Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

How do you like Phi?

And is faded expat hotel a good or a bad thing?

LDDM was the first Tauer I sampled, and even though it turns into a skin-scent on me fairly quickly (wish there was more projection past the 1.5-hour mark, but on the upside, I can wear it to work without worrying about people smelling me from two desks over), I still love it and seem to be reaching for it over everything else this fall.

I really like LDDM a lot.  Expat hotel in the romantic Casablanca way.  But the wear time on me wasn't so good.  It was less heavy then some like scents...

I like Phi a lot.  You mean the rose?  Now that wears much better!  I love scents like that though...I love Rose Flash too.  The Phi seems a little more refined somehow.

LDDM is an EdT (intense, but an EdT nonetheless), so that's probably why. I can still smell it five hours in, if I stick my nose right next to my skin. 01 Le Maroc pour Elle is supposed to be the stronger EdP version, but it somehow smelled different. I should probably get another set of samples because I remember liking 05 slightly more.

I'm SO glad to hear you like Phi. I blind bought it and was relieved overjoyed that it wore well on me AND I loved how it smelled. But rose seems to be a tricky note for most people (most roses react hideously with my skin chemistry- it turns acidic and/or smells like rotting fruit), and Tauer isn't cheap, so I would've felt guilty if you ended up feeling pretty meh about your purchase especially given it was my raving that pushed you over the edge.

I can't find seem to find Tauerville in Canada, so that will need to wait until my next US trip. I liked all of the three I smelled (Vanilla, Rose and Incense flash), but they were all so linear that my nose got quickly distracted by more complex scents. Definitely need to revisit them again...

I can help you get/ship Rose and or Vanilla Flash to Canada.  PM me if you want...if not...no worries.

I'm a huge rose fan..but not if it's super heavy or that old rose smell (I like musty...as in Balenciaga Paris)..  But I do like the Phi, love actually.  But scents can be tough because they smell so different on everyone.

Sadly LDDM is a no go for me...due to the price/wear time balance. But I like it...

Hah, I was just browsing through twisted lily, who do have all three in stock (and ship to Canada). Thank you so much for offering to help me procure Tauervilles for my collection- I really do appreciate it!

(I'm probably going to order the incense and rose flash before the day is over…)

I'm not a rose fan in general, but I tend to wear the same stuff for weeks on end to the point where I'm simply anosmic to it, so I am trying to add more things that are vastly different from whatever is already in my collection. Are there other rose/florals (preferably with chypre, woody or spicy notes) that you recommend?

Some roses I love....

The first two are memories...my aunt wears YSL Paris...so when I smell it I think of her.  An old bottle of Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais (probably the most grandma like of what I own...but it brings back memories...).

I love Diptique Eau Rose but not the longest wear.  Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose.

I do like the Tauer Phi and Rose Flash, a lot.  Maybe favoring the Phi a touch more (but it also costs a lot more).

I might always be looking for the perfect rose.  Sometimes I'm in the mood for the Juliette Has A Gun versions...but not always.

And then Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory.  As I mentioned to you, it reminds me of my grandparent's lilac bush when I was growing up.  Such a strong emotional memory every time I smell it.  And it has no lilac at all...but itdoes have rose.  Emotionally, it might be my favorite scent...though not classically.  And I wear scent based on mood...so sometimes I'm not in that mood.

But rose is a favorite of mine so I'm always smelling rose scents and open to suggestions.  Any favorites on your end (or anyone else).

Diptique has a lot of stuff that smells amazing, but I've had terrible luck with getting them to stay on me. As for SL, I actually prefer La Fille de Berlin to Sa Majeste- the latter turns acidic on me.

Still haven't tried anything from Juliette Has a Gun- my local Sephora carries most/all of the line, so I should definitely check it out sometime (doesn't help that the SL counter is right in front of it).

I've heard so many rave reviews about Kerosene, and I'm sure there's at least one that will work perfectly for me. It might not be Broken Theories or R'Oud Elements, but DFF might just be it (I assume there isn't a citrus note in it). Definitely getting some samples once I go through my current stash… thank you so much for the recommendations!

La fille de berlin is a beautiful rose I love the peppery spiciness. I'm debating adding this one to my collection.  It's such a refined sophisticated rose but with an animalic drydown such an amazing composition.

I've smelled midnight oud in Juliette has a gone great composition.  Useless knowledge: Roberto Ricci trained with Francis Kurkdjian (another great nose) and his grandfather was the original creator of L'air de Temps.

Sorry I'm a fragrance nerd!

Love it!!  Now I'm going to go find my midnight oud...perhaps my favorite JHAG.

No citrus in DFF.  I can't escape the memories when I smell it...so I'm probably not impartial...

Diptique is another brand whose wear time depend on scent with me.  JHAG fragrances are bold with that complex French thing (that my daughter hates...so I've come to recognize it).  When I'm in the mood I like them.

Until recently I loathed citrus.  I really hated it.  Now, suddenly, I love it.  But I get you not wanting too much of it.

I love Guerlain's Nahema longevity is excellent!!  It starts off like a jammy rose with peach and a bit of green notes in there as well .  The dry down also has patchouli and sandlewood which honest to goodness makes this one of the most sultry, velvety, glamourous, haunting enigmatic rose scents I have ever smelled.  If you liked Serge Lutens Sa Majaste la Rose you have to try Nahema, you just have to.  This is the perfume that began by fondness for rose scents.

Other ones to try are frederick Malle Lipstick Rose and Une Rose

And if you liked YSL paris for more than the memories, you might want to smell Lancome's Tresor Sophia Grosjman created both Paris & Tresor.  She adds rose to everything it's her signature style.  

A...I've been eyeing Nahema but haven't gotten to it yet.  I need to try it.  Love the other suggestions too.  I do like YSL beyond my aunt...a fresher rose.

I know there's so many perfumes out there to try.  I keep meaning to try the diptique line but haven't gotten around to it.  I think it was eau deulle that someone recommended I try I can't remember...

Eau duelle I love....and that one wears better on me...

So many choices!!!

ok now I will have to go to holts to smell that one!

+1 for Nahema

This is one of my mom's favourites, and reading your comment brought back memories of rummaging through her closet when I was younger. I generally avoid rose fragrances (mostly because they don't like me very much), but I should perhaps test this out the next time I'm at a Guerlain counter.

I'm testing it too.  Scent just brings back things.  Good and bad.  But I'll always love YSL Paris because it's what my aunt always wears.  I can't even smell it without thinking of her first.

For me it's the memories of Turkish delight we would eat when we were younger and these greek cookies that we sprinkle with rosewater.

Yes try it, you might hate it at first I did, I had a tough time adjusting from my chypres and woody orientals but i have to say florals, are really starting to grow on me.

Beautiful!

Finally got around to digging out that Kandahar you mentioned in mocha's thread. Sparkly (aldehyde?) cinnamon and tobacco on the opening, some chypre rose in the middle and sweet almond on the dry down. Reminded me that although I love the concept on many of the Tauer fragrances and can admire them I don't love them on me. There's enough left to share if you are interested PM me. 

L4S, thank you!!!  I ended up ordering it from Lucky Scent (my almost last purchase for a very, very long time!!!). I also got a sample.

I love this sort of scent...so I'm happy with it.  Sucker for rose...

What have you been loving lately?

2,358 Replies
testing