Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are your favorite SPRING Fragrances ?

i remembered that last autumn we had a 'what are you favorite fall fragrances' thread so i thought, with march right around the corner, a favorite spring fragrances could be fun.

to be clear, i don't exclusively wear fragrances that are considered seasonally appropriate. but some days i crave it ! and the older i get the more in tune i am with this, as well.

florals come to mind for spring, but for me it's when the earthy dirt/green scents reign supreme (though vetivers/citrus concoctions or gardenia don't really pop up until summer for me). my list will have both !

1. TOCCA - colette. this is more of a late winter / early spring fragrance for me. the way this smells, to me, is the way a grey February / march day looks. it's cozy but on the edge of blooming. so i'd feel remiss to not add it here.
  2. DIPTYQUE - philosykos. the ultimate fig green scent. not jammy, fruity or tangy, but more suggestive of leaves after a fresh rain in the warmer air. in my top 3 favorite fragrances of ever.
  3. DEMETER - tomato. smells of a wet green garden. it reads tomato leaf more than tomato to me, though both are there. green and earthy, the tomato itself gives it a bit of 'bounce'. (special shout out to DEMETER 'new leaf' which i like to mix it with). an under appreciated fragrance note, it melts into the skin, and smells fresh while not at all soapy.
  4. ISSEY MIYAKE l'eau d'issey. the classic anti-angel (mugler) from the 90s, designed to smell of water. fresh white florals that are in no way cloying. if anyone is ever interested in training to nose to like florals (rather than simply smell their mom / grandma when they smell them), this is one i recommend to start the ball rolling. 
  5. KEROSENE - pretty machine. kerosene fragrances are not for everyone; what i've found is that while most are rather unique, they're not particularly complex, really, which makes them very polarizing (some many people love them because they're very accessible and pleasurable, while a seasoned perfumehead may be craving much more). but i love pretty machine. it's a jasmine bomb which manages to be fun and punky rather than demure and sweet. it basically screams "YEAH I'M A GIRL, DON'T F WITH ME".

i'll add more below as and if i think of them. special shoutout to COMMODITY moss (i don't own it--the longevity on me keeps me from purchasing; but i do tend to hoard samples of it)

Re: What are your favorite SPRING Fragrances ?

Here are a few of my favorites; Maison Margiela Martin Flower Market, TokyoMilk Gin & Rosewater and Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. 

I recently bought the Platinum travel size scent wardrobe from Commodity and the scent I've been wearing everyday is Orris. It's so beautiful. Gorgeous floral!

My favorites for spring and summer are Viva La Juicy and Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. I like sweet scents overall.

I tend to wear Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet more in the spring/summer than any other time.

I will also wear Vanilla perfume from The Body Shop too just because it is a pleasant fragrance and usually doesn't offend anyone.

ok i know i said above that vetivers are typically more of a 'summer' thing for me, but i do have an exception ! in fact, i'm wearing it today and i thought "oh yeah, duh"

ETAT LIBRE D'ORANGE 'fat electrician' !! this is a very different type of vetiver, as it contains no citrus, but rather creamy (rather than sugary) sweetness of vanilla, myrrh and even a hint of whipped cream (the latter which gives the sweetness a light airiness). it all sits on a base of additional resins.  

the sweetness may be a lot for particularly hot summers (i'll have to see !) but a particularly lovely creamy-green spring transition 🙂

I love this one! It's funny, the creaminess paired with the bitter myrrh makes it feel like a fall scent to me 🙂

@pocketvenus oh i totally understand that too. i just happened to be given this one last spring, so maybe that tainted my impression of it.........

I live in a warm climate, so I don't really have many seasonal perfumes. But, these are my current favorites which probably are good spring and summer fragrances.

• Commodity Mimosa: I was pleasantly surprised that this was Mimosa the ubiquitous brunch beverage and not Mimosa the flower. It's citrusy with just a hint of floral, and oh so nice. I like it layered with Commodity Gin.
  • Byredo Inflorescence: I discovered this gorgeous, light floral during the perfume challenge, and it's my new signature scent. It was love at first sniff, and I felt like it was the perfume I had been searching for all my life. 
  • Pinrose Merry Maker: This fruity-floral makes me feel like I'm back in junior high and wearing starter perfume, but it really is such a cheerful scent.
  • Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia: This was my first Jo Malone, and it's like a grown-up, sophisticated fruity-floral. 
  • Tocca Bianca: This citrus-floral-tea fragrance is so fresh and dreamy.

I love Fresh Sugar, but I understand they recently changed the formula, and it's supposed to smell off now. Hoarding my bottle of the original! I love to layer it with Fresh Sugar Lychee. 

That's so unfortunate Beadshopgirl!  I know a few people that love the original Fresh Sugar!

I haven't sniffed the new one yet, but if you read reviews from the last several months, they're not favourable. 

I've never been one to claim a favorite season, but I am really excited for this upcoming spring. With fragrences, I don't really wear them based on the season either, at least, not consciously. Since thinking more about my fragrences choices though, I've been a bit more purposeful with what I put on. These are what I'm planning to wear a lot in the coming months:

1. Dolce & Gabanna Dolce

2. Pinrose Merry Maker, Garden Gangster, and Tambourine Dreamer

3. Atelier Orange Sanguine

4. Jo Malone Necterine Blossom & Honey

5. Roses de Chloe

6. I Love Juicy Couture

7. Commodity Mimosa

8. Elizabeth & James Nirvana White

Yup. Unsurprisingly, I have half of these (Pinrose, Atelier, Jo Malone, Commodity) and definitely agree!

@txcatx Fragrence twin ftw!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LEFT OUT MY ROSES. for spring, a fresh not heavy rose. i love a rose fragrance on a spring night, in particular. my two favorites being:

• DIPTYQUE eau rose. perfection
  • EX NIHLIO rose hubris

both of these contain litchi (lychee) which actually shocked me because that is a fruit that is usually headache inducing sweet. but in these forms (particularly in the diptyque) it just serves to lift the rose a bit, keeping it from being overly rounded and cloying. 

Right now, it's Maison Margiela's 'Replica' Fantasies in Flying. That scent screams "spring" to me! It reminds me of fresh morning air and being by the sea. I adore it. I just wish the lasting power was a little better.

Juliette Has a Gun's Gentlewoman smells very similar to Flying, and I find that it lasts longer. I still want Fantasies in Flying as well though. I love neroli scents in the spring.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a try when I get the chance. 🙂

ohhh, i haven't smelled any of these new ones. i've been wanting to try 'dancing on the moon' because i love the name and it seems to be an effervescent jasmine, which i'd like....i think. 

@jemly have you had the chance to try these? Dancing on the Moon is definitely heavy on the white florals, namely jasmine. Soul of the Forest was really interesting as well. I think a slightly greener/earthier fragrance, IIRC.

I'm having a hard time recalling Dancing on the Moon. I think I liked it, just not as much as Flying. I do agree that the name totally draws you in! I was also pleasantly surprised by Soul of the Forest. I think it would also be a great fragrance for spring. 🙂

oh yeah, the forest one was the one that, when i read the notes, really spoke to me. eager to check them out !

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 4-26-2017 12-46-18 PM.jpg
  • LLPath.jpg
testing