Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@Titian06 It was so promising 😞

Wore a sample of Ellis Brooklyn MYTH Eau de Parfum today and really loved it. 

Today I wore Neo-Animism, Mami Wata.  This sample was gifted to me by the gorgeous @Samtian .  I wore this shortly after receiving it, but never got around to reviewing it.  It starts out smelling fresh and clean, like stepping into a bath.  Within a minute, literally, that is gone, and you're left smelling like wet, warm, muddy plastic in the summer.  It's quite strong for the first couple of hours.  After that, it mellows out to a light warm summer afternoon.  Definitely will not purchase, but having fun wearing the sample.

Notes:  Soap, coral reef

@Titian06 🤣 I'm dying at the description, wet, warm, muddy plastic. 

@Samtian @Titian06  Same here. 

Trying out the Maker Stag. No where near the masculine scent I was expecting. Warm with a slight powdery spice so far.

i've tested this two different days. Ellis Brooklyn Vanilla Milk is a more subtle, warm fragrance. It is milky for awhile but that fades into that warm? cold? slightly strange smell when you open the doors to the ice cream shop. Ice cream and toasted waffle cones mixed together. The first day I did get that spoiled milk scent. It was very brief. The second day the opening was outer dirty, hairy cocoa shell husk that dissolved into the inner shell of the husk. More cocoa than dirty, hairy husk. It went milky and now has the ice cream in toasted waffle cones. This has the sweetness and warmth factor of the waffle cone, not the ice cream. The vanilla extract for baking smell is there. It is not sweet in that factor. Vanilla Milk is semi-sweet. Will I buy it? I don't know. It is long lasting and more of a personal scent. If you don't like milk or are expecting super sweet vanilla candies you will be disappointed. It's definitely not your average perfume.

@Margalee, @Titian06 @Samtian 

Just got Ellis Brooklyn VANILLA MILK Eau de Parfum Travel Spray .33 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spray , and it is wild.  Margalee's description is pretty apt.  I am getting it in a slightly different order.  I totally got the ice cream shop with I just sprayed it into the air, on my skin, it started ice cream shop and immediately went to milk, like canned condensed milk with a touch of floral (probably the cocoa).  I get the hate/love thing now, I kind of love it.  It's a different take on vanilla, somewhere between floral and gourmand, but pretty unique.

Layering this, is going to be a challenge.

@danielledanielle My face still makes this weird expression reading your thoughts haha. Definitely not something I will try...ever. Thanks for the tag!

Wow!  Really interesting, @danielledanielle ! 🍨🥛🌷  I wonder what the developers ("noses") smell when they create these concoctions?

Honestly, @Margalee , it sounds disgusting!  My nose was wrinkled up in the offensive smell kind of way the entire time I read your review!  No offense.  I'm sure there's a market for this...it's just not me! 😄

@Titian06 , I was the opposite.  I was like, this was a whole journey, gotta smell this 😂 @Margalee 

@danielledanielle - If you try this one, post your thoughts; we'd love to know! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 Haha same!

@Titian06  I had to understand it to appreciate it. 

Testing out Skylar's Salt. Very lightweight which is what I needed today. The initial spray has that fresh coastal feel. I did feel like ice cream on the boardwalk was there. There is a light saltiness but I get more of that beachy, fresh breeze off the ocean, slightly floral, and plant life, slightly salt but cool, fresh, light. Very breezy. I did reapply after a few hours so this is very lightweight in regard to sillage as well as projection. Hope I used the correct terms there... I normally don't care for many salty fragrances but I do wish the saltiness lasted a bit longer on this one. This dries down to a light, sort of perfumed fancy guest soap smell. Normally I don't like soapy scents either but Skylar Salt in the dry down leans more toward the perfume end rather than the dry, gritty detergent or bath soap scents I dislike.

@Margalee This one sounds nice!

I might have to try this one, @Margalee .  Mostly because it's a little different. 🙂

The sun is out and it's feeling very early spring today so I'm wearing Libertine's Chlorophyllia 🌿

chlorophyllia.jpg

It was a rainy day in NY, so I trotted out Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' When the Rain Stops , lightly layering it with Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ Lazy Sunday Morning .  It's flower powered, but it doesn't come off too strong.  I think aquatic/marine accord helps it from being overwhelming and more fresh/minty.   But, I needed a perfume or an oil because the longevity is lacking.  I generally spray a lot of WTRS vs lazy sunday.

Warm citrusy smell, so if you’re in to that try it for sure!

A9061C1E-C44F-406A-BF30-C5EEAA06CBAD.jpeg

2,358 Replies
testing