Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are your favorite SPRING Fragrances ?

i remembered that last autumn we had a 'what are you favorite fall fragrances' thread so i thought, with march right around the corner, a favorite spring fragrances could be fun.

to be clear, i don't exclusively wear fragrances that are considered seasonally appropriate. but some days i crave it ! and the older i get the more in tune i am with this, as well.

florals come to mind for spring, but for me it's when the earthy dirt/green scents reign supreme (though vetivers/citrus concoctions or gardenia don't really pop up until summer for me). my list will have both !

1. TOCCA - colette. this is more of a late winter / early spring fragrance for me. the way this smells, to me, is the way a grey February / march day looks. it's cozy but on the edge of blooming. so i'd feel remiss to not add it here.
  2. DIPTYQUE - philosykos. the ultimate fig green scent. not jammy, fruity or tangy, but more suggestive of leaves after a fresh rain in the warmer air. in my top 3 favorite fragrances of ever.
  3. DEMETER - tomato. smells of a wet green garden. it reads tomato leaf more than tomato to me, though both are there. green and earthy, the tomato itself gives it a bit of 'bounce'. (special shout out to DEMETER 'new leaf' which i like to mix it with). an under appreciated fragrance note, it melts into the skin, and smells fresh while not at all soapy.
  4. ISSEY MIYAKE l'eau d'issey. the classic anti-angel (mugler) from the 90s, designed to smell of water. fresh white florals that are in no way cloying. if anyone is ever interested in training to nose to like florals (rather than simply smell their mom / grandma when they smell them), this is one i recommend to start the ball rolling. 
  5. KEROSENE - pretty machine. kerosene fragrances are not for everyone; what i've found is that while most are rather unique, they're not particularly complex, really, which makes them very polarizing (some many people love them because they're very accessible and pleasurable, while a seasoned perfumehead may be craving much more). but i love pretty machine. it's a jasmine bomb which manages to be fun and punky rather than demure and sweet. it basically screams "YEAH I'M A GIRL, DON'T F WITH ME".

i'll add more below as and if i think of them. special shoutout to COMMODITY moss (i don't own it--the longevity on me keeps me from purchasing; but i do tend to hoard samples of it)

RE: What are your favorite SPRING Fragrances ?

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream is my go-to perfume in all seasons, but its wisteria and white woods notes really stand out for me in springtime! Nest Citrine is a great spring option if you love fresh scents with strong lotus/floral notes, as it stays with you all day.

Re: What are your favorite SPRING Fragrances ?

Bringing this back as Spring is approaching (at least it is for me in South Texas) -

Right now, it's Jo Malone Wild Bluebell and Diptyque Philosykos EDT.

I love Marc Jacob's Daisy Dream and Roses et Reines by L'Occitane 

jemly wrote:

i remembered that last autumn we had a 'what are you favorite fall fragrances' thread so i thought, with march right around the corner, a favorite spring fragrances could be fun.

to be clear, i don't exclusively wear fragrances that are considered seasonally appropriate. but some days i crave it ! and the older i get the more in tune i am with this, as well.

florals come to mind for spring, but for me it's when the earthy dirt/green scents reign supreme (though vetivers/citrus concoctions or gardenia don't really pop up until summer for me). my list will have both !

1. TOCCA - colette. this is more of a late winter / early spring fragrance for me. the way this smells, to me, is the way a grey February / march day looks. it's cozy but on the edge of blooming. so i'd feel remiss to not add it here.
  2. DIPTYQUE - philosykos. the ultimate fig green scent. not jammy, fruity or tangy, but more suggestive of leaves after a fresh rain in the warmer air. in my top 3 favorite fragrances of ever.
  3. DEMETER - tomato. smells of a wet green garden. it reads tomato leaf more than tomato to me, though both are there. green and earthy, the tomato itself gives it a bit of 'bounce'. (special shout out to DEMETER 'new leaf' which i like to mix it with). an under appreciated fragrance note, it melts into the skin, and smells fresh while not at all soapy.
  4. ISSEY MIYAKE l'eau d'issey. the classic anti-angel (mugler) from the 90s, designed to smell of water. fresh white florals that are in no way cloying. if anyone is ever interested in training to nose to like florals (rather than simply smell their mom / grandma when they smell them), this is one i recommend to start the ball rolling. 
  5. KEROSENE - pretty machine. kerosene fragrances are not for everyone; what i've found is that while most are rather unique, they're not particularly complex, really, which makes them very polarizing (some many people love them because they're very accessible and pleasurable, while a seasoned perfumehead may be craving much more). but i love pretty machine. it's a jasmine bomb which manages to be fun and punky rather than demure and sweet. it basically screams "YEAH I'M A GIRL, DON'T F WITH ME".

i'll add more below as and if i think of them. special shoutout to COMMODITY moss (i don't own it--the longevity on me keeps me from purchasing; but i do tend to hoard samples of it)

jemly wrote:

jemly wrote:

I find myself grabbing Juicy Couture Viva la juicy le Fleur more in the spring. Also MMM Lazy Sunday Morning is becoming a fast favorite. 

I remember passing over 4160 Tuesdays' Ealing Green awhile back - it was entirely linear and not for me in the colder months... but it's a lovely herbaceous scent for the spring.

My all time favorite spring/summer fragrance is Angel Sunessence Ocean D'Argent, which Thierry Mugler refuses to make anymore.  It was a summer flanker that smelled amazing and better than any of his others that are so overpowering they are unwearable.

I don't like perfumes that come into the room before you do, and that are so strong, you want to just gag.

Well Angel Sunessence Ocean D'Argent was the best perfume that man ever came out with, and he refuses to bring it back.. Oh well, none of his other perfumes are for me, or for that matter, most of my friends.

They are overbearing, CAN NOT be worn in the summer, and the scent of patchouli is overwhelming.  When he brings back the best scent he ever made, I will continue to be a customer, until then, I don't like anything else in his line.

It finally feels like spring where I live, and I swapped out all of my winter & transition fragrances to my usual line up:

Jo Malone Red Roses is probably my favourite spring fragrance. in my opinion, the truest, most perfect rose fragrance. If I just want to smell like a vase of red roses, I use this. I wish it came in a EDP format.

@k617 I keep meaning to pick up a bottle of Red Roses for my collection; it's one of my favourites as well 🙂 I just realized that there are quite a few JM scents I've been thinking of picking up for spring/summer.

But for right now I've been sticking with L'Ombre dans l'Eau when it's warmer. I've kept some of my winter scents in rotation for the few colder days we're still getting here.

I recently bought the Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Perfume and it smells sooo good. It's more summer than spring but since I live in Miami spring is more an idea than an actual season. I'm not for very floral scents I also recently found the Clean Summer Trio and really enjoy how fresh they are.

I'm really liking MMM Dancing on the Moon right now, but I also LOVE Commodity Moss and L'eau D'Issey for spring

Hi @malday, so glad to hear that you love Moss! Have you tried any of our other fragrances? We'd love to hear your opinion!

How would you describe Dancing on the Moon Malady?  I'm intrigued but all the descriptions are either too whimsical or technical for me to comprehend.  

That one's honestly a little hard for me to describe. It's a little floral, a little sweet, but subtle and soft and not cloying. I had to buy a sample online because I never get the darn thing when I pick it in my Sephora orders 

Ok that does sound lovely.

@michelleshops i've not heard anyone else compare these two, but it really reminds me of bobbi brown beach. not, like, a dupe. but the jasmine note is so similar, plus the beachy salt-watery sand of 'beach' and the general so-called 'minerality' of dotm play with the jasmine similarly. i like it too, but you must like jasmine to get along with it !

@malday i'll always have a soft spot for l'eau d'issey. 

I agree with this! Lots of beach + minerality. I like it and would purchase if i didn't have other ones i like better in the salty-beachy range. (Hermes Eau des Merveilles, Diptyque Florabellio, TDC Sel de Vetiver)

Wow, that actually makes sense to me.  Now I'm really intrigued!

Also, @jemly!!!!!!!!! 

Image result for seinfeld gif

LLPath.jpg

My favourite spring fragrance - hands up - is Aerin, "Lilac Path".  I feel like that is a scent that doesn't smell LIKE spring, it IS spring! : ) And it looks so pretty on my dresser - love the bottle.  Spritzing on Lilac Path is like putting your nose into a bunch of freshly bloomed lilac branches and inhaling deeply.

The aerin bottles are so visually pleasing to me.. I don't know what it is about them but I love to look at them...

and I don't even wear perfume!

@InsomniacmuffinMe too! : ) I love the look of these bottles - so pretty with the gemstones at the top.   I think these are some of the prettiest bottle and I even keep the boxes to store little things because I think the patterns on them are so pretty.  These are the only perfume boxes I keep to store things in... Conversely I think that the Derek Lam line has some of the ugliest bottles - those weird white plastic tubes with a weirdly different coloured juices... Me not like...

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 4-26-2017 12-46-18 PM.jpg
  • LLPath.jpg
testing