Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today, I am wearing Dior Addict.  Always a good go-to scent.

Giorgio Armani Si, soft and sweet.

I recently got a sample of Geisha Noire, and I'm obsessed. It's a sultry amber scent that I literally cannot get enough of. My husband say that even my cat smells like it now lol. 

J'adore by Dior. I have gone through 4 bottles.

I also have other favorites: My Burberry, Flower Bomb, Burberry Sheer, and Romance by Ralph Lauren. I alternate them.

trying out my decant of Serge Lutens Un Lys today. LOVE this scent and great for the cooler temperatures!

Living dangerously and doing some fragrance layering 😛 

Jo Malone Sea Salt & Wood Sage with her Peony & Blush Suede

EVERYTHING layers well with Wood Sage & Sea Salt! It's my favorite when I want to make anything smell fresher and more bracing.

Serge Lutens Bois Vanille. It is a really pretty and light vanilla!

Also trying out Borneo 1834 in the crook of my elbow. I think I've officially decided that this is not an acceptable place to test out fragrances, because it seems to bring out the worst notes :x.

I try not to test fragrance in the crook of my elbow whenever possible.

I find it can falsely warm them too quickly and bring out some notes stronger than they would if you were wearing it elsewhere.

Lesson learned! I probably should try Cuir again, but absolutely not Speculoos :x

i fell in love with borneo 1834 recently. it's a bit stinky. i adored it.

LOL, it is a bit funky.  It's a personal fave of mine, but I have to be in the right mood for it, because it's one of those ones that encircles me.

When I tried it the first time (alone, and lightly) - it reminded me of a Catbird candle I like that has some pencil shaving notes in it, but had a SUPER light sweetness to it. I read that it was cocoa, so I was hoping to try it again today because of my obsession with L'Antichambre's Chocolat, and get a good whiff of that in Borneo. Unfortunately, it seems to just be pulling horribly masculine on me today and I'm smelling something I don't like. Maybe Bergamot? I don't know if that is a note or not...I'm just not able to identify it!

It has a lot of patchouli in it 🙂

I am trying out my sample of Hanae Mori EDP again.  Wasn't wowed the first time, but I will be giving it another shot.  Didn't dislike it the first time, but didn't like it enough to purchase.  We will see if my opinion changes today.

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan ...again...I promised someone I'd do a review and I just can't decide what I think about the scent.  I'll be wearing every day until I do (kiss that bottle good bye).

My Ambre Sultan review.  Thanks for Jemly for getting my head around the scent.

hooray ! you know it's funny, i'd never read the text released with ambre sultan. i was oblivious to its "intentions" except for the fact that 'sultan' was in the title, of course.

i've recently been going to this house where beautiful candles are burning. the house smells incredible, like amber and sandalwood. the next day, if i haven't washed my hair, i can still smell the air of that house in my hair. which is incredible. your description of ambre sultan reminded me of that sort of effect. there's an intimate mystery there, a suggestion. 

It made me start thinking...as I was trying to come up with words.  That suggestion of ...what...mystery...seduction?  Sometimes the media makes everything so blatant and obvious.  Your comments got me thinking about the bait and switch, the suggestion and lingering element of the fragrance.  I kept trying to smell oud, pre-conditioned from the description.  But it isn't there.

So it's sort of the more a glance over a shoulder scent and not a direct stare.  I can see it for you.

And I like it...a lot...

this is my favorite of all time. if i could only wear one scent forever, this would be it, no doubt.

it's not the most complex of SL...but it's still undeniably alluring, provides a dark depth and yet an approachable sweetness. (and not a sugary sweetness, a creamy one) 

i'm planning on going to the serge lutens flagship boutique in paris next spring....my head is telling me to get something new, my heart is telling me to stick with what i know i love. (plus, if i had a backup i'd wear it more !)

That's it...the complexity issue.  I can totally make out all of the elements yet they blend together in a seemingly effortless way....

I like your terminology...dark depth, approachable (creamy) sweetness....

For some odd reason I just keep looking for oud in it...and it isn't there.  But that's more me than the fragrance.

It's an incredibly wearable yet distinctive and exotic scent.

I envy you your trip!!!  So curious, but I'll need to wait, to hear what you bring back!

2,358 Replies
testing