Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@StephanieBT, Thanks for the input!

Just to put it out there, if you enjoy incense as well, may I suggest Garanat by Bvlgari from their Le Gemme collection for men? 

Roses, incense and what smells like sandalwood in the background. 

Actually, The entire Le Gemme collection for men is amazing (don't worry, women can definitely wear them). 

Samples are easily had.

Today I wore Beaufort's Iron Duke. Like the other Beauforts, it smelled the best when it had died down. It's a leathery scent with animal musks that is really, really butch. Not masculine, but buuuuutch.

I feel like the Beauforts share a resemblance even though the note pyramids are different. The ones I've tried all have this sort of smoky, leathery, slightly sweet thing going on.

Tornade Blonde Parfum, 1.0 oz./ 30 mL

Today i'm wearing Christian Louboutin Tornade Blonde.  Is it worth the high price? Nope! Is it special? Nope! But i love it! It's totally office friendly and perfect for spring/summer: light and fresh.  I just wish it lasts a bit longer.

Hi @blackkitty2014,

Wow! The bottle is beautiful! It kinda reminds me of the Louboutin Loubibelle, Lip Beauty Oil! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/loubibelle-lip-beauty-oil-P429014?skuId=2058204&icid2=products%20gri...

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

@RaquelBT, that looks so goth, I love it!

@blackkitty2014😛 The bottle is gorgeous too!

I've been working my way through my scent sample stash and today's winner is Diptyque Eau de Lierre. 

Fancy description for their site: It is said that ivy is persistent, that it is a symbol of fidelity and attachment. In other words, a bit like perfume. But ivy’s scent cannot be extracted. It must therefore be invented, given green notes; its leaves must be crenelated with fragrant accords, the roots of its trail must be extended... Eau de Lierre reunites the plant and its symbols in an utterly surprising accord, fresh and slightly aquatic and as herbaceous as green sap rising up a vine.

My notes: I kind of wanted to hate this.  It's very green which I normally shy away from but I love the way it wears on me.  I feel like a little woodland nymph when I wear it.  I think I might go full size on this one!

Eau de Lierre

Wednesday's Scent of the Day will be 

Vintage Body Kouros

by Yves Saint Laurent

I got lucky on ebay and found two unopened bottles that were manufactured in 2000, the year of its release. The best way I can describe the original formulation is that it is like Pi by Givenchy but with a lot more depth and is not so overly sweet.

Vintage bottle.

4shwmNz

@Vmaster, nice eBay score!

@pocketvenus Thank you!

On any perfume, this would show you that it was manufactured before 2005

(the sparse ingredient list on the back of the box)

7r9bIQx 

Creed Aventus for Her.  Love love the strong citrus scent!

@blackkitty2014 Nice choice!

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I am wearing Vert Des Bois by Tom Ford. This one seems to work well in hot weather.

@Vmaster, I think green scents are great for summer 🙂

@pocketvenus I agree!

Anonymous Insider

Feeling a bit romantic, so I went with an old-school fav today . . . White Shoulders.

Today, I'm wearing Papillon's Salome, a sultry, animalistic floral with a touch of old school glamour. I loved this one so much, I sprung for a full bottle even though I knew I couldn't wear it enough to justify it. Big, lush florals unfurling from a bed of dirty musks and a hit of cumin. Not for the faint of heart!

salome

Nice choice!

Nice choice!

Re: Nice choice!

Thanks @Vmaster 🙂 Have you tried this one/do you like it?

@pocketvenus Unfortunately I have not, but I had heard so many good things about it (especially from a review that Claire did), I have it on my wish list. Jasmine and rose are my favorite florals.

@Vmaster, Papillon is a great house. I really liked Dryad too. It's a gentile chypre, very English and pastoral.

2,358 Replies
testing