Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I can't get enough of TF Venetian Bergamot. It is the first TF I have actually purchased a bottle of. I almost bought cafe rose but this one I love. Have you tried it? 

Has anyone else tried it? Thoughts?

You had me at Bergamot, I'm going to have to try it now1

I need to try it.  Never have...now...something new to tempt me!!!

I am wearing my Tocca Cleopatra today.  I am ill so staying at home all day but still wanted to smell yummy 🙂

Decided to break out my Burberry Brit today.  I forgot how much I liked this scent on me 🙂

Currently rotating between Lancome La Vie Est Belle and Tokyo Milk #10 Everything and Nothing 🙂 

Angel Thierry Mugler!! Just bought the mini spray after salivating over it for a while. It's always been my aunt's signature scent so I felt a little weird but it's such a notorious scent I love it

Wearing Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere. It's so lovely, but I never remember to wear it.

Today is See By Chloe, which smells like nothing but warmed honey on me (not at all like the notes). I often neglect this one, but whenever I come back to it I remember why I love it so much.

Chloe smells terrible on me, but I love See!

I like this one, too! It smells like cinnamon apples on me 🙂

I don't mean to deter from the topic, but maybe one of you lovelies who are fragrance obsessed can help? 

I usually don't wear perfume, mostly because my day job is around kids and I don't want to trigger any sort of allergies, but in my off time I've been trying to find a fragrance that would fit "me". I worked at a candle store for almost 8 years, so my sense of smell is heightened and a bit skewered from it (even now that I no longer work there!) I've found anything with any sort of musk in it is an absolute no-go - which eliminates a LOT of perfumes. (Either I don't like the smell at all/get a headache or the dry-down hours later mixes weirdly with my body chemistry and I smell "stale") 

I've found FlowerBomb and Butterfly are two that bypass this (no musk), but I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions to try? The only other two I've tried are Alien and Dahlia Divin, but those even get "heavy" sometimes.

Anonymous Insider

You can always look for water based perfumes since they are a little more simple with the notes. CBs I Hate Perfume or Demeter would be fair starting points for looking into it.

Good suggestions. Demeter's at a nicer price point too. 

I wonder if some of the Atelier Cologne scents might work for you? Cedrat Envirant is one that comes to mind. I always feel like it's a lighter, fresher one. 

Or maybe some Jo Malone? I find they're fairly light as colognes, and some of them are lighter than others.

Decided to wear Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge layered with Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme 🙂

I was feeling cozy and unisex today, so I used my Diptyque Precious Oil, then layered JM Amber & Lavender and Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I can't wait to fall asleep in this heavenly cloud of cuddliness!

Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge for me today 🙂

I can't believe I haven't tried layering scents earlier, but tonight I went to a house party and layered Aerie's "Shimmer" with a spritz of MMM's "Jazz Club." Nearly every single person I hugged hello, men and women alike, were commenting on how good I smelled. My ego was thoroughly stroked.

Chanel Cuir de Russie (a small sample size decant that arrived 2/3 empty. Whomp). It's alright. There's a definite leather smell but it's not my favorite. It has something els to it that's really dark. I imagine someone much older than me wearing this!

Have you tried Mugler's Les Exceptions Cuir Impertinent? I like this take on leather a lot. Then again Mugler's leather flankers for Angel, Alien, and Womanity will always be near and dear to my heart.

I have not! I'll have to locate this - thank you 🙂

2,358 Replies
testing