Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

That's great to know! I'm going to LA in October, so I plan to visit Le Labo and smell everything. I've always been curious about Santal 33 since it seems so popular!

@elise222, have fun! 🙂 I know BIC members here also like the Rose one.

Thursday's SOTD will be Baque by Slumberhouse. Notes: apricot, straw, vanilla, tobacco leaf, amber, parchment, honey, davana liqueur. 30 ml of awesome.

baqueb.jpg

@Vmasternice! Does it smell similar to Kiste? Also, is the oud in the Diptyque very pungent? I'd be so shocked if it is!

@pocketvenus This is Kiste with ambergris, more tobacco a...

@pocketvenus This is Kiste with ambergris, more tobacco and noticable artemisia. In the drydown, the ambergris and artemisia (davana) really shine, with a darkened tobacco & apricot mix. The oud in Oud Palao is not your typical safe oud but it is not over-the-top like Oudh Infini either. There is rose listed in the notes but it is very subtle, which is good because rose & oud blends have been done to death, and this makes it stand out in my opinion.

Re: @pocketvenus This is Kiste with ambergris, more tobacco a...

@Vmaster, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Those both sound soooooooooooooooo good!

Oud Palao by Diptyque again. 

Laotian oud - it smells like the real deal.

21ka4dB.jpg

Today I'm wearing Mona di Orio's Oudh Osmanthus. It's funny, I didn't think I would like this because all the reviews described it as a soft oud and I like more difficult wears, but I'm finding this one very enjoyable.

I recently got the VIKTOR&ROLF - Magic Liquid Diamonds fragrance. I always express how I love floral/fresh scents and this new fragrance has floral bouquet accord/ ultra clean accord notes! Nonetheless, I am OBSESSED. This fragrance might be my new "everyday" fragrance. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

I am trying a sample vial of Viktor & Rolf Magic Sage Spell. Very different from anything I have tried. It is in the earthy and woody category.

Key notes: Lavender Essence and Citrus Caviar Accord. There is also Sage, Labdanum, and Patchouli. 

It is a nice fragrance, but not sure I love it enough to purchase a full size. I need to wear it a few more times. It is long lasting- about 8 hours on my skin.

I am wearing Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne today,  it is a great fresh fragrance for warm weather, or when I cannot decide what else to wear. Definitely one of my favorites!

JO MALONE LONDON - Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne

Great fragrance, @angel7594! This is still one of my favorites, too.

I'm not wearing this today but I usually reach for my Tocca Florence! It smells absolutely wonderful and I love that it's light! 🙂

https://www.sephora.com/product/florence-P38221

@DaneeBT - Florence is one of my fave scents! Have you tried their hair fragrances? During the entire summer, I'd put the TOCCA - Florence Hair Fragrance in my hair and it'd make my hair smell amazing. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Today I am wearing a sample of Oud Palao by Diptyque. Monday or Tuesday I should be receiving a bottle, along with a bottle of Basque and a bottle of Norne - both by Slumberhouse.

Next week shoud be a good one as I am taking it off from work.

On a downside, I successfully woke myself up this morning. When I was sleepily walking past my bed, my pinky toe caught the foot of my bed, breaking it. I taped it to my other toe and limped to work. Good times...

@Vmaster, Oud Palao is not my absolute favorite from Diptyque.  However, i think it is the best of all Diptyque perfumes. I gifted my hubby a full size bottle for Valentine.  Today when i looked, he almost finishes it.  Guess it's time for a restock lol 

Wow @Vmaster, you are having a rough week!! 😞

Hopefully things will turn around with some time off and those great fragrances! Norne is wonderfully atmospheric.

@pocketvenus It has been a rather rough week. Well, on the bright side, when you've hit bottom, the only way to go is up. 

I had tested Norne last December and loved it. Baque is a blind buy due to its rave reviews. 

I wore Habit Rouge by Guerlain the other night. While drifting off to sleep, I realized something: It is the men's version of Shalimar

@Vmaster, I haven't smelled Baque either, although it sounds very good.

I remember reading somewhere that Habit Rouge received criticism for being too "feminine" but it became so popular 🙂

Hope you are on the mend!

Oh no! I hope your toe heals quickly! @Vmaster

@curlychiquita Thank you! Not a good way to start off my Friday.

2,358 Replies
testing