

Burberry London: clementine, honeysuckle, tiare flower, jasmine, peony (Link)

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne: blackberry, damask rose, sandalwood (Link)

For Sweet, Considerate guys who make good friends and good listeners: I recommend sweet and fruity scents:

Gucci Guilty: mandarin, peach, pink pepper, patchouli (Link)

D & G No. 3 L'Imperatrice: kiwi, red currant, watermelon, jasmine, rhubarb, grapefruit wood (Link)

Benefit Cosmetics So Hooked on Carmella: Lemon, grapefruit, peony, vanilla, sandalwood (Link)

DKNY Be Delicious: apple, cucumber, grapefruit, magnolia, tuberose, white amber (Link)

I'm a bit of a fragrance junkie and I'm constantly trying new scents. I've personally worn all of these scents that I've recommended here and can vouch that they are all unique blends that are of good quality and frequently draw compliments. I hope all of this helps you--good luck in your search for the fragrance most irresistable to men! :smileyhappy:

Answers: 7
tacolicious
Answered
(0) Hearts

I use aussie shampoos that have a tropical scent. They smelled GREAT, so i started using tropical body mists, and guys LOVE THEM! I get so many compliments!!! if your not interested in tropical flavors, try something that you can pair with your favorite hair products to create a signiture scent of your own.

ran8
Answered
(0) Hearts

Whatever you feel confident in honestly.  It should compliment your natural smell (everyone has it but some are more noticeable in others, especially guys).  That's why some scents can end up smelling rancid on than it did in the bottle. 

Don't use too much.  Fragrance should be a nice hint, not overwhelming the entire room with it. 

And guys have different opinions on what notes they find sexy.  Trust me they don't really care unless you're doing the above.  Could always be gutsy and ask them what they like too if you really want to know.  It's probably going to be a typical guy answer.  XD

Parisienne is quite flirty and fun.  Hanae Mori is also quite pleasant.  Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue is a fun summery scent which isn't as intimidating.

officegal
Answered
(0) Hearts

Why do you say that guys don't find your fragrance appealing? Did someone say that or is it because they're not complimenting you? I wouldn't pick something based on what others think. You have to be happy with how you smell since you're the one wearing it all day long. A fragrance should lift your spirits and make you feel happy, calm, powerful, sexy... whatever you want to be. Don't worry about compliments - they'll come when you find the perfume that melds well with your body chemistry and you strut down the sidewalk with a confident smile. :smileywink: Takes a while to experiment and figure out what smells best on you but keep sampling and don't give up.

As much as we'd like to generalize about what "men like", they're individuals like us and will vary from guy to guy.

prettyinpa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I second D&G Light Blue, it is one of the top selling fragrances, must be because it is so appealing!

dpepe
Answered
(0) Hearts

My guy just bought me the new Victoria Secret scent--Heavenly Forever.  It's really wonderful and I love wearing it.  It has some amber in it.  Whenever I wear any fragrance with an amber scent to it, most guys compliment me.  Another one, is Viva La Juicy.  My guy also loved Amariage.  It's an older scent and you only need a little but he loves that.  Good luck!

6aad0801
Answered
(0) Hearts

If Tenngal was here she would likely say Victoria Secret's Love Spell and I would have to agree.

shoddy
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey there! From my experience, most of the men I know absolutely hate anything too strong-smelling. You know the type of fragrance I am talking about, the kind that assaults  your senses the minute a person walks in the room and then punches you in the nose for five minutes after they leave.   Ha. I would second office gal's opinion of each man having their own idea of what smells nice like we do.  Each girl I know likes a certain type of scent, and so it would stand to reason that each guy would too.  Just use what makes you happy: my suggestion: something that not everyone wears.  Sniff around and sample any fragrances you can (Sephora stores are great for this) but also boutiques, malls, and cosmetic counters to see what you like and what works well with your chemistry.

Also, just as a side note, I read on this website, http://www.livescience.com/10457-smell.html that men are not able to smell as well as women...might want to keep this in mind when selecting a fragrance, makes more sense to find one you like instead of what you think a man might enjoy.  

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • officegal
    • shoddy
    • prettyinpa
    • dpepe
    • 6aad0801
    • ran8
    • artemisgem
    • cleocorky