Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Happy Friday!

Gyan
Le Gemme collection
by Bvlgari

If I had a signature fragrance, this would be it.

Patchouli, Jasmine Sambac, Incense.

o.43631 (1).jpg

I’m wearing 4160 Tuesday’s Ealing Green today. It’s a bright, herbaceous, woody scent with a hint of earthy depth that lasts.

Wore L'Artisan P's Timbuktu today. It's good for all seasons but seems especially suitable for the muggy pre-storm and post-storm weather we're having in Toronto...

375x500.1267

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm wearing Tom Ford black orchid - it's such a devine fragrance lasts all day into the night and I get sooooooo many compliments - this is definitely one of my favorite fragrances ❤️

Re: RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Hi @Oshana,

Oooooo! Nice choice. I redeemed this fragrance with my scent certificate from the Sephora Collection Perfume Sampler. 🙂 One spray goes a long way!

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

RE: Re: RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Awesome ❤️❤️

I’ve been wearing Kilian’s Pure Oud after all the chit chat about oud. There are a number of reviews criticizing the fragrance for not having the depth and complexity of real oud oil, but personally, I don’t think photorealism is necessarily the mark of a good fragrance. Pure Oud strikes a compromise between the tamed oud fragrances like TF’s Oud Wood, with its clean edges and more challenging Western oud scents like Malle’s The Night, with its blue-cheese pungency. Pure Oud evokes a charred, rubbery quality but it is never difficult or overly abrasive. The opening is dense, smoky and growling. A hour or so, other woods begin to peek through, offering hints of luminosity in its inky darkness. Amber and labdanum also soften the composition. It’s better than I remembered and has decent staying power relative to the other Kilian ouds.

skinlife_by_kilian_pure_oud_50ml-500x500

I think you would love Russian Oud by Areej le Doré.

I think you would love Russian Oud by Areej le Doré.

Re: I think you would love Russian Oud by Areej le Doré.

@Vmaster, I have been curious about this house as Kafkaesque has written some very detailed reviews about them. Russian Musk and Ottoman Empire also sound very good. Are there others from Areej le Doré you'd recommend?

Russian Adam (owner/perfumer) for Areej le Doré only made a limited number of bottles of each fragrance for each "generation" of fragrances. The first generation had Siberian Musk, Ottoman Empire and Oud Zen. The only way to get those now is from collectors or ebay as they are long sold out.  Russian Oud is from the 3rd (current) generation of his fragrances which you can find at lucky scent. For the 1st and 2nd generations, only 100 bottles of each fragrance were made, The 3rd generation, around 200 of each were made. Once they are gone, sadly they are gone. Each generation not only has different fragrances, but different bottles, labels and caps as well.  Please feel free to PM me if you need more info.

@Vmaster, Thanks for the helpful info!

@pocketvenus  I neglected to answer your question.

From what I see still available at lucky, I suggest:

Russian Oud - best currently available

Russian Musk - only if you enjoy potent real musk

Inverno Russo - a woody floral that contains hainan (chinese) oud which is a little skanky. It is a challenging yet wonderful fragrance.

@Vmaster- Looked these up on Luckyscent today and only the sample for Russian Oud is left 😮 The musk one sounds soooooo good!

@pocketvenus They are both very nice!

I do know that supplies of the Russian Oud are running low -not sure about the Musk.

@Vmaster, it shows up as sold out for me 😞

Oh no...

I just checked the areej site and for Siberian Oud, orders are on hold but with the following statement:

"Due to the high demand we run out of the packed bottles.

It will become available again in the nearest future."

Not sure if it will affect lucky, but you may want to keep checking both sites -especially the areej site.

If you order from them know that unless their location might have changed since Russian Adam got married, the product shipped from Thailand and it is better to pay the extra money for fast shipping because the cheapest shipping can take up to a month, along with the slight chance it could get lost, as it is shipped slow boat. Anyways, I will keep an eye out for it as well.

The last of the Russian Oud and Russian Musk are back in stock at the areej site.

@pocketvenus I bought the Oud Harmony discovery set from Kilian, and while each of them is rich and deep, they never seem to last on me. I've had better luck with Juliette Has a Gun's Midnight Oud (rose adds heady romance to the woody oud) and Another Oud (slightly fruity opening and then Oud for days!) Have you tried them by any chance? For what it's worth, I also have Tom Ford's Oud Wood and Oud Fleur, both of which I gravitate towards more than my Kilian scents because they have slightly better staying power.

@LCResz- I also enjoy Oud Wood 🙂 And agreed, it lasts better, although it strikes me as light for a TF scent.

I have had decent performance from Pure Oud and Extreme Oud (stronger version of Pure) but like you, I find the others to be subtle. My favourite, Musk Oud, is fleeting in comparison 😞 Thank you for the JHAG recommendations, I will give them a try!

I’m really enjoying my Stella Peony, the scent has a strong rose note. The Peony secures to the rose and becomes the most divine dark smoky incense. In cool spring they were separate and bright with medium silage. But the summer heat married them into a bold skinscent. Something unexpected during a hug. Going to give it a date night try and see what happens.

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Gatsby by Pacoma A wonderful vintage fragrance.

2,358 Replies
testing