Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Lots of going out and summer concerts have had me pull the sexy out. I’ve been wearing juicy Gold Couture. It’s so sweet and sexy, and last over twelve hours on my skin. 

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray

@howconnie @this is the only gourmand I own, I wore it the other day, too!  

It’s so delicious, we’re twinning fragrances 

The weather has been sticky and summery so I've been alternating between Libertine's Sex and Jasmine and Areej le Dore's Indolis.

Libertine_1200x1200

Also, please do not Google image search Libertine Sex and Jasmine, it is a terrible, terrible mistake!!!!!!! T_T

@pocketvenus  Indolis is a great one for Summer. Nice choice!

@VmasterThank you for this one!! 🙂

@pocketvenus  You are welcome! I am glad you are enjoying it.

Hahaha appreciate the warning 

Wore CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Sel Santal 3.4 oz/ 100 mL today and this is one of my fav warmer weather fragrance! 😘

It's def unisex but not masculine at all. It's woody & earthy but FRESH and FUN. The add in Salty notes mixed with citrus and woody scents makes it sooooo unique and different in a good way. It makes my mouth waters when sniffing it! Only downside is the longevity, but I love this so much that I don't mind reapply it! 

I am wearing Dior Addict Eau Fraiche today, one of my Summer favorites. A lovely fresh fragrance. It is light without much projection- perfect for hot days when I don’t want anything overpowering.

Notes:

Bergamot, grapefruit, Orange, Freesia, Lily of the Valley, Lotus Flower, Pineapple, Watermelon, Grenadine, Sandalwood, White Musk.

Dior Dior Addict Eau Fraîche 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

@angel7594 Interesting! This is the first time I’ve seen grenadine noted in a fragrance.  I’ll have to get around to smelling this one.

I wore CLEAN RESERVE Classic - Rain 2oz/60mL today while out shopping.  I love this fresh scent for a hot summer day and it lasted a good 5 hours on me.  

I just ordered a bottle of Glossier You.  I received a sample about 6 months ago, and initially didn’t like it.  That’s usually the case with Iris.  Today I saw the sample and decided to spray it on my skin, and I couldn’t stop smelling my wrists. The opening is effervescent and on me, iris root is prominent leaning somewhat papery, but maintains freshness. The pink pepper begins to emerge about 30 seconds in.  What is left 20 minutes later is a soft, comforting ambrette and a salty, marine quality, with wafts of musk.  For modern ‘old souls’, this scent fits into my mysterious and ambiguous nature, and makes me feel effortlessly sexy.  Longevity 3-4 hours.  Unisex leaning more feminine.  Doesn’t project too far, a good candidate for the summertime.  This smells like a youthful, more wearable version of Diptyque Fleur de Peau... the latter contains ambergris instead of ambrox, but hand in hand with similar vintage, thrift shop vibes. 

$60. 50ml Eau de Parfum - I won’t cry spraying this one liberally as needed. 

@modernwarpaintyour description sounds lovely! I like the Fleur de Peau but it doesn't last on me. It's like the fragrance equivalent of a MLBB nude.

@pocketvenus I must apologize and retract - I just found my Fleur de Peau sample and tested it side by side, and they are not exact dupes.  I just don't want anyone reading this to be misinformed.  However, they do share similar qualities.  I'd say at the dry down, Glossier You could be considered a 'flanker' to FdP.  Glossier is more sparkling, clean, and creamy... Fleur de Peau pulls more dusty on me.  They both carry the same vintage quality, reminiscent of scent of vintage makeup, and a somewhat papery undertone.  The pink pepper in FdP is way less prominent. 

The note comparisons, are almost identical:

Fleur de Peau:  Musk, Ambrette Seed, Iris, Pink Peppercorns (Luckyscent add ambergris to the notes, not sure if that's accurate)

You:  Iris Root, Pink Pepper, Ambrette, Ambrox, Musk

Both are only offered in eau de parfum, which is good because both are not considered powerhouses.  FdP is $175. US, and You is $60. US.  I personally enjoy Glossier You more.  It's the more modern interpretation and can translate well into the 20-30 age group due to those sparkling and fresh qualities that FdP is lacking. 

@modernwarpaintno need to apologize and thank you for the comparison! They do sounnd very similar!

@pocketvenus  I wouldn’t say this will last any longer, but it is an affordable option giving a similar effect.  They also provide 1.5 ml sample with any Glossier purchase and a$22 solid version. It’s also a monthly option on  Scentbird.

Today, I'm wearing Clean Reserve Acqua Neroli.  I sprayed it on paper, and it wasn't something I would remotely ever want to put on my skin; however, the dry down state on paper was very nice, so I gave it a try.  I've been wearing it for a couple hours now, and realized it smells similar to Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.  I feel like if TF Neroli Portofino and Soleil Blanc had a baby, this is it.  It's not a 'me' fragrance by any means, but it smells much better on the skin.  It has a clean, beachy feel, with a creaminess that smells like cereal milk left in the bowl after eating Fruit Loops.  It smells like if you were on the Mediterranean coast eating fruity cereal milk.  haha  Sillage is moderate, and not overwhelming unless you spray tons of it. 

@modernwarpaint I love this one!

I am wearing L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain. I am in love with this perfume! And this is definitely the most complex fragrance I've worn to date, which is understandable from such a classic.

Can't stop sniffing my elbows, lmao!

@a5n8g8e2l4Nice choice! I really like this one too 🙂

2,358 Replies
testing