Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are your favorite SPRING Fragrances ?

i remembered that last autumn we had a 'what are you favorite fall fragrances' thread so i thought, with march right around the corner, a favorite spring fragrances could be fun.

to be clear, i don't exclusively wear fragrances that are considered seasonally appropriate. but some days i crave it ! and the older i get the more in tune i am with this, as well.

florals come to mind for spring, but for me it's when the earthy dirt/green scents reign supreme (though vetivers/citrus concoctions or gardenia don't really pop up until summer for me). my list will have both !

1. TOCCA - colette. this is more of a late winter / early spring fragrance for me. the way this smells, to me, is the way a grey February / march day looks. it's cozy but on the edge of blooming. so i'd feel remiss to not add it here.
  2. DIPTYQUE - philosykos. the ultimate fig green scent. not jammy, fruity or tangy, but more suggestive of leaves after a fresh rain in the warmer air. in my top 3 favorite fragrances of ever.
  3. DEMETER - tomato. smells of a wet green garden. it reads tomato leaf more than tomato to me, though both are there. green and earthy, the tomato itself gives it a bit of 'bounce'. (special shout out to DEMETER 'new leaf' which i like to mix it with). an under appreciated fragrance note, it melts into the skin, and smells fresh while not at all soapy.
  4. ISSEY MIYAKE l'eau d'issey. the classic anti-angel (mugler) from the 90s, designed to smell of water. fresh white florals that are in no way cloying. if anyone is ever interested in training to nose to like florals (rather than simply smell their mom / grandma when they smell them), this is one i recommend to start the ball rolling. 
  5. KEROSENE - pretty machine. kerosene fragrances are not for everyone; what i've found is that while most are rather unique, they're not particularly complex, really, which makes them very polarizing (some many people love them because they're very accessible and pleasurable, while a seasoned perfumehead may be craving much more). but i love pretty machine. it's a jasmine bomb which manages to be fun and punky rather than demure and sweet. it basically screams "YEAH I'M A GIRL, DON'T F WITH ME".

i'll add more below as and if i think of them. special shoutout to COMMODITY moss (i don't own it--the longevity on me keeps me from purchasing; but i do tend to hoard samples of it)

Re: What are your favorite SPRING Fragrances ?

4-26-2017 12-46-18 PM.jpg

Biggest one coming to mind for me is Harajuku Lovers G fragrance!

Who knows, maybe I got my first bottle in the spring/summertime because when I put it on, I just FEEL like I am jumping back in time to a younger age. It's just so very fresh and uplifiting!

Here are the notes:

Top - Crisp mandarin, fresh coconut, apple skin
Mid - Jasmine sambac, soft freesia, magnolia vapor
Base - Coconut cream, white sandalwood and cotton woods

Oh that sounds wonderful Katie.  I have to try it!  The bottle is adorbs too.

Hmmm,,,

Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin

Jo Loves No 42 Flowershop

Tom Ford Soleil Blanc

Aerin Mediterranean Honeysuckle

L'Artisan La Chasse Aux Papillons

Creed Love in White

Chanel Chance Eau Vive

Tocca Florence

Tocca Bianca

Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet is my current spring fragrance

Hi @jemly,

I love Carven's L’Eau de Toilette. It is light, fresh and is perfect for Spring! I love that it has a body cream and shower gel as well! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I've recently been introduced to the original Chloe and I'm really loving it! I can't wait to wear it more when the weather gets warmer. (:

XOXO,
Marieke

@MariekeBTI loooove Chloe EDP - it's one of my 3 signature scents! : ) It's just so pretty and well done - after sitting on the fence and buying a couple of roller balls I finally invested in 4.2OZ Monster bottle around Christmas time. 

I know that some people will consider this to be blasphemous because it is perfectly constructed on its own but I sometimes layer Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanille Extreme over it and then I just want to keep sniffing myself all day.

@RoseCharlie I have never tried layering it with something else! I'll have to see if I can get a sample of that Vanille Extreme and try that combo. I'm sure it smells wonderful 😄 

XOXO,
Marieke

Great choice @MariekeBT 🙂 That is my favourite perfume. It's such a beautiful scent, I get a lot of compliments whenever I wear it. 

@Asche, thank you! It's actually my best friend's favorite too. It smells amazing. ❤️ 

XOXO,
Marieke

Today I wore Angel Innocent, my first Mugler love. It's Angel lite, a fresh version of a classic that is much easier to wear as the weather continues to warm up.

i forgot about my very very favorite spring / green fragrances because i haven't had it for a couple years. i HAVE to get it back in my life.

maison martin margiela (untitled)

Tauer PHI - a fresh, blooming rose that gives me a sense that warmer weather is imminent

Serge Lutens L'orpheline - I find it less icy and cold than Gris Clair and in that way it's a good bridge scent for the period between deep winter and temperate spring 

DS & Durga Debaser - fig will always be the scent of renewal for me, and this is ripe and milky and reminiscent of green buds unfurling

Olfactive Studio Flashback - mixed citruses and a crispness that calls to mind gin and tonics

Histoires de Parfums Defile NY - (don't own but wish I did, have tried) - this is such a watery floral with hints of grass and spices. It makes me think of a spring picnic in the park.

I feel like I'm leaving out something quite obvious, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

This is a fun thread @jemly! I love florals a lot and lean toward fresh florals for spring. 

I like mixing Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia with Peony Blush Suede. The fruit and floral smell mixed with the other floral is my signature scent all year long. 

I recently got Chanel No 5 L'eau. I wasn't a fan of the original No 5 but I do like this. Its super light. It is very faint throughout the day so it could be good for office environments. 

Last but not least is Gucci Flora Gardenia. This is an oldie  but goodie for me. I love how fresh this one is. 

I definitely have a preference for dark, smoky, spicy, leathery etc. fragrances so spring is a little tougher for me. Off the top of my head...

Frederic Malle's Angéliques Sous La Pluie - fresh, sparkling unisex floral

Dusita's Issara - elegant, warm fougère. For me, this one has a sweetness of emotion to it, I'm not sure how to describe it.

Penhaligon's Lothair - brisk, spicy, woody

@jemlyI'm a little on the fence with it, but L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzongkha definitely has a dirty, herbaceousness/earthiness. Very unique.

ohhhhhh dzongkha sounds like something i need to explore.........

For me, early spring is all about soft contemplative scents, with lots of earth, rain, iris, lily of the valley, incense and green/chypre. Here are some of my favorites:

- Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver: soft heliotrope and almond.

- Bvlgari The Vert: a spicier L'Eau d'Hiver.

- Frederic Malle En Passant: beautiful wet lilac.

- Guerlain Apres l'Ondee: gentle wet iris/violet after the rain.

- Chanel no 19: aldehydes and iris.

- Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist: cold transparent orris.

- Prada Infusion d'Iris: a warmer clean iris.

- Chanel Bois des Iles: aldehydes, iris and snadalwood.

- Dior Diorissimo: seductive lily of the valley.

- Estee Lauder Jasmin White Moss: galbanum and moss.

- Diptyque 34: complex chypre.

- Serge Lutens De Profundis: transparent green/violet/incense.

brilliant.

Marc Jacobs Dot and Ralph by Ralph Lauren

My all time favorite is NEST Spring and Marc Jacobs Dot. 

Oh yes!! Dot is lovely and very reminiscent of spring. 😄

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 4-26-2017 12-46-18 PM.jpg
  • LLPath.jpg
testing