Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@Vmastersounds nice and spicy! What's the other scent?... edit: oh, I just scrolled down ha ha

Lancome's Magie Noir.  It's an old bottle that I found on a closet shelf behind a basket of winter gloves and hats.  It's about near the end of it's life as far as the fragrance goes, so I'm going to use it up before it goes over the hill.

Today I am wearing one of two new fragrances that I received yesterday.

Grimoire by Anatole Lebreton

Fragrance Notes:
Bergamot, Basil, Lavender, Elemi resin, Frankincense, Seville Lavender, Atlas Cedar, Cumin, Patchouli, Moss, Musk

Some people may be thinking "Cumin?!? Ewww!" but it really works nicely with the resins.

Here are some quotes from reviewers on Fragrantica:

"This is the ugliest, moldiest, dirtiest, funkiest, most pleasurable, delightful and gratifying fragrance you will encounter this year. This is very O'driu-like."

"You must graduate from designer fragrances to like this one"

"Yes, this scent smells like the dungeons of a castle. The corridors of Hogwarts. Wax incense dark resins dangerous plants"

"I love the imagination in this. On cold sniff (from the nozzle) you definitely get the dusty book essence, but when you spray it on skin it warms up into something else. Dusty spellbooks? Sure. Unwashed musky skin, but a hint of clean soapy candles? Yep, that's there. Smoky incense and a hint of campfire wood." 

375x500.42233.jpg

@Vmaster, I love well blended cumin in fragrance! Maybe one of my faves is Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Absolue Pour le Soir. Sooooooooooooo good. This one sounds creative. Not like a pretty fantasy of books but an actual dusty grimoire. From the notes, I wouldn't have expected that!

@pocketvenus  Indeed. This fragrance very realistic.

Book by Commodity is woody and boring, while Grimoire actually smells like an old book but in a very good and creative way. The two are miles apart.

@Vmasterinteresting! Yes, Commodity's Book does not really remind me of actual books. Neither does Byredo's Biblioteque remind me of a library ha ha. I once read somewhere that books can release a chemical that is similar to vanilla which is why the smell can be comforting. Different books will smell differently too I'm guessing, based on the binding materials used, type of paper, and storage conditions.

@Vmaster i like cumin as a note ! i find the 'BO' quality that so many people are put off by actually lends itself to mixing in with the skin/body chemistry so well. many serge lutens and le labo fragrances come to mind.

@jemly  You would enjoy the fragrances from O'Driu, as Angelo Orazio Pregoni uses it as part of the base DNA for all his fragrances.

Also, I would recognize that eye on your avatar anywhere! Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie.

Viktor and Rolf Dancing Roses.  It’s so beautiful light and sweet but not in a candy type way.  I can’t stop taking deep breaths.  It’s like smelling actual roses.  

Chanel's Sycamore for me today. It's a gorgeous, classic vetiver that gets nice and smoky/earthy in the dry down. Wears a little heavier than Guerlain's Vetiver and TF's Grey Vetiver. Not as rich and smoky as Etat Libre's Fat Electrician. Not as angular and bright as Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire.

@pocketvenusNice choice!

Got a sample of the Jo Malone Bronze Wood and Leather which was a little heavy on the leather to me so I sprayed on some Honeysuckle and Davana and loved it!  Not sure I really thought this would be a good combination, just wanted to lighten the leather a bit, but it was so good I went back to it today for another wearing!

@badgirl2, thanks for sharing your impressions! Did you find the Davana one sweet and boozy?

@pocketvenus that's funny you ask...I saw your post describing Davana that way and I hadn't thought of it before, so when I sprayed it this time I did think about that and I think that's a pretty good description! Hard to separate from the Honeysuckle though which is certainly sweet. I'd love to smell just Davana.

@badgirl2, I've never smelled Davana on its own either! I'd love to!

Happy Friday.

Today I am wearing Faqat Lil Rijal, a powerful and long lasting Woody Oriental fragrance by Rasasi. My only complaint being that it is 50ml of liquid in a bottle that looks like it holds 100ml.

Top Notes: Saffron, Oud, Bergamot.
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Cardamom, Rice, Geranium.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Patchouli, Leather, Oud.

375x500.19651.jpg

Today I wore Arabian Legend by Arabian Oud, which is almost an exact version of Jubilation XXV by Amouage but without the Immortelle. Sadly Immortelle gives me a nasty headache.

375x500.21596

This evening I am wearing a vintage Shalimar parfum by Guerlain. Nice and cozy!

@Vmaster, oooo that Amouage is a good one. And a vintage Guerlain! What a great smelling day 🙂

The sky was overcast and grim today, so I wore Libertine Fragrance's Sweet Grass, like a prayer for the gentle sunlight of late spring to come

@pocketvenus Do you know where to get decants of Libertine? I want to try Sweet Grass & Eros Fig so bad

@octopusme, I think they are so small, you'd have to order samples from them directly. Maybe you could try contacting a boutique that carries them for a sample? THey have a list of stockists on their site.

2,358 Replies
testing