Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

My latest sample I am working through, I swear my last one took months, is Tom Ford Vert D'Encens. Oh man this is an earthy scent to a T!! It reminds me of being in a deep forest that is covered in lush greens and dirt. It smells pretty strong and lasts quite a while.

It's Papillon's Anubis today! Smoky, leathery incense with a dry down that's to die for.

66500.jpg_width=400&404=product

The weather in NYC has been cuckoo bananas lately but it seems to have settled down into an odd sort of cool humidity so I've started to sneak into my muskier scents (my favs!).  Today I'm wearing Commodity Velvet which is everything I want in a cool weather scent. 

Real notes: Roasted Almond, Velvet Rose Petals, Black Amber 

My notes:  A smoky rose snuggled under the comfy blanket.  

I love the scent but I do wish it lasted longer on me.  

COMMODITY - Velvet

I am wearing Tom Ford Eau De Soleil Blanc- One of favorites. I especially love the dry down of this with the warmth of the pistachio and coco de mer. 

Notes: vert de bergamot, orange bitter, petitgrain bigarde, ylang- ylang, pistachio accord, coco de mer accord.

TOM FORD Eau de Soleil Blanc Eau de Toilette Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Happy Friday!

Bel Ami Vetiver

by Hermes

375x500.22616.jpg

Wore Apoteker Tepe's Holy Mountain today since the weather has dropped. It's resinous and smoky but beautifully fragrant. The notes seem to shift in prominence ever so slightly as the scent develops. I really enjoyed this. The closest two scents I can compare it to are Slumberhouse's Jeke which is much fruitier and Kerosene's Broken Theories which is not as fragrant. I am so sad this house has folded! I would have loved to try its other scents....

bd1d43fbc3e3ac20cd125b24a5106bee

Sexy Ruby by Michael KorsScreenshot_20180906-192102.png

Screenshot_20180906-192050.png

I bought the rollerball blindly when it was first released, thinking it was going to be a lovely warm, fruity scent. I keep it around as a reminder to never ever blind buy a fragrance again. 😅 I get a pretty heavy floral scent, somewhat sweetened by the fruit but also with a strong powdery undertone. Since neither florals nor powder are my thing, this didn't turn out to be something I liked much.

I didn't hate it as much today as I did when I first bought it, though. Maybe I'm learning to at least appreciate the ones I don't like a little more.

Today I am wearing

New York Intense
by Nicolaï

Notes:

Bergamot, Sicilian lemon, cloves, thyme, cinnamon, black pepper, pimento, oak moss, vetiver, amber.

WsCCE1k.jpg

Happy Tuesday!

Today I am wearing:

Signature by Arabian Oud.

TOP NOTES
Sage, Cardamom, Violet, Lemongrass

HEART NOTES
Indonesian Patchouli, Virginian Cedarwood

BASE NOTES
Atlas Cedarwood, Dry Amber, Musk

ao_images_signature.jpg

Today I tested Aerin Tangier Vanille and immediately put it on my loves list 😍 A warm and rich vanilla without any sweetness or sugar cookie-ness. 8 hours later, it's still got some strength to it too. Screenshot_20180904-022632.png

My partner and I are re-doing the living room so the entire weekend has been dedicated to procuring furniture and moving furniture around and why must furniture be so heavy??? Wearing Mona di Orio's Vanille to get me through the weekend!

375x500.12958

Heart Heart Heart

Today it's Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Absolue Pour Le Soir, a rich and spicy honey fragrance that reminds me of beeswax candles.

26132418-7432

This sounds really beautiful.  I've looked it up on Neiman Marcus so that I can remember its name, @pocketvenus

@curlychiquita, it is a truly beautiful scent although I must warn you that it is not easy to wear! In fact, it's borderline offensive. Cumin is among the spices included which is a polarizing note. I once read an article with Kurkdjian who said he only sells a shockingly low number of bottles of APLS each year, something like 20 or so 😮 Also, I believe it is only available at MFK boutiques but I could be wrong!

@pocketvenus, your right (of course), what I found at Neiman Marcus was Maison Francis Kurkdijan's Cologne Pour Le Soir, not Absolue Pour Le Soir. After reading, Cologne Pour Le Soir is a gentler fragrance.  That's probably more my taste!

Cologne Pour Le Soir.jpg

@curlychiquitadefinitely a more versatile wear 🙂

I wore Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette 3 oz/ 90 mL when I was out of town earlier this week.  I'm not wowed by the scent but I just love that bottle!

Happy Friday! 

Today I am wearing Khashab Al-Oud Heritage by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi. A woody fragrance. Yes those are real oud-imbued twigs in the bottle.

85591_f8aamg_khashab_al_oud_heritage_720.jpg

Today’s fragrance is Dior J’adore Injoy.

Key notes include- fleur de sel, ylang-ylang, peach. This is a lovely fruity floral that smells amazing, moderate projection but not overpowering.

Dior J'adore In Joy 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Today I am wearing Silver Mountain Water by Creed.

creed-silver-mountain-water.jpg

2,358 Replies
testing