Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Been sampling Tom Ford Metallique for a few days, and did not like it at first, and now I love it.  It’s retro and modern, opening with a beautiful bergamot, aldehydes and pink pepper.  Sparkly, slightly abrasive but the malleability of this metal begins to soften and shift into a cuddly, vanilla and clean musk.  It’s addictive.  Wish the projection was a little louder.

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Dahlia Divin by Givenchy 😍

Maison Martin Margiela (Untitled) L'eau
o.14273.jpg

2F193A75-27EB-44DD-B548-1CA92B7DC39D.png

I picked this up when Bergdorf has 25 percent off promotion about a month ago or so. It’s a beautiful light classy scent but sadly longevity is real poor. The gardenia scent is not very pronounced in it. Do I like it? Yes very much but not love it. Do I think it’s overpriced? Yes. I think they should price it around Chanel ones $130 or so. Did I say I feel very classy wearing it 🤣😂

Been trying to wear fragrances to cut the heat these days. So far it's been 

• Vintage Vent Vert by Balmain. The original green floral that inspired so many others. Opens with jade green galbanum, fresh foilage, spring flowers.
  • Frederic Malle's Angeliques Sous La Pluie. This one is so similar to the darker, greener, edgier Bois d'Orage but on a hot summer day, sometimes you want something more light and sparkling.
  • Jazmin Sarai's Fayoum. I am really loving this sample. It's not clean or fresh but the chewy fig opening is very unique and summery and the dry down is gorgeous.

@pocketvenus Those all sound lovely.

Wearing Noir Epices today. It is not an easy wear because it's soooo dry. But still beautiful.

frederic-malle-milano

I haven't posted since isolating but I've been taking the opportunity to wear BIG scents that I normally won't bring to the office 😛

• Malle's Carnal Flower
  • Everything Amouage
  • Libertine's Sex and Jasmine
  • Papillon's Salome
  • Nasomatto's Black Afgano

All that sort of thing. I also try to start my day with a new EO blend in my diffuser 🙂 Candles and incense also getting a lot of use these days! I finished my Mssr. Blanchy candle by Boy Smells and I'm a third of the way through my Figuier candle by Diptyque.

3e1c944721147da888dab6384b69a11f--candle-packaging-large-candles

Stuck inside on a sunny day so I'm wearing Dilettante, a pretty orange blossom soliflore, to make up for it!

375x500.39476

Today was almost spring like, so I wore Nasomatto's Absinth which has an earthy, rooty side. A part of it reminds me of beets which sounds awful but it works.

The weather has been very up and down as of late so it's been tough getting into "wintery perfumes" this year. Normally, I like to wear really heavy scents but these days can sometimes feel like spring! I've been sticking to oud oils and KILIAN Paris Intoxicated 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which is a rich cardamom coffee that's light enough for warmer days.

kilianintoxicated.jpg

I was gifted By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Perfume Oil .25 fl oz / 7.5 ml at some point, and just found it in my collection recently (no judgement pls, hahaha). I was pleasantly surprised - I'm obsessed with the smell! It's not overwhelming at all, and feels very feminine to me. I love pairing it with more androgynous outfits - fun to mix up the vibes. 🙂 

@GeorginaBT I think about matching my outfits with my perfumes all the time 🙂 Always nice to find a new fave in the stash!!

I recently picked up Arquiste’s Flor y Canto during a big Birchbox sale. I’m a huge fan of tuberose and I find this fragrance to be a very accessible version of the flower. My all time favorite classic tuberose perfume is Estée Lauder’s Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia; more recently I’ve fallen in love with Gucci Gucci Bloom Ambrosia di Fiori Eau de Parfum Intense For Her 1.6 oz/ 50 mL, but this Arquiste gem has quickly won me over and found itself in heavy rotation in 2020!

@LCResz I definitely want to try more from Arquiste! Nanban and Anima Dulcis both sound really good too.

My favourite tuberose right now is Hiram Green's Moon Bloom, it's so beautiful ❤️

Khashab Al-Oud Heritage by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi

Iasr7ZV

@Vmaster do you know where the oud is sourced from? Do you have a preferred region?

@pocketvenus 

Unfortunately the region where this oud is produced is not mentioned (most Arabic houses do the same), only that it is an aged oud.

Here is the note breakdown according to their US website: 

TOP NOTES:

French Orange Flower (Unknown what this is. Maybe Orange Blossom?)
Saffron
Star Anise
Flowery (probably a floral synthetic)
MIDDLE NOTES:
Cedar wood
Woody (probably a synthetic. Possibly, in my opinion, may be ISO E Super?)
Lily
BASE NOTES:
Agar wood (most likely the wood twigs in the bottle)
Sandalwood
Pure old oud (Aged oud - expensive stuff)
Balsamic (unknown but possibly myrrh?)

Up to this point I have enjoyed every oud that I have tried. Cambodi smells slightly of dried fruit, which is my favorite. I also enjoy Hindi (Indian) oud which smells like a barnyard, Borneo oud which smells slightly like varnish, and Laotian (Laos) oud which smells slightly medicinal (Oud Palao by Diptyque, Oudh Infini by Parfums Dusita and L'Oudh by Tauer Perfumes contain this oud). The notes that make Oudh Infini so potent is not the oud, it is the Civet (mostly) and musk, in combination with the oud.

@Vmaster I also like Cambodian ouds for the same reason 🙂 Fruity and mellow, easy to wear but still complex. I also like Laotian ouds, it's the one in Mona di Orio's, which is more animalic to my nose but it's never harsh, it's always very smooth or creamy. The Dusita is beautiful, though tough to wear! I think the darkest ouds I enjoy are Chinese ouds but I haven't smelled as many as I woul dlike.

@pocketvenus Ah yes, the Hainan from the Hainan province in China. Potent stuff! Oh by the way, I was on Ensar Oud's site and saw a really nice specially crafted Chinese oud named Betonamu Senkoh, 2.5 grams for $2,085 US. Not bad considering the price of some aged ouds.

rotating through a couple toccas lately TOCCA - FlorenceTOCCA - Simone 

2,358 Replies
testing